ICC World T20 2020 (Including Qualifiers)

Cochblocked

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2012
Geelong
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Is that right? 2018?
That's what i saw from twitter. The ICC really haven't given much details about what the exact detail are but 2018 seems to be the cut off year. Could be wrong though
After doing some more investigating it's 100% 2018. if you go to around 15:25 of that video they outline the format. Also states there will be a qualifier in 2019 for the teams outside the top 10.

Richard Pryor

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The twenty twenty twenty twenty World Cup?

In seriousness, hopefully this gets our selectors to take T20I selection a little more seriously. While the International format is much less entertaining than the leagues selecting B-teams with players like Nathan Reardon doesn't help.

Scotland

TheBrownDog
May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Decisions like these don't get to be made just so you can "mix it up" for the sake of it.

Don't get me wrong would love to see Perth get the opportunity to host an event like a QF or semi of the T20 World Cup but there is a lot of lobbying, politics, legacy deals and economics involved that must stack up for CA to go elsewhere.
Shit lobbying from WA govt/Perth Stadium operator.

It's brand new and the second biggest cricket ground in the country. Given it's the ICC World T20 and not an actual important tournament Perth should be hosting the final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marklar_33

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 23, 2005
Tas
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
D'Backs, Hurricanes
That's what i saw from twitter. The ICC really haven't given much details about what the exact detail are but 2018 seems to be the cut off year. Could be wrong though
Oh I’m not surprised by the ICC pulling a shit call like that. You don’t need to close qualification so early, just a shit call...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Westend

Club Legend
Mar 28, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast

corbies

Spec Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Newcastle
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, WHam, Cronulla
https://www.news.com.au/sport/cricket/big-bash/changes-demanded-from-the-big-bash-as-competition-grows-stale/news-story/32a5d7cf8b31902e9eeb77fcef98d86a

Interesting article regarding the Big bash ....might deserve its own thread but I thought with the world T20 its is relevant

IMO ...there are too many games 59 plus along with tests ODI all in the same time period......overkill crowds get bored and will not go
I don't really see the relevance to the T20 World Cup?

Top Bottom