[ICC Cricket World Cup 2003] - Australia vs Pakistan

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by JUBJUB
Any other hacks we can bag into form ? :D

Hasn't seemed to work with Bevan or Martyn. :mad:

Personally I never doubted Symonds ability or Hogg's a few weeks ago.Any other hacks we can bag into form ? :D

Ricky must be a good judge seeing he was really keen to have Symonds in the side!

Symonds would have known at 4/80 in a weakened side that this was his moment of truth and he needed to "step up" [hate that cliche actually!] - a failure here could have meant the end for him! Now he will have to play in the next few games and who misses out!!??

Hmm - maybe seeing its his day they'd better give him a few overs!

I'm absolutley stoked with Symonds innings - terrifc effort! Hopefully, now that he has that one under his belt he can realise his potential at international level....

To quote Wesley Snipes 'The sun even shines on a dogs arse somedays'

But seriously, props to Symonds for a great innings.

I will however, still doubt his ability to perform well on a consistent basis until he strings a few gooduns' together.

The typical Pakistan flaws were on display in their bowling performance - slack fielding, erratic bowling, cracking under pressure.

But by far their greatest error in this effort was their appalling over rate. To only bowl 24 overs in the first 2 hours was pathetic - if they had kept on bowling at that rate for the rest of their innings they could've been docked 8 overs! Sure, Akhtar's takes a while to bowl his overs because of his long runup but Wasim Akram's bowling runup is very short and should cancel that out.

Australia did very well to continue attacking after losing so many wickets early with a short batting lineup, but then you would expect that from the best side around. Symonds's innings was outstanding, finally showing the promise he displayed in 1999-2000 period. Ponting, despite his soft dismissal, played very maturely while the side was struggling early on.

Australia should win this by a country mile and prove what a shambles Pakistani cricket has become.

Originally posted by wagstaff

Australia should win this by a country mile and prove what a shambles Pakistani cricket has become.

Yeah, it's a shame the Pakistani side is a mess at the moment, they've still got a good list of exciting players yet temperament seems to have continually brought them down in the last 5 years. They need to find a strong leader to lead by example and bring some cohesion to the side.

Great innings by Symonds, needed to deliver and did so.

Great win first up by Australia, the two guys that nobody wanted, Symonds and Harvey, were #1 and #2 for the match, quite ironical really.

GO THE AUSSIES!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A good start to the WC. Firstly to get ourselves out of trouble, then secondly to win quite comfortably. The most pleasing thing was getting good contributions from all 3 all rounders.

That was a great win and it was even better than Symonds and Harvey showed some great form. Hope they can keep it up for the rest of the tourney.

Originally posted by St-KriS
That was a great win and it was even better than Symonds and Harvey showed some great form. Hope they can keep it up for the rest of the tourney.
sadly in someway for harvey with the return of bevan and lehman and the good form of symonds with the bat harvey will have to give way.

cheers!

well done aussies. that was great stuff.

i've got to admit that I was not a fan of Symonds (great fielder but has(had) done nothing in the national team) but his batting proved me wrong.

who would have thought that Symonds, Harvey and Hogg would be the guys to pull apart the opposition. unfortunatly I think that one of these guys, probably harvey, will go to make way for darren.

Sorry Catman,I couldn't resist highlighting this bit. :p

Personally I never doubted Symonds ability

Looks like I'll have to eat my words with a large side dish of humble pie :).

Well done Symonds (now don't make it a once off!).

Great win. During the Aussie innings I was in a Delhi market but every second shop had it on TV so I was able to keep up with the score. Great to get back to my accomodation and watch the Packies crumble. Had to endure heaps of ads with the Indian cricketers in them during the breaks between overs - cant wait to beat them next.

Originally posted by pivotal
Great win. During the Aussie innings I was in a Delhi market but every second shop had it on TV so I was able to keep up with the score. Great to get back to my accomodation and watch the Packies crumble. Had to endure heaps of ads with the Indian cricketers in them during the breaks between overs - cant wait to beat them next.

what is the attmosphere like over there with the world cup on? i know those indians love their cricket.

Great start to the World Cup! 4 points on the board and we're off and running.

Shakey start by Gilchrist and Martyn, but they will get better with each game.

Outstanding innings by Symonds - proved me (and a lot of people here) wrong that he can stand up and be a match winner when its needed.

I'm suprised more hasn't been said about Waqar's beamers (I'll post up pictures on another thread soon) and was he reported by Shephard (who seemed to write something in his book)?

Originally posted by tiger of old
sadly in someway for harvey with the return of bevan and lehman and the good form of symonds with the bat harvey will have to give way.

cheers!

Bull, Hogg should make way.

Have McGrath, Gillespie, Lee, Harvey and Lehmann/Symonds bowl out the 50.

Line up should be:

Gilchrist
Hayden
Ponting
Martyn
Lehmann
Bevan
Symonds
Harvey
Lee
Gillespie
McGrath

Harvey is much more dangerous with the ball than Hogg is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back