AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
Ian Hill - South Perth FC
Midfielder/ Small Forward
174 cm 63 kg
9/2/2000

Hard to place, definite Top 5 on talent but because of his size he could slide like Caleb Daniel and Jack Higgins have done in the past

Played 4 games with WA as a bottom-ager and 4 games of WAFL colts

Early thoughts and predictions?

Watched Hill play at the Etihad clash against Vic Country - It was a dominant game by Hill who was in the best three on the ground - He's a smooth mover who has enough pace, a decent kick, good evasive skills, and seems to have good endurance - Seemed to play half mid and half high forward - Reminds me a bit of Walters as under 18 - My only proviso is this game was one of the worst under 19 championship games, I've ever watched live.

Reminds me a bit of Charlie Cameron the way he tackles and tucks the ball under the arm. Clearly gets more of the ball than CC

Hill is just a very special talent, this year recruiters with a pick in the top ten are going some unbelievablelly good young talent to choice from.

Will we be targeting players like hill? Seeing as though we already have carter locked away wouldn't it make more sense to look towards a key forward, maybe someone like one of the king brothers?
On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I tend to agree that a KPF is the only major hole left, but I won't be disappointed if we read Ian's name out in November, especially if the Kings and Lukosius are off the board.
Not a weakness on your list this type of player is it.
No you are right it is probably our strongest suit these days, but iHill looks gun.

from watching his replay's, he has an amazing ability when kicking the ball off the ground and getting it to bounce perfectly into his hands.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bump. Featured in Tomorrow's Heroes on the AFL website.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-26/tomorrows-heroes-ian-hill

IAN Hill's season started with him recovering from shoulder surgery and ended with another shoulder operation, meaning clubs didn't ever really see the West Australian's best in 2018.

The lightning-quick small forward, who is a second cousin to Fremantle brothers Stephen and Bradley Hill, showed his potential as a 17-year-old last year, when he put in an exciting display for his state against Vic Country at Docklands.

Hill started the year viewed as a potential top-five selection, but now seems more likely to be drafted later in the first round or early in the second round.

IanHillgraphic.jpeg

With academy and F/S players such as Blakey , Thomas and West could well be 17.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back