T20I 2022 Mens T20 World Cup (in Australia, postponed from 2020)

What T20 World Cup games will you attend?

• Perth ENG vs AFG

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hobart GA1 vs GB2

• Hobart Double Header - BAN vs GA2, RSA vs GB2

• Perth PAK vs GB1

• GABBA BAN vs GB1

• AO Double Header (1) GB1 vs GA2, IND vs BAN

• AO Double Header (3) RSA vs GA2, PAK vs BAN

• MCG IND vs GB1

• Total voters
gabba to get shafted again
waca-ground-1.jpg

Plz.

gabba to get shafted again
I feel your pain, Perth got shafted too! Australia vs . Afghanistan, woohoo (even worse than your Australia v. Bangladesh match) and no final just like the Gabba. The only game worth attending (India v. West Indies) is on a friday rather than on the weekend too :/ (but I'm still going!). Given NZ won't be co-hosting the 2020 tournament I'm sure Brisbane will get a final. I just hope that it's at the expense of Adelaide or Melbourne (both of whom did very well this time) rather than us again.

Oct 16, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
I feel your pain, Perth got shafted too! Australia vs . Afghanistan, woohoo (even worse than your Australia v. Bangladesh match) and no final just like the Gabba. The only game worth attending (India v. West Indies) is on a friday rather than on the weekend too :/ (but I'm still going!). Given NZ won't be co-hosting the 2020 tournament I'm sure Brisbane will get a final. I just hope that it's at the expense of Adelaide or Melbourne (both of whom did very well this time) rather than us again.

New Zealand and Australia shouldn't have been in the same group, therefore giving an extra city to host a big match.
Obviously Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide were going to be the most beneficial, all have much better stadiums.
However when Perth get the new stadium they should take over from Sydney. I would say host the semi.
SCG ain't that great and the local fans not as passionate. Just a rich history of ex and current players who have a big say.
Not sure why you would take aim at Melbourne or Adelaide's new venue/passion for the game.

New Zealand and Australia shouldn't have been in the same group, therefore giving an extra city to host a big match.
Obviously Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide were going to be the most beneficial, all have much better stadiums.
However when Perth get the new stadium they should take over from Sydney. I would say host the semi.
SCG ain't that great and the local fans not as passionate. Just a rich history of ex and current players who have a big say.
Not sure why you would take aim at Melbourne or Adelaide's new venue/passion for the game.
The groups were based on rankings at the time , but I don't mind that they're in the same group -slightly reduces the chances of them meeting in the finals. I think it's unfair that Melbourne got both a quarter and the final , and that Adelaide got the Australian quarter as well as a group stage blockbuster . I agree the new perth stadium should take it (easily) ahead of the SCG and even just ahead of AO too on capacity . Wonder why they don't reconfigure ANZ for blockbuster cricket games

NZ not co-hosting would free up a quarter (which should go to Brisbane) and a semi (which should go to Perth ) IF they do things fairly . It will also free up a heap of group stage matches .

Oct 16, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
The groups were based on rankings at the time , but I don't mind that they're in the same group -slightly reduces the chances of them meeting in the finals. I think it's unfair that Melbourne got both a quarter and the final , and that Adelaide got the Australian quarter as well as a group stage blockbuster . I agree the new perth stadium should take it (easily) ahead of the SCG and even just ahead of AO too on capacity . Wonder why they don't reconfigure ANZ for blockbuster cricket games

I agree that Perth and Brisbane have been under utilised. I think Adelaide have got the right mix so don't think you should argue against them.
Sydney have been handed too much imo, take away their QF.
ANZ is an interesting one, being a dungheap could be the issue?

I agree that Perth and Brisbane have been under utilised. I think Adelaide have got the right mix so don't think you should argue against them.
Sydney have been handed too much imo, take away their QF.
ANZ is an interesting one, being a dungheap could be the issue?
Oh I'd happily take away Sydney's QF (or even give Sydney's Semi to Adelaide , and let Brisbane have Adelaide's QF) , but since the next world cup will free up an extra QF and SF, I'd be annoyed if Adelaide got a second final or Melbourne a 3rd final at the expense of Perth and Brisbane , especially after we get our new stadium.

Not using ANZ (when it has been used for T20 in the past ) just shows that it's not about capacity . So Gabba or the WACA should have been used instead of the SCG.

Say what you will about one off international T20's, but the World Cup is great.
I agree. It's probably the only T20 I want to see at International level.

Yep, at least it's meaningful. But of luck it's 16+ teams. I'm going to go ballsy and call for 20. 4 groups of 5. This way, makes it harder for an Associate to sneak through and ruin India's exposure (Gotta think in TV $$$ terms here!!!)

Right now that would make the groups look something like this

Sri Lanka
England
Ireland
Hong Kong
UAE

India
New Zealand
Bangladesh
Nepal
PNG

Pakistan
West Indies
Netherlands
Scotland
Namibia

Australia
South Africa
Afghanistan
Zimbabwe
Kenya

Associates get 4 games exposure, but likely need 3 wins to progress

dashing_man

Debutant
Nov 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Honestly I would only like countries like Australia and England to hold mega events because they are the real home of cricket

Ps: UAE ain't a bad choice either as the contest will be fair to everyone there

Sent from my Nokia_XL using Tapatalk

Back