[ICC WC 2003 - Semi Finals] - Australia vs Sri Lanka

Remove this Banner Ad

Now for number 17 and the World Cup, just gotta get past those Indians, the same bastards who ended our 16 run test wins.

I would like to see all our bowlers have an over each in the last few overs, make those statisticians work a little harder.

****ed off when Gilly walked, i mean 10% of the time a bowling side will appeal for an LBW or a caught behind and the batsmen has to walk when the umpire gives him out when he isn't out but then when it's in reverse and the batsmen doesn't walk it is called bad sportmanship.
But an umpire who controls all these decisions and tonight it finally benefited the batsmen and the batsmen has to walk to save face is a thing in cricket I don't understand, whatever happened to benefit of the doubt to the batsman? It seems excessive appeals and false wickets win over in this one.
Just look at Bevan given out for a duck, not out and given out, then Gilly out but not given out but still ends up being out because of sportmanship, why isn't it bad sportmanship appealling then? :confused:

Muralichuckadurin opened his trap before the game saying how the Sri Lankans would win.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

He can now join the likes of Shuan Pollock & Chris Cairns in the FOOT IN MOUTH CLUB .

Did anyone else notice Tony Greig start pumping up India when Sri Lanka were about 6/70 ? He was raving on and on about them.
He also start talking about the Man Of The Tournament,saying that Chaminda Vass would probably pick up three votes from this game.Then someone must've pointed out that Symonds made 91*.

Originally posted by JUBJUB
Bichel is the Irish Scott Muller.

Can bat,can bowl,can throw.

Ahhh Gold my friend GOLD.

SKC :)

Originally posted by understudy
Another farcical cricket game.

We have been robbed.

Cricket nerds get ur calculators out and invent a result.

Good one.

[formerly vitriolic diatribe aimed at loser]

Another farcical cricket game.

We have been robbed.

Cricket nerds get ur calculators out and invent a result.

Good one.

Yeah your right...Sri Lanka at 7/123 were home....specially with super bats Murali and Gunawartne to come.

I know you are probably just trying to stir but seriously....try the britney spears website instead...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice win for the aussies.

I always thought that if australia got anything over 200 on that pitch with there great bowlers that they had a mighty chance. With out the rain australia would have won easy. SL wouldn't have made 200 thats for sure,

Now to the final against India or Kenya. Its going to be great!

Great name which was ruined from the rain. Sri Lanka looked out of it, but it still would have been nice to see the full outcome.

Symonds had another excellent knock - he's booked himself a spot in the World Cup final. Do the selectors take a punt on Martyn being ready or do they stick with Harvey?

Loved Tubby Taylors quote too "Andy Bichel has just won the game for the Australians"

Originally posted by GoEagles
Do the selectors take a punt on Martyn being ready or do they stick with Harvey?

Surely playing Martyn would be a massive risk for both him and the team. He would obviously going into the game not fit and no doubt the Indians/Kenyans would target his gloves in the hope of doing further damage to his finger, which could rule him out of the tour of the Windies, something which could be have avoided.

By not playing him, it will ensure he is fit for the Caribbean tour. We could need Harvey's as a bowler and even though Martyn can bowl, Harvey is the better bowler so we don't really miss out there. But Martyn is the better batsman.

It's a tricky one.

Yeah its a tough decision but I think they should play him.

I think it would be very disappointing for him if he didn;t play and anyhow he could have no hands and he could play better than Harvey.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back