T20I 2022 Mens T20 World Cup (in Australia, postponed from 2020)

What T20 World Cup games will you attend?

• Perth ENG vs AFG

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hobart GA1 vs GB2

• Hobart Double Header - BAN vs GA2, RSA vs GB2

• Perth PAK vs GB1

• GABBA BAN vs GB1

• AO Double Header (1) GB1 vs GA2, IND vs BAN

• AO Double Header (3) RSA vs GA2, PAK vs BAN

• MCG IND vs GB1

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You were keen for it back in 2015.

I stand by that statement- I'm more likely to to to a t20 WC than a 50 over one. I still would rather a test series over either. I really struggle to watch the whole of a 50 over game.

Maybe so but given the choice I'd rather have India over for a test series than some t20WC.

Financially the T20 WC would be a lot more lucrative and given Australia has only had 2 world cricket tournaments in history yet India tour every two years, I know which I’d prefer.

I stand by that statement- I'm more likely to to to a t20 WC than a 50 over one. I still would rather a test series over either. I really struggle to watch the whole of a 50 over game.

But then in 2019 T20I were easily your least cared about cricket?

Agreed. By far and away my least cared type of cricket. Watch it if nothing else is on but couldn't care less if we lose.

But then in 2019 T20I were easily your least cared about cricket?

I'll watch anything if it's on but but top3 are easily test cricket, BBL, IPL. International T20 and ODI's aren't really hight up on my must watch lists. I'll watch us bat, and maybe watch a bowler or two I like but I rarely force myself to watch either. However in terms of going to a game I'm more likely to go to an International t20 game as it's not a whole day for starters, and I can take my brother or someone else. If I want to go to a whole day of cricket, I'd go to a test match, most of my great memories have been watching test cricket, not any other form really.

The way I see the pattern for 50 over World Cups, it’s Sub Continent every 12 years, England and Australia get one of the ones in between, and the remainder share the scraps. Although since 2007, it’s been all Big 3 and there’s no sign that will change

Unbelievable, isn't it.

Yep, realistically Australia should be hosting every 4th WC.

England
India/Pakistan/Bangladesh/Sri Lanka
South Africa or West Indies
Australia/NZ

Repeat.

Any tournament in this part of the world would probably be shared with NZ as they wouldn't be likely to host alone.

But instead they slot India in for every 2nd tournament

England
Australia/NZ

Repeat.

Any tournament in this part of the world would probably be shared with NZ as they wouldn't be likely to host alone.

There are some countries near England that would be pretty happy to take their spot from time to time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

England
Australia/NZ

Repeat.

now it's more like:
England
India
Pakistan/Bangladesh/Sri Lanka
Australia/NZ

now it's more like:
England
India
Australia/NZ

Except, of course, that Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka have no connection without India. Furthermore, Pakistan aren't going to be hosting for a long time. Sri Lanka and Bangladesh have hosted them on their own.

now it's more like:
England
India
Australia/NZ

Since it left England we’ve had
India/Pakistan
Australia
Sri Lanka
England
South Africa
West Indies
India/Sri Lanka/Bangladesh
Australia
England
India

Meanwhile the World T20 has had last 3 in
Sri Lanka
Bangladesh
India
and if this years is cancelled, next one will also be in India.

It will mean since 2010 there will be 8 cricket world tournaments and 6 in the sub continent

Since it left England we’ve had
India/Pakistan
Australia
Sri Lanka
England
South Africa
West Indies
India/Sri Lanka/Bangladesh
Australia
England
India

Meanwhile the World T20 has had last 3 in
Sri Lanka
Bangladesh
India
and if this years is cancelled, next one will also be in India.

It will mean since 2010 there will be 8 cricket world tournaments and 6 in the sub continent

1992 was Aus/NZ, 1996 was India/Pakistan/Sri Lanka, 1999 was England/Scotland/Ireland/Netherlands, 2003 was South Africa/Zimbabwe/Kenya, 2015 was Aus/NZ.

Quite noticeable that there has been a significant drop-off of co-hosting since the 90s, in favour of bigger nations doing everything.

sounds like quite a few flawed scenarios caused by ICC greed.

*ICC member greed. The holding of two T20 World Cups in two years and the kerfuffle over India and taxation were both caused by the Big Three carving everything up for their own apparent benefit without thinking about the ramifications.

So, if it s a"postponed" tournament do the qualified teams for 2020 go in, or the rankings get used as was planned for 2021 qualification?
If 2020 is cancelled, its clear enough 2021 system is used; but if its a postponed 2020 tournament held in 2021 (especially on or after when the 2021 tournament was due) which rules apply?

So, if it s a"postponed" tournament do the qualified teams for 2020 go in, or the rankings get used as was planned for 2021 qualification?
If 2020 is cancelled, its clear enough 2021 system is used; but if its a postponed 2020 tournament held in 2021 (especially on or after when the 2021 tournament was due) which rules apply?
I hope, and believe it’s right that, the same teams participate and the current qualifying moves to a 2022 event. I’d be very annoyed if the 6 qualifiers are robbed of their rightful chance to participate, especially following the debacle of the 50 over World Cup now

I hope, and believe it’s right that, the same teams participate and the current qualifying moves to a 2022 event. I’d be very annoyed if the 6 qualifiers are robbed of their rightful chance to participate, especially following the debacle of the 50 over World Cup now
I would presume so for a "postponed" tournament, but don't know.
And the planned 2021 version could go in place of the Asian Cup in 2022 (or reality could hit, and too many world cups of one format might be considered too many).

Back