Recommitted Ian 'Bobby' Hill + R3 (40) to Collingwood for R3 (43) + F2

Remove this Banner Ad

For a notoriously inconsistent player, he was bloody consistent across his career as per my OP on him above. 4 30+ goal seasons and another 4 20+ goal seasons. Effectively 8/8 seasons above 20 goals when he played more than 15 games.
and AA

In other likely early movement, Giants small forward Bobby Hill will move to Collingwood in a trade of their future second-round pick, with another pick coming back to Collingwood this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood can buy Brisbane's future first for 20 second and third round picks if it wants to, any points still needed will carry the deficit to the next year and take effect at the end of the season - long before the AFL strips down the number of picks a club has to match the vacant list places.

So Collingwood could do that.

Collingwood can buy Brisbane's future first for 20 second and third round picks if it wants to, any points still needed will carry the deficit to the next year and take effect at the end of the season - long before the AFL strips down the number of picks a club has to match the vacant list places.

So Collingwood could do that.
Brisbane would need to have 20 list spaces to use the theoretical 20 picks.

If you don't have a first they will come off your next pick.
The first round protection means that if the bid for a player comes after the first round then any extra points needed don't come off the future first.

I don't think there is any first round protection. The ruling as I understand it, is any deficit comes off the future year in the same round the bid was made.

Eg. If a bid was made in the 3rd round and there was a deficit, then neither the 1st or 2nd rounders are touched, and any deficit comes off the 3rd and 4th (if required).

If both Ashcroft and Fletcher are bid on in the first round, then there is no protection whatsoever to any of Brisbanes future picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back