I was pushed out of Collingwood: Shaw

Remove this Banner Ad

Nathan killed off the Collingwood Football Club and made it the Nathan Buckley Football Club. Totally new game plan, no lads allowed everyone forget what works for you and adopt the Nathan Buckley way. They've lost the love or hate Collingwood, they're just like the rest of us now.

The players and Mick wanted to delay the succession plan and its taken 5-6 years in the doldrums to recover from it. But no selfish Nathan thought he could snag a flag and had none of it. Shaw's a character and we need more of his type playing AFL. 2x AA at the Giants, Collingwoods loss.

All I know is that as a Supercoacher Shaw in his prime kicks to himself after a point, and calling for the ball frantically in the other backpocket were a thing of beauty.

No-one but no-none has gathered more cheap SC points over the years than he. Old man Simpson goes close, but Shaw will always be the GOAT.

Joel Bowden :rolleyes:

Not sure either of you really understand how Supercoach scoring works.

Nathan killed off the Collingwood Football Club and made it the Nathan Buckley Football Club. Totally new game plan, no lads allowed everyone forget what works for you and adopt the Nathan Buckley way. They've lost the love or hate Collingwood, they're just like the rest of us now.

The players and Mick wanted to delay the succession plan and its taken 5-6 years in the doldrums to recover from it. But no selfish Nathan thought he could snag a flag and had none of it. Shaw's a character and we need more of his type playing AFL. 2x AA at the Giants, Collingwoods loss.

Lol

I just remember his game where he had the 13th highest SuperCoach score in history. But strange for a back pocket but then SuperCoach is a bit strange.

This one?

38 disposals (including 36 kicks, 97.37% disposal efficiency), 14 marks, 6 tackles, 8 intercept possessions, 5 one percenters, 2 inside 50s, 14 rebound 50s, 9 running bounces, 1125 metres gained (29.61 metres gained per disposal), and a Champion Data Player Ranking Score of 203.

Any way you slice it, that's a brilliant individual game.

Like Daisy he seems to have had trouble adjusting to a new coach. The situation was clearly untenable and we would 100% not be in the position we are now if he'd stayed.

When I hear about someone being pushed out of Collingwood, the thing that immediately comes to mind is a woman I met a number of years ago who recounted a boss who sacked her with the line: "I'll make sure you'll never work in Frankston again".

And just like in the real world where if any of us were getting paid to do a job and we got a new manager that we didn’t get along with because they could see that we weren’t really being a positive influence in the workplace and performing as best as we could be, and after it being addressed we were still continuing on with said unproductive behaviour because we thought we didn’t have to then we would be quite understandably be given the sack. And no amount of playing down your contributing behaviours or playing the victim card is going to convince Fair Work that it is unfair dismissal either.

Just entitled, immature and unresilient snowflake behaviour that they seem to think they’re special and don’t have to abide by the status quo in the workplace.

And just like in the real world where if any of us were getting paid to do a job and we got a new manager that we didn’t get along with because they could see that we weren’t really being a positive influence in the workplace and performing as best as we could be, and after it being addressed we were still continuing on with said unproductive behaviour because we thought we didn’t have to then we would be quite understandably be given the sack. And no amount of playing down your contributing behaviours or playing the victim card is going to convince Fair Work that it is unfair dismissal either.

Just entitled, immature and unresilient snowflake behaviour that they seem to think they’re special and don’t have to abide by the status quo in the workplace.
How did you get there from the thread?

You're freaking me out.

The breakup of the magpies flag team seemed unduly hasty at the time.

Tigers fans- does anyone know the coaching ambitions of Richo? Have North Melbourne offered him a contract?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nathan killed off the Collingwood Football Club and made it the Nathan Buckley Football Club. Totally new game plan, no lads allowed everyone forget what works for you and adopt the Nathan Buckley way.

Jordan DeGoey and Taylor Adams are just about the epitome of lads - from what I've heard JDG in particular.

Thought this was all pretty much common knowledge.
Fault on both sides. Buckley inflexible and Shaw took too many liberties and was a disruptive influence.
Buckley not having separation from blokes he'd played with made it hard. Not his fault, but players transitioning from having him as a teammate to coach tricky
Not the first bloke to move on and turn things around. Mitch Robinson is a great example of it. Has become a leader and a really positive influence at the Lions.

Jordan DeGoey and Taylor Adams are just about the epitome of lads - from what I've heard JDG in particular.

Swanny is as big a lad as they come and he happily finished his career under Bucks.

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Didn't miss him for a minute. His selfish, self interested approach to football is what ended his time at Collingwood. Quite ironic that you accuse Buck's of selfishness when that was the very reason for Shaw getting the boot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back