Ian shuttleworth joins crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Look, now that you say that, it rings a bell.

I'm not sure that it was Trigg's first job with the Crows though. I thought that he started in admin, then went to Public Relations and then to CEO

Jenny might be able to enlighten us on this one.
I thought Trigg was the Footy Ops Manager (Harper's old job)? I remember seeing one of those Youtube videos from our 1997 flag, and I'm fairly sure he was introduced as that when doing an interview on 7. Could be wrong though...

I thought Trigg was the Footy Ops Manager (Harper's old job)? I remember seeing one of those Youtube videos from our 1997 flag, and I'm fairly sure he was introduced as that when doing an interview on 7. Could be wrong though...
Trigg went from our Communications manager to Footy Ops. Harper followed the same path but can't see him being our next CEO

Look, now that you say that, it rings a bell.

I'm not sure that it was Trigg's first job with the Crows though. I thought that he started in admin, then went to Public Relations and then to CEO

Jenny might be able to enlighten us on this one.

Communications manager.

Trigg went from our Communications manager to Footy Ops. Harper followed the same path but can't see him being our next CEO

No, John Reid was football operations manager.

Trigg went from communications manager to CEO.

I love it how the port Power board keep trying to rubbish his appointment by referring to him as a die hard West Coast Eagles supporter, yet conveniently forget that Keith Thomas has Red and Blue blood flowing through his veins from Norwood. Keith Thomas is now a black and white legend as if he's been as that club for 30 years.

Bless their bias nature.

Communications manager.

Thanks guys. :thumbsu:

So EC, are you saying that Trigg has held 3 positions at the Crows, which was my vague recollection of his history with us?

Once again for all those that can remember, I don't remember him being as pompous and self-righteous sounding when he first started as he does now - do you agree with that, or has memory beaten me once again?

So EC, are you saying that Trigg has held 3 positions at the Crows, which was my vague recollection of his history with us?

Once again for all those that can remember, I don't remember him being as pompous and self-righteous sounding when he first started as he does now - do you agree with that, or has memory beaten me once again?

From memory, I'm sure we have only ever had the 3 football operations managers

Neil Kearly 1991

Didn't have one for 1992

John Reid 1993 to 2009

Phil Harper 2010 - current.

Went from comms, to membership manager I think. Def not ops though

Yes, this sounds better.

IIRC he was membership manager at a time. Now, I'm not sure in what order it was but he's been communications manager, membership manager and now CEO.

Yes, this sounds better.

IIRC he was membership manager at a time. Now, I'm not sure in what order it was but he's been communications manager, membership manager and now CEO.

That lines up more with my vague recollection of his background. I always thought the CEO role was his 3rd job with the Crows.

I think he must have been Membership Manager first, as I was thinking he started in some almost admin type role before going on to the other positions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That just sounds like someone who is stressed and in the job far too long.

That's not saying he hasn't done a good job but people who are in the same job too long, start sounding pompous and self righteous. John Howard was making the sane sort of comments just before the 2007 election. After 10 odd years - his time was up. Did a good job, but we needed a change.

Trigg is the same. He's done a good job, it's just his last 18 months have been horrendous and let him down. Now his time is up.

Not sure but i think he might have had something to do with the Crows web site when we also had a supporters forum before the AFL took over. maybe Jars or KB Crowgirl would know more.

That was Matthew Robran - his first job at the Crows (ha ha after playing of course). That was part of the marketing team.

Yep maybe it wasn't footy ops though as some have mentioned. Definitely think he's soured over the years, maybe his friendship with Jenny has caused that ;). I have one positive Trigg story dating back to 98, my brother had lined up for tickets to the GF and just missed out. He rang and asked if the club could do anything, membership was in my name so Trigg left a message on my phone stating he understood the problem but not much they could do. Luckily we jagged tickets the day before the GF and I saw back to back. These days I reckon Trigg would have rang to call me pathetic.

Yep maybe it wasn't footy ops though as some have mentioned. Definitely think he's soured over the years, maybe his friendship with Jenny has caused that ;). I have one positive Trigg story dating back to 98, my brother had lined up for tickets to the GF and just missed out. He rang and asked if the club could do anything, membership was in my name so Trigg left a message on my phone stating he understood the problem but not much they could do. Luckily we jagged tickets the day before the GF and I saw back to back. These days I reckon Trigg would have rang to call me pathetic.

Cruel, EC, cruel!! :D

2 positions:

Triggy was the (Membership & Communications Manager) 1997 to 2001 and then appointed CEO in December 2001

I love it how the port Power board keep trying to rubbish his appointment by referring to him as a die hard West Coast Eagles supporter, yet conveniently forget that Keith Thomas has Red and Blue blood flowing through his veins from Norwood. Keith Thomas is now a black and white legend as if he's been as that club for 30 years.

