[ICC WC 2003 - Super Sixes] - India vs Kenya

Remove this Banner Ad

GoEagles

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 10, 2000
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Discuss the Super Six finals game between India and Kenya on this thread. This day/night game will be played in Cape Town.

On Saturday 8th February when the nations of the World Cup were walking onto Cape Town during the Opening Ceremony, nobody would have imagined that nearly a month later, Kenya not only have qualified for the Super Six stage, but to have been ranked 2nd in Pool B and be preparing for a battle against India.

Kenya have suprised everyone and must be very excited to be playing a finals series against the test playing nations.

India has showed that in this World Cup, they are serious and were not there to give sub standard performances. A little credit may be directed to Sachin Tendulkar who has showed yet again why he is currently the world best batsman.

India will be hoping that an injury scare to Virender Sehwag is just that - a scare, and that he will be ready to open the batting.

Sehwag has yet to find his best form at the World Cup, averaging 19 in six innings, although his strike rate has been an impressive 96.61, almost a run a ball. Who can forget the performance against Pakistan - putting on 53 for the opening wicket with Tendulkar off 5.4 overs.

Originally posted by kretchy
Do Kenya only need a washed out game to secure a spot in the semi-finals?
Probably will be enough. eg. say NZ win 2 games & they are equal on 12pts then Kenya go through on head-to-head I believe. ie. NZ would then need to win 3/3 super 6 games to leap-frog Keny which would be a difficult task.

India should be able to beat Kenya in this match and all but secure themselves a spot in the semi finals.

It's important for not only Kenya's sake that they put up a good showing tonight, but also for the credibility of the tournament.

From what I've been reading over the last few days, there have been a lot of people saying that the WC has been compromised by having Zimbabwe and Kenya in the Super Six stage when other supposedly better credentialed teams should be there.

I disagree with this - with the possible exception of the Windies, all the Test nations that missed out deserved to because they simply weren't good enough. For all of South Africa's whining, the facts are their record against other Test nations was inferior to Kenya's.

And the West Indies had their chances too if they had been good enough - their lineups were stacked with batting talent but they weren't good enough to reach gettable totals against Sri Lanka and New Zealand.

While everything points to a comprehensive Indian victory, for the sake of the tournament I hope it's a good game.

Originally posted by Kenny_01
Kenya did alright reaching 225/6. Now let's see how their bowlers go. Go Kenya!

Thought they would struggle to get that score at one stage - their RR was very slow.

Would love to see them chase it, but I think India will easily overtake it.

AMAZING,

The Kenyans are alive out there, they have the Indians 2 for 11 just claiming the prize scalp of Tendulkar.
Go the Kenyans, will this be the biggest upset of cricketing history?????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't ya love those Kenyan orthodox throwing actions, it's like they are chucking spears.
Im in for the late one, gotta watch this piece of history if it happens.

Originally posted by Catman
And to think Bangladesh got Test status ahead of them.

What were the ICC thinking?

I think that will be changed, and for all the critics saying it's a farce they are there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back