[ICC WC 2003 - Semi Finals] - India vs Kenya

Remove this Banner Ad

GoEagles

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 10, 2000
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Discuss the 2nd Semi Final of the 2003 Cricket World Cup between India and Kenya on this thread!

This day/night game will be played from Durban. The winner will go into Sundays final between the winner of Australia and Sri Lanka.

How good would it be if Kenya won this one.

But I dont think that it is likely although when they last played India just won with about 15 balls to spare.

If Sachin fires then India should win. But Kenya have nothing to lose.

1 Ken 265/5 50 v Ind in Ind 1997/98 at Gwalior (d/n) [1336]
2 Ind 196 47.1

1 Ken 246/6 50 v Ind in SA 2001/02 at Port Elizabeth (d/n) [1761]
2 Ind 176 46.4

any takers for an addition to this list?

It would be brilliant if Kenya beat the Indians. Im in India right now, everyone here is already talking about the India v Australia final as if its a fait accompli. Whatsmore they all think the Aussies will lose to the Indians. Great to shut them all up early!

GO KENYA FOR SURE!!

I want them to get into the final but not beat the aussies because that would be embarrassing for them.

I dont think that India will beat the aussies. Get Sachin out for a low score and there batting is like Sri Lanka's.

Australia will win the whole thing in my opinion but I dont count India out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting. I read in the TV Guide that the Game will be shown from 8.30pm in Perth. Does this mean they wont be showing the Footy Show at all in Perth this week?

Originally posted by GoEagles
Interesting. I read in the TV Guide that the Game will be shown from 8.30pm in Perth. Does this mean they wont be showing the Footy Show at all in Perth this week?

As much as I love the cricket, I'd rather watch the footy show then watch this game delayed. If Australia were playing, then they would best want to put it at 8.30!! But since it's only India and Kenya, I think they'll put the Footy Show on because it will draw a lot bigger audience.

And in regards to the game...

On one hand I want to Kenya to win because they are the underdogs and I am sick of the Indian supporters thinking their side is the best.

On the other hand, I want India to win so it's a more competitive and interesting final and we can kick their asses then.

Originally posted by pivotal
It would be brilliant if Kenya beat the Indians. Im in India right now, everyone here is already talking about the India v Australia final as if its a fait accompli.

Well obviously. They didn't live through the 1999 AFL finals series!

Originally posted by pivotal
It would be brilliant if Kenya beat the Indians. Im in India right now, everyone here is already talking about the India v Australia final as if its a fait accompli. Whatsmore they all think the Aussies will lose to the Indians. Great to shut them all up early!
Perhaps the Indians are all Collingwood supporters.... :eek:

I would love to see Kenya win but i think that is highly unlikeable but it would be brillian for them to win but then again if India win it would be a cracker of a world cup final.

2/196 off 41.2 overs
Sachin out for 83 off of 101 balls
Ganguly has hit his straps with 61 off 81 after a very slow start.
I predict a score of 281 for India.

India all out for 270

Ganguly 111 Not Out
Tendulkar 83

Kenya all out for 179

Tikolo 56

Z.Khan 3/14

INDIA ARE THROUGH TO THE FINAL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back