T20I 2022 Mens T20 World Cup (in Australia, postponed from 2020)

What T20 World Cup games will you attend?

• Perth ENG vs AFG

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hobart GA1 vs GB2

• Hobart Double Header - BAN vs GA2, RSA vs GB2

• Perth PAK vs GB1

• GABBA BAN vs GB1

• AO Double Header (1) GB1 vs GA2, IND vs BAN

• AO Double Header (3) RSA vs GA2, PAK vs BAN

• MCG IND vs GB1

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Is that right? 2018?
That's what i saw from twitter. The ICC really haven't given much details about what the exact detail are but 2018 seems to be the cut off year. Could be wrong though
After doing some more investigating it's 100% 2018.
if you go to around 15:25 of that video they outline the format. Also states there will be a qualifier in 2019 for the teams outside the top 10.

The twenty twenty twenty twenty World Cup?

In seriousness, hopefully this gets our selectors to take T20I selection a little more seriously. While the International format is much less entertaining than the leagues selecting B-teams with players like Nathan Reardon doesn't help.

Decisions like these don't get to be made just so you can "mix it up" for the sake of it.

Don't get me wrong would love to see Perth get the opportunity to host an event like a QF or semi of the T20 World Cup but there is a lot of lobbying, politics, legacy deals and economics involved that must stack up for CA to go elsewhere.

s**t lobbying from WA govt/Perth Stadium operator.

It's brand new and the second biggest cricket ground in the country. Given it's the ICC World T20 and not an actual important tournament Perth should be hosting the final.

That's what i saw from twitter. The ICC really haven't given much details about what the exact detail are but 2018 seems to be the cut off year. Could be wrong though

Oh I’m not surprised by the ICC pulling a s**t call like that. You don’t need to close qualification so early, just a s**t call...

The question can now be asked, why is there a t20 World Cup being held in both 2020 and 2021?

None for 4 years then 2 in 2 years. Any other sport that's a shock but par for the course in cricket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've never seen the relevance for international 20/20 myself .

Agreed. By far and away my least cared type of cricket. Watch it if nothing else is on but couldn't care less if we lose.

60k stadium in Perth, yet the SCG still gets a semi final

Probably mainly to do with timezones. Put it in an hour where most of the country are similar. Probably a choice between Adelaide and Perth.

Back