T20I 2022 Mens T20 World Cup (in Australia, postponed from 2020)

What T20 World Cup games will you attend?

• Perth ENG vs AFG

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hobart GA1 vs GB2

• Hobart Double Header - BAN vs GA2, RSA vs GB2

• Perth PAK vs GB1

• GABBA BAN vs GB1

• AO Double Header (1) GB1 vs GA2, IND vs BAN

• AO Double Header (3) RSA vs GA2, PAK vs BAN

• MCG IND vs GB1

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably mainly to do with timezones. Put it in an hour where most of the country are similar. Probably a choice between Adelaide and Perth.

Pretty insular reason for a world tournament

Perth’s time zone by far an away suit the biggest markets of