jonesy03

Team Captain
Sep 1, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool
got this from the doggies board and thought it was interesting, kudos to the poster in the doggies board

....................................................................................................
Ian Collins has written a formal letter to the AFL in a move that is set to rock Adam Cooney and the AFL.

Apparently in round 21, Adam arrived at Telstra Dome without his player pass at the same time as Luke Darcy arrived. With a team meeting about to start, Luke let him use his membership card to enter the ground.

Apparently Ian Collins became aware of this only this morning after learning to his horror that a Western Bulldogs player had won the Brownlow.

Because Adam entered the ground using a membership card and not a player pass, Collins is arguing that he was not elligible to enter the field of play and therefore his 3 votes in round 21 should not be awarded.

It is understood that the claim is to be referred to a third party tribunal, where Ian Collins is to provide both video evidence from the carpark and barcode retirement evidence to support his claim

Re: Ian Collins Lodges Brownload Complaint

Those unfamiliar(95% of bigfooty) with the controversial Chris Grant suspension in 1997 when Ian Collins stepped in to make sure Grant was suspended, won't get the joke.

(Also Ian Collins is responsible for the Bulldogs receiving money from the AFL - blame Collins and the Telstra Dome deal when you have a pot shot at the Bulldogs monetary flow)

haha i thought it was quite funny, most of the doggies fan will understand it tho, thanks to Butane for explaining it for the rest tho

Those unfamiliar(95% of bigfooty) with the controversial Chris Grant suspension in 1997 when Ian Collins stepped in to make sure Grant was suspended, won't get the joke.

(Also Ian Collins is responsible for the Bulldogs receiving money from the AFL - blame Collins and the Telstra Dome deal when you have a pot shot at the Bulldogs monetary flow)

I'm a bit sick of all this Bulldog paranoia and obsession that Collo had it in for Grant and the Bulldogs ... Fact is, Grant should have been reported in the first place, he basically nearly whacked Nick Holland senseless, and today the MRP would have given it a mandatory 3 weeks, and no one was to know at the time that Grant was going to poll the most votes in the Brownlow medal anyway ..

I'm a bit sick of all this Bulldog paranoia and obsession that Collo had it in for Grant and the Bulldogs ... Fact is, Grant should have been reported in the first place, he basically nearly whacked Nick Holland senseless, and today the MRP would have given it a mandatory 3 weeks, and no one was to know at the time that Grant was going to poll the most votes in the Brownlow medal anyway ..

ahh if you remember back the investigation officer found there was no case to answer but then Collins dismissed his findings and went over his head and overuled him to make sure Grant was suspended...He was a prick back then and is still a prick now screwing nearly every Telstra Dome club of a fair deal.

Cleared by all field umpires mate. The only player in history to be reported by an AFL official. The only player in history to be suspended after the umpires said at the tribunal hearing that it was not a reportable offense.

See here for more info

Cleared by all field umpires mate. The only player in history to be reported by an AFL official. The only player in history to be suspended after the umpires said at the tribunal hearing that it was not a reportable offense.

See here for more info

"The umpires gave it the all clear, not only on the day, but after the game they reviewed it and didn't see an incident that warranted a report or suspension, so they didn't send it to the tribunal," says Grant.

Ian Collins = ****

And nothing against Robert Harvey but it must have felt a little bit strange winning the Brownlow but having that controversy surrounding it. I'm glad he went out the following year and topped the medal tally, that would have made him feel a lot better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Once again you have shown the football public that you have absolutely no idea about the game.

Stupid, best describes you.

I'm a bit sick of all this Bulldog paranoia and obsession that Collo had it in for Grant and the Bulldogs ....
Is it the umpire's medal or the Collo's medal? The umpires didn't report him on the day, they reviewed the video footage and cleared him again. Only once in the history of the game has a senior VFL/AFL official stepped in and over-ridden the umpires. That's why we think Collo is vermin (not to mention a s**t club president).

Cooney's surprise win has gone some way to redressing the 1997 result. Feels good to get an overdue slice of good karma coming back the other way.

Is it the umpire's medal or the Collo's medal? The umpires didn't report him on the day, they reviewed the video footage and cleared him again. Only once in the history of the game has a senior VFL/AFL official stepped in and over-ridden the umpires. That's why we think Collo is vermin (not to mention a s**t club president).

Cooney's surprise win has gone some way to redressing the 1997 result. Feels good to get an overdue slice of good karma coming back the other way.

I'm still waiting for the balance to be restored after McKernan's the year before.

Originally Posted by celtic_pride
I'm a bit sick of all this Bulldog paranoia and obsession that Collo had it in for Grant and the Bulldogs ....

I think you are very much paranoid because Collo was your president. Don't you think that supension was unusal? If you say no, you are supid. And why is he complain it now, why before the Brownlow count? OK, even if it's true, what a rubbish rule is that. If Darc played for Cooney's jumper then, it makes sense.:)

ahh if you remember back the investigation officer found there was no case to answer but then Collins dismissed his findings and went over his head and overuled him to make sure Grant was suspended...

Complete crap. Collins made sure Grant was reported, not suspended. THe tribunal made sure he was suspended. It took courage from Collins and he should be congratulated for having the courage to make the report and upholding the spirit of the game.

Collins and the tribunal judged the case on its merits without any regard for who the player was. All tribunal cases should be judged like this.

Look I really agree that Collins was a rubbish and incompetent president, but in all honesty if a player did what Grant did in 97 to Nick Holland, the MRP would wipe him out straight away ...

When he whacked Holland, he was going for the man, not the ball, and that is why he got suspended ... I feel bad for Grant, but it wasn't as if he was innocent in all of this ..

ahh if you remember back the investigation officer found there was no case to answer but then Collins dismissed his findings and went over his head and overuled him to make sure Grant was suspended...He was a prick back then and is still a prick now screwing nearly every Telstra Dome club of a fair deal.
Fair comment. :thumbsu:

I also recall him interfering in the video review process to say that Greg Williams had 'no case to answer' when he was caught on video whacking Robert Harvey in the guts. Diesel went on to 'win' the Brownlow that year.

Have you ever seen Collo's body language when he's being interviewed? I doubt he could give an honest answer if you asked him the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back