I was wrong about Chris Scott!

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been on the Chris Scott bandwagon for years. Incredible coach.

Don’t know why it took so long to change game plan but credit!
All you supporters* would drive around building sites seeing foundations and think - “tHaT HoUsE is s**t. Tear it down!”

Can’t even open your eyes or ears when the captain and coach keep saying “It wasn’t just 12 months in the making. This took years”.

Wasn't wrong about Scott in previous seasons.
But this season I was wrong about Scott, I was wrong about Wells and most importantly I was wrong about DazBroncos.
Yeah, we should win the flag every year. They are so easy to win and no one else in the league has any impact on it whatsoever.

We are ******* lucky to have Chris Scott and ******* lucky to have club leadership that has realised that he is the best coach in the league and kept backing him in.

Actually I did not. I don’t usually start threads and even if we lost today I’ve been thoroughly impressed with the new game plan and the introduction of youth etc.
Alright, that’s enough kicking. Go and fully enjoy everything that comes from this moment. 😄

*, we’re very lucky to be Geelong Supporters.

Alright, that’s enough kicking. Go and fully enjoy everything that comes from this moment. 😄

*, we’re very lucky to be Geelong Supporters.
You too mate.
I’m absolutely wrapped for Scotty and the boys.

I never imagined 12 months ago that we would be here. I thought we were cooked and on the way down for sure. More than happy to wear egg! Maybe a lesson to never lose faith!!

What a day!!

You too mate.
I’m absolutely wrapped for Scotty and the boys.

I never imagined 12 months ago that we would be here. I thought we were cooked and on the way down for sure. More than happy to wear egg! Maybe a lesson to never lose faith!!

What a day!!
The truth is- you need supporters to challenge and be disappointed too. It keeps the board interesting and engaging. It actually pushes the club too as our sentiment translates to their adaptations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Banged my head on the wall when I found out last year wouldn’t be the end of Scott’s time as coach.

Now he can stay for as long as wants.
I was exactly the same. I was frustrated beyond measure when I heard that news. To his credit he made all the right moves this year. Complete credit to him for a masterful year of coaching!

I have no concerns with any criticisms previously made towards our coach, they were valid. We should've hard more success in the past decade with the club and list/talent we had...but we didn't, until this season and until today. So be it. Joel said it best, like many before him, they're not easy to win. Those clubs who had their b2b's and three-peats found the nice niche in a time period when they are simply above the rest at that time. It happens and all the best to them, but soon after they crawl-back to non-top 8 or nineth-mond. I've appreciated our near continual finals run, despite not always the greatest of results.

Let's enjoy this, tonight, tomorrow, and until Round 1 next year, we all (supporters and players) have earned the right to enjoy it. Might've been boring for others, but for today it was vindication, yet again, that we're not too old or too slow, simply too good. Carn' the Cats!!!!

We didn’t change the game plan, we have kept the fundamentals of what we have done so well over many years and built upon it again with improved personnel in 2022.

Buckley was on SEN the other day saying how difficult it is to coach against Scott and how we swing an extra number behind the ball to control it from the back half. That Scott’s king philosophy is protect and control the ball from defense then attack from there.

Do you think we stopped doing that this year?? Or we just incremented on it??

We didn’t win the premiership in those years for the same reason Clarkson didn’t win the premiership from 09-12, and the same reason hardwick didn’t win the flags for years prior to 2017.

A premiership game plan is years and years in the making and takes a lot to get it right including personnel staff and luck all coming together.

What you are finding difficult to comprehend about this is confusing and shows a lack of depth when it comes to understanding how footy really works

Last edited by a moderator:
Don’t know why it took so long to change game plan but credit!
In fairness we had to change our team around a fair bit first. I think since pre season 2019 we were trying to go about things differently (brought Dal and Rohan in and changed a few other things where we could) but could only change so much. Getting Stengle to go with Myers and Close was fortunate and extremely important.

We didn’t change the game plan, we have kept the fundamentals of what we have done so well over many years and built upon it again with improved personnel in 2022.

Buckley was on SEN the other day saying how difficult it is to coach against Scott and how we swing an extra number behind the ball to control it from the back half. That Scott’s king philosophy is protect and control the ball from defense then attack from there.

Do you think we stopped doing that this year?? Or we just incremented on it??

We didn’t win the premiership in those years for the same reason Clarkson didn’t win the premiership from 09-12, and the same reason hardwick didn’t win the flags for years prior to 2017.

A premiership game plan is years and years in the making and takes a lot to get it right including personnel staff and luck all coming together.

What you are finding difficult to comprehend about this is confusing and shows a lack of depth when it comes to understanding how footy really works
Yes, we could always control it from defence through the years of great coaching and practise. The fundamentals were built. Unfortunately, we never had that connection from our running small forwards to assist a fast transition out of defence that would benefit our forwards. And even if we did have that movement, we never had THREE dangerous forwards (Rohan included) who could separate opponents in an empty forward 50 and win one on ones.

It all had to come together after years of recruiting, training, coaching and tweaking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back