[ICC WC 2003 - Semi Finals] - Australia vs Sri Lanka

Remove this Banner Ad

Great innings Symonds!

SL are inconsistent, if they get off to a flying start it's curtains for us i'd reckon.

We have some brilliant bowlers & should win.

the Av 2nd innings score here is 180 but that includes run-chases under lights as well. Even money for mine.

Tense finish i'm tipping, just like our last two WC semi's :rolleyes:

If we do lose, it shall be interesting to see who becomes the scapegoat this time round, my money is on Matthew Hayden.

I still think we'll win, barr for a Jayasuria century.

Fingers crossed Lee can get it in the right spot, because if he doesn't, he'll give up an awful lot of runs.

I reckon Bichel is the man for the new ball on this slower wicket. I think Bichel and Harvey will play a bigger role than Lee.. until it gets to the tail of the innings when Lee should be in his element.

Ah, Hogg just dropped a relative sitter.

Thankfully Binger made Attapatu look silly on the next ball.

Come ON aussies!

This would just be shocking if they lose this one because they have won all there others.

the score is now 1/34 after 7 overs,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dismissing Jayasuria is a big advantage for us. He was looking deadly at times. Once we get De Silva out, we are flying.

Bichel - you bewdy - ran out aravinda off his own bowling!! - think it it was his first ball - should play all his matches on this ground! -talk about the midas touch :D :D

5/51

Originally posted by Frosties_Flank
Vaas was getting the ball to move.

If anything I don't think Lee will/should play an important part.

I take those comments back! :p

The little Lankans are self destructing! :D :D

YOU BLOODY BEAUTY!! HOGG!

Hogg gets the prize of Jayawardene. Shocking tour for the guy who's obviously talented from all reports.

I wish Channel 9 would fix their footage...:mad:

I hope Andrew Bichel gets the props he deserves because he has been the backbone of our side during this tournament.

His bowling figures are outstanding, his fielding is damn solid, and he has contributed more with the bat then a few of the genuine batsman.

It's testament to our strength that our bowling can be so imposing despite not having Dizzy and the best spinner the world has ever seen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back