Toast Ibbo retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Ibbo's best was magnificent to watch. He's been a big part of the most successful to date time for the club.

It's a shame he didn't have a great last year, but hopefully Peel can have a good finals campaign for him, and he gets to intercept alllllll the kicks.

One player I desperately wanted to get up for the 2013 GF. Would have played on Gunston and held him IMO. Had a pretty good year.

Also was a huge contributor in the semi against port in 2014 before popping his shoulder. Game started turning after that.

Was a good solid player who had rotten luck with injury.

All the best Ibbo

At his best was a very important part of some of our best ever backlines.

Shows how quick the game turns though, few could have expected he would have been done in round 2 this year...

Glad he hasn't tried to hang on for another year.

Genuinely decent bloke, and one of the nicest footballers (and people) I have ever met.
Hopefully life away from football is rewarding and satisfying for him and his family.

Always like Ibbo. Just a player who got on with the job and, for the most part, steadily improved through the years despite picking up injuries often at the worse times.

By chance came across some old recordings the other night from 2014 or 15 or so ... only a couple of seasons back. He was masterful reading the play and, at the time, adept at bringing his team-mates into the play when working the back half. All seemed to come to a halt pretty quickly, but glad he's going to play out WAFL finals.

Thanks Ibbo for being a solid contributor and good bloke about the place.

Last edited:
FMD I was only just wondering last night what his contract status was and whether he would be pulling the pin this year as he seems to have been forgotten about.

Will always remember his first ever game and goal against Richmond, Subi end. Thought we had a great player on our hands. Ended up being serviceable.

His job is not finished though. Now he needs to knuckle down and start making babies (preferably boys) with Ben's sister.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great servant of the club and one of those guys that could have excelled at any sport he played because he picked up the flight of the ball so early.
Give him a farewell game this week MC

Thanks Ibbo - his best would definitely be regarded as some of the most exciting playing this club has seen down back.

I find it a bit surprising that he has retired. I feel like with appropriate rest and time to find some form he could of been really valuable to us next year if not for the B22 than for depth at the very least and as a leader off the field. A few people at the club should of definitely put their hand up before him.

His best put him in All Australian class,best in the country in his position.Cannot get any better.Certainly read the play and flight of the ball exceptionally well,as well as having plenty of courage.
Careers fly by really.
I think the average is about 6 years and Ibbo doubled that.
Great service to the club.

Remember him being an absolute pillar in defence in our 2015 campaign, never got as much recognition as he deserved but will always be appreciated by fremantle supporters for being a true honest, hard working defender.

Thanks Ibbo :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back