ICC CricSim League

Remove this Banner Ad

Due to covid-19, we’ve seen a halt in international cricket tournaments and some domestic tournaments. The Trans-Tasman series had to be cancelled, while other games are being postponed, and the IPL is set to be cut in half.

So with no International cricket on the horizon, what better way to fill the gap with of international cricket with CricSim. This concept would see all international ICC fixtures on the FTP simmed through text based sims for Test, ODI, and T20 games.

As part of the fun, I’d need help with team selection and a maybe one one to co-sim the games with me. So please post below, if you wish to manage one of the national teams (it can be done individually, pairs, or in small groups). The national sides needed are Afghanistan, Australia, Bangladesh, England, India, Ireland, Netherlands, New Zealand, Pakistan, South Africa, Sri Lanka, West Indies, and Zimbabwe as they all feature on the FTP.

I would work through each series one-by-one, as they come up in the fixture, selection committees will need to come up with squads, and then pick their XI for that the matches concerned.

I will post a fixture as we go, but will start with completing the Australia v New Zealand series , before moving to other to tours and looking towards the future. I’d also be looking at doing the Asia XI v World XI series and the T20WC. Depending on the interest, I might consider the Australian domestic tournaments when they come around.

I will also get to posting primilary national squads, using information from Wikipedia and cricinfo regarding player averages, as a guide for team managers. Player averages will also be considered.

So, let’s have at it.

🇦🇫 Afghanistan - big_e
🇦🇺 Australia - Torz
🇧🇩 Bangladesh - corbies
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 England - Chipmunk
🇮🇳 India - james brayshaw
🇮🇪 Ireland - SarahSmiles
🇳🇱 Netherlands - The Speaker
🇳🇿 New Zealand - eth-dog
🇵🇰 Pakistan - JewzalenkoUBeeutee
🇿🇦 South Africa - iluvparis
🇱🇰 Sri Lanka - samFFC
win West Indies - Dinsdale
🇿🇼 Zimbabwe - JackBero

How this will work:
As the series or tournament comes up, team managers will be requested to pick their squad of up to 18 players (sim restrictions). They can only use these players from the entirety of series. If Wikipedia or cricinfo already show a squad for that series, that squad must be used (eg, Aus v NZ or AXI v WXI).
If you are looking for a player that is not listed, or that is not listed in required format, please let me know and I can add them to the list.

Prior to the commencement of the game, team mangers must pick their XI for each game. It must include at least two bowlers, and a Keeper must be nominated (multiple keepers can be named, only one must be nominated as keeper for the game). Please number your XI (this makes it that little bit easier for me to edit Thor list on the sim) And the home team in the game must pick the pitch type (the options are different in the T20 sim to the Test/ODI sim)

I will only be posting the scorecard from each, as the commentary is very long and will clog up the thread.
Statistics will be collected and posted at the end of each series.
And any game that features in the World Test Championship or the World Cup Super League will be be added their respective ladders

Test and ODI Pitch Types: Batting Normal Bowling Randon
T20 Pitch Types: Hard Uneven Sticky Flat Slow Dusty Green

FIXTURE:
Rich (BB code):
HOME TEAM      AWAY TEAM      TEST    ODI    T20I

India          South Africa    3-0    1-1     1-1
ODI2 | ODI3
STATS

Australia      New Zealand     3-0    2-1      -
ODI2 | ODI3
STATS

Pakistan       Bangladesh      2-0    0-1     2-0
Test2 | ODI
STATS

Asia XI        World XI         -      -      1-1
T20I1 | T20I2
STATS

Sri Lanka      England         0-2     -       -
Test1 | Test2
STATS

New Zealand    Australia        -      -      1-2
T20I1 | T20I2 | T20I3
STATS

Namibia        Netherlands      -      2      3-1
ODI1 | ODI2 | T20I1 | T20I2
T20I3 | T20I4

Zimbabwe       Ireland          -      3       3
ODI1 | ODI2 | ODI3 | T20I1
T20I2 | T20I3

Ireland        Bangladesh       -      3       4
ODI1 | ODI2 | ODI3 | T20I1
T20I2 | T20I3 | T20I4

