[ICC Cricket World Cup 2003] - England vs India

Remove this Banner Ad

GoEagles

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 10, 2000
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Discuss the England vs India game on this thread.

This day/night game from Pool A will be coming from Durban, which has a large population of Indians. I expect this game to be a sell-out, if not already sold out.

England has impressed so far, although apart from Pakistan, haven't been fully tested yet. India on the other hand have started their World Cup campaign slowly, but now seem to be finding good form at the right time.

Tendulkar is on fire and unless Anderson gets him cheaply, I can see Smashin' Sachin kick-start India's innings yet again.

This will be a great gane tonight and will have a large bearing on whether or not both England and India can progress to the Super Six phase or the tournament.

Originally posted by nicko18

is it true this match is not being shown live by either foxtel or ch9?

i remember reading somewhere a NZ v Bangladesh game or something is being broadcast in preference to this one

Not quite correct. England v India is a day/night where as NZ is a day match. Foxtel are starting with one then crossing over when the other begins. So hopefully the Kiwis bat first.

it is correct however that channel 9 will not show the first two hours of Saturday's India v Pakistan game. fox sports 2 are showing the kenya v bangladesh game and therefore won't make up for channel 9's slack.

the sooner all sport moves to pay tv the better.

tendulkar is carving them up. im glad i stayed up to watch this. maybe i'll pull an allnighter if he keeps batting like this. his pull shot off caddick, i cant believe they found the ball. a massive blow.

Originally posted by GOALden Hawk
Can England still make it without beating Australia? I think they can, but I'm not sure.

for england to make it without beating Australia:
(and without predicting major upsets)

Zimbabwe defeat Holland
India defeat Pakistan
Australia defeat England
Pakistan defeat Zimbabwe

and England could get through on Net Run rate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah sorry, forgot about that.

India won't want to lose to Pakistan and lose 3 points going into the next round. Same applies to Australia against England. Both will be big games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back