[ICC Cricket World Cup 2003] - England vs Pakistan

Remove this Banner Ad

GoEagles

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 10, 2000
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Discuss the upcoming England vs Pakistan game here.

This day/night game on Saturday will be played in beautiful Cape Town which also hosted the opening game of the World Cup.

England have won 2/2 (with a forfeit against Zimbabwe) although this will be a true test of their One Day strength. Pakistan will be hoping that their opening round loss against Australia is behind them and that they can overcome England to press their claim in the Super Sixes.

I believe Pakistan will repeat their 1992 WC victory against England, but will win by more than 22 runs.

wish it wasn't a day night game, makes it tough to watch it all :(

england will improve, but will fall short.

As much as it pains me, I think England will win because I reckon its time for another Pakistan shocker of a match again.

Originally posted by EagleBlue
If you have Foxtel youre laughing. Go to bed early (when 1st innings ends on Ch9). Full replay on Fox from 8am in the morning. Thank god for Foxtel

i dont know if its just me, but i cant watch sport unless its live (or delayed a little bit) i can't watch replays even if i didnt see the original.

Originally posted by nicko18
i dont know if its just me, but i cant watch sport unless its live (or delayed a little bit) i can't watch replays even if i didnt see the original.

Same with me. Atleast you get to see the game live. Channel 9 have (like usual) given us in Perth a 3 hours delayed coverage.

And I really hope England can win tonight.

Originally posted by Kenny_01
Same with me. Atleast you get to see the game live. Channel 9 have (like usual) given us in Perth a 3 hours delayed coverage.

And I really hope England can win tonight.

you guys in perth get a raw deal. i didn't realise but when i went over there for a cricket carnival a few years ago, i realised how bad it was. from memory the day night match at the SCG was on a 3 hour delay.

This is a vital match for both England and Pakistan to win if they wish to make the super six phase of the tournament.

England haven't been all that convincing in their 2 wins so far. They managed to get the points against Holland and Namibia, but the forfeit against Zimbabwe means they cant really afford to lose another game. (besides the one to Australia)

Pakistan on the other hand have been up and down a little, losing to Australia and then thrashing Namibia the other day, bowling them out for just 84. Pakistan can mix it with the best teams in the world on their day, especially with their bowling attack of Akram, Shoaib, Waqar and Saqlain.

Should be a good match this one, could go either way.

Originally posted by JUBJUB
England 2/45 after 9
Threschotick & Knight out,Vaughan caught off a no-ball.

Time for Nasser Hussain to stand up and play a captain's innings in this game. England's strength has been in their openers, the middle order is going to have to bat well now.

5-150, 32 overs, lotsa allrounders there, need 1 more bat still(Hick anyone) Vaughn 52(64) is a good sign, he'll be number 1 batsmen in both games for England by end of this year.

shame Vaughan got out, he looked awesome got out to a good catch when Ahktar was brought back on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you go to bed at 3am (after 1st Innings ) and get up at 11:30am next day (for those that dont have kids !!!!!) as far as I am concerned it IS live. Better than falling asleep on the lounge and waking up every half hour for a score update, (although in this case the first half hour gave the result away)

you guys in perth get a raw deal. i didn't realise but when i went over there for a cricket carnival a few years ago, i realised how bad it was. from memory the day night match at the SCG was on a 3 hour delay.

No we in Melbourne get the raw deal (in the VB series). Other states only have to get between 20-35000 to have a ODI live. We in Melbourne have to get a sell-out (close to 80000 even now) Yet we got the Vic V NSW ING cup game LIVE ALL DAY a couple of weeks ago. WTF is going on !!!!!!

Originally posted by lufc618
Well done England..Brilliant win in the end..Very impressed with Jimmy Anderson.

Yep , a quality bowler, him, Jones, Harmison,(not in ODI though !!!!) will be quite a handful. As I said, the poms will beat SAF later this year, (thats if the big-headed wannaby soft****s go there) They are not a bad side, were no worse in Aus this summer than SAF were (with a full strength side) last summer.

Pakistan they are *****D. Individual champions, no teamwork/spirit)

Pakistan can't afford to lose another game from now on if they are to make the super six stage of the tournament after this ordinary performance.

The Pakistan vs India game will be very interesting...

but the Zimbabwe vs Pakistan game (last game in Pool A) could decide if Pakistan go though.

i'm usually the first to bag England, but I just wanted to say congrats to the poms for a fantastic all round effort. that collingwood can play a bit, i loved his ton v sri lanka in the summer. i'm thinking maybe i shouldn't be so quick to dismiss england's chances of super six qualification.

i still think that england have the nucleus of a decent team, still a bit of work to be done. the first thing is to never pick irani again. do that, and the future could well be promising.

oh, and just like the english football team struggle to do: "Replace your 40yo keeper".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back