Bless their bias nature.

Shuttleworth always referred to himself as a West Coast supporter every time his biased (not bias...pet peeve) nature was called into question. It's a running joke, because he's into the Eagles about as much as I am.

And we don't rubbish his appointment. It's great news for us, as he was the one who set the agenda and tone for Ten's news stories. We don't have to hear his simpering voice unless he's being interviewed, or his pathetic attempts at 'journalism'. Win-win appointment for both of us as far as I'm concerned. You guys are happy, we're happy. :thumbsu:

Shuttleworth always referred to himself as a West Coast supporter every time his biased (not bias...pet peeve) nature was called into question. It's a running joke, because he's into the Eagles about as much as I am.

And we don't rubbish his appointment. It's great news for us, as he was the one who set the agenda and tone for Ten's news stories. We don't have to hear his simpering voice unless he's being interviewed, or his pathetic attempts at 'journalism'. Win-win appointment for both of us as far as I'm concerned. You guys are happy, we're happy. :thumbsu:
So you'll shut down the media shakes head thread or do you just love to bitch?

PS does one AFL flag constitute a spit or a dribble?

Really?

Who are you trying to kid with this nonsensical response. Your board dislikes every person associated with the media who slightly re sports anything negative. Unless a person inside the media gets on their knees and gives your club a hummer, that level do biased your club has is evident for everyone to see. You have 9000 posts on how unfair the media are against your club, or should I say, 50 posts on how much they are against you are 8950 suggesting how much they love us. Jealousy is a bitch, so suck it up princess.

Mark Aston, Ian Shuttleworth, Andrew Jarman, Andrew Capel, Jasper Fjeldstad, KG, Cornes, Rowe and Bone, Mark Ricciuto, any many more have been accused of being port haters as they report something negative. Hell, even head dick wit even gets that accusation and everyone knows he us your number 1 fan boy.

I wouldn't worry too much as Shuts replacement because whom ever it is will report something negative (if he or she does their job) and your board will find some reason to question their ability to do their job. That's just they nature of the beast in relation to how far some of your posters have your head up your arse in relation to the reality of the reporting in this state.

Good appointment.

My only concern is that his predecessor moved to a different role, i.e. we're now carrying another manager. I hope every manager is working to their full potential and the extra's are because we're moving forward and need the resources; as opposed to not having the balls to move people on and creating space for social loafing.

This was exactly my thought, too. Shuttleworth is a great appointment and very suitable for the role... but why are we moving a former media person into our footy department? What skill set do they have for the role?

I don't know them so I can't say they're bad, but geez, either we've been wasting a gem of a footy ops person in our media department, or we didn't actually go and look for someone who actually has that skill set.

So you'll shut down the media shakes head thread or do you just love to bitch?

PS does one AFL flag constitute a spit or a dribble?

*shrugs* Could be either...what do you call winning 2 flags in 23 years?

Really?

Who are you trying to kid with this nonsensical response. Your board dislikes every person associated with the media who slightly re sports anything negative. Unless a person inside the media gets on their knees and gives your club a hummer, that level do biased your club has is evident for everyone to see. You have 9000 posts on how unfair the media are against your club, or should I say, 50 posts on how much they are against you are 8950 suggesting how much they love us. Jealousy is a bitch, so suck it up princess.

Mark Aston, Ian Shuttleworth, Andrew Jarman, Andrew Capel, Jasper Fjeldstad, KG, Cornes, Rowe and Bone, Mark Ricciuto, any many more have been accused of being port haters as they report something negative. Hell, even head dick wit even gets that accusation and everyone knows he us your number 1 fan boy.

I wouldn't worry too much as Shuts replacement because whom ever it is will report something negative (if he or she does their job) and your board will find some reason to question their ability to do their job. That's just they nature of the beast in relation to how far some of your posters have your head up your arse in relation to the reality of the reporting in this state.

Look, I don't like the whinging either, and I'd rather the thread get nuked because it just promotes a negative vibe - but the issue has never been the negative reporting. It's the biased reporting. When you guys were 0-6 that year, did you or did you not get front page news stories pleading for fans to 'Get behind the Crows'? Did the Tippett story have to be broken by journalists from Victoria, with Rowe continually going on about how it was just a 'clerical error' until Demetriou took him to task about it? Criticism when we are playing poorly is warranted, no arguments there. But when Boak was apparently leaving, we got back page after back page because it was proof that we are a basketcase and no-one wants to play for us. He re-signs early, before the start of next season, and it's put ten pages in.

I don't think people want equal reporting. I think they just want fair reporting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back