Recommitted Ian 'Bobby' Hill + R3 (40) to Collingwood for R3 (43) + F2

Remove this Banner Ad

I read that post ... but you've misunderstood it. The cost is more than just pick #49, even if Pies win the flag next year.

Notwithstanding, largely a win-win. I agree it's likely the result of goodwill from GWS not bidding on Daicos last year.
Graham wright and your list manager x team mates yeah.

What do we actually know about Picks 41 and 42? 40 obviously has a few more points than 43 if that's useful, and 40 will give you the ability to pick ahead of currently Essendon and Melbourne, but there's really almost nothing in it otherwise.

The interesting thing beyond that is Essendon is likely to use 41 in bid matching, so that pick will disappear, moving 43 even closer to 40.

Effectively they've got Bobby Hill for an almost meaningless swap of 2022 picks and a future 2nd.

If you work out the deal in points or whatever it’s adds up to being like pick 48 for hill. Both teams get pick swaps to use on other trade deals so it’s a win win to be honest.
The deal is a future second, the other swap is fluff. We will death ride hard, I'm not convinced the blokes coming in make Collingwood better, can easily see them missing the 8.

Anyone trading in Brisbane's future first does so in the knowledge that the pick would be pushed back in the draft order if Brisbane have points to deduct off a future first.

You're betting on where Brisbane will finish next season, then sweating off how many debit points off that pick as well. Way too risky, what you think might be mid teens could end up in the 20's
This is not true. Once Brisbane trade a future pick, it belongs to the new club, and a Brisbane points deficit comes off a different Brisbane future pick. Next year, any Brisbane points deficit will be applied before any trading, so they couldn't trade a first round pick away and have the deficit come off later picks. But if they've sold it previously, it does come off the later (next) pick(s) they have.

And there's a limit to the deficit that clubs can take into the following year.

I read that post ... but you've misunderstood it. The cost is more than just pick #49, even if Pies win the flag next year.

Notwithstanding, largely a win-win. I agree it's likely the result of goodwill from GWS not bidding on Daicos last year.

Lol think the good will was returned after the haul you got for Treloar

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back