England        West Indies      3      -       -
Test1 | Test2 | Test3

Scotland       New Zealand      -      1       1
ODI1 | T20I1

2020Home TeamAway TeamTestODIT20I
JuneBangladeshAustralia 2
JuneNetherlandsNew Zealand 1
JuneIrelandNew Zealand 3 3
JuneScotlandAustralia 1
JuneSri LankaSouth Africa 3 3
JuneSri LankaIndia 3 3
JulyEnglandAustralia 3 3
JulyNetherlandsPakistan 3
JulyWest IndiesNew Zealand 3 3
JulyIrelandPakistan 2
JulyWest IndiesSouth Africa 2 5
JulyEnglandPakistan 3 3
JulySri LankaBangladesh 3
JulyNetherlandsWest Indies 3
AugustPakistanIndia13
Asia CupAfghanistanSri Lanka
BangladeshZimbabwe*
AugustAustraliaZimbabwe 3
AugustBangladeshNew Zealand 2
AugustZimbabweIndia 3
SeptemberZimbabweNetherlands 3
SeptemberEnglandIreland 3
SeptemberIndiaEngland 5 3 3
OctoberAustraliaIndia 4 3 3
OctoberSouth AfricaPakistan 3 3
OctoberSri LankaZimbabwe 3 2
OctoberNew ZealandBangladesh 3
OctoberWest IndiesAfghanistan 33
T20 WCPakistanEngland
AustraliaIndia
New ZealandSouth Africa
Sri LankaBangladesh
IrelandNetherlands
NovemberPakistanZimbabwe 3 3
DecemberNew ZealandPakistan 2 3
DecemberBangladeshSri Lanka 3

Last edited:
Wtf I wanted to manage Scotland! Ah well, I'll go with Ireland instead please akkaps (maybe tag some BBFCL posters in here)

PLAYER list
Note:
after every series, the player rating change, depending on performance, so this will be updated regularly.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vS5Yi8D_r972-Fppl68yULbc21-gOe43i-D8Cha4cIPiMKPMQh6ulkVgbII2WYpXipzUubY8FOMsklu/pubhtml?gid=1774531974&single=true

Last edited:
Wtf I wanted to manage Scotland! Ah well, I'll go with Ireland instead please akkaps (maybe tag some BBFCL posters in here)
I’m handling the minnow sides, as they rarely play the big nations, of which we be focusing on.
Though we might see something happen for the T20WC qualifiers.

Last edited:
Is England better than West Indies in this world? Or is the sim random?
It is not completely random, players rating will be a mixture of career average, recent average, and a base average depending on the type of player they are.
So, for the short answer, England are better in the two longer forms, West Indies in T20s.

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, Cronulla
It is not completely random, players rating will be a mixture of career average, recent average, and a base average depending on the type of player they are.
So, for the short answer, England are better in the two longer forms, West Indies in T20s.
Harsh considering England are 3rd in the World in T20s and the Windies are 10th :D

Oh and I'll take the Bangladesh boys akkaps (although I'll take Sri Lanka if someone else really wants Bangladesh).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harsh considering England are 3rd in the World in T20s and the Windies are 10th :D

Oh and I'll take the Bangladesh boys akkaps (although I'll take Sri Lanka if someone else really wants Bangladesh).
I'm still tinkering with the stats and formulas, to get a realistic balance. The issue with the T20 sim is that is works on ratings rather than averages, so the formula changes to calculate the end number.

I guess West Indies are the current T20 World Champions (I was in Australia for that final over v England...wow)

I guess West Indies are the current T20 World Champions (I was in Australia for that final over v England...wow)

I’ll take England then. I look forward to losing against Ireland...again.

The 2019 Fixture is up, with the order in which we'll run the games, and the approximate month that we'll complete the games.

Also, preliminary squads are up. Here's is how to read the information:
Rich (BB code):
 nat   s/n   player          age   bat             bowl                       role            Test         ODI          T20I
                                                                                           Bat   Bowl   Bat   Bowl   Bat   Bowl   note
nat - country
s/n - shirt number
player
age - as off a couple of days ago
bat - left or right
bowl - the bowling action, in relation to how it would feature in the sim
role - determined through a combination of wikipedia and cricinfo as sources
Bat/Bowl - the rating for players, determined as a conbination of the players' career average, 2019 average, and the number associated with their role
For the Test and ODI sim, higher Bat and lower Bowl numbers are ideal, whereas the T20 sim has higher numbers for both bat and ball being better
There are only numbers for the format in which they usually selected in, if you want numbers or other players that can also be sorted.

Just for the record, Sielaar plays as an all-rounder. Much like John Emburey, his batting has gotten better over time.
He was listed as a Bowler on wikipedia, I went off that. If I do change him to an allrounder, he's bowling stats will go take a hit to compensate for his increased batting ability.
Also Blundell is a keeper
I have no issue if you want to play Blundell as your keeper. KL Rahul is in the same boat, listed as Pure Bat, but has started the year off playing as Keeper in Pant's absence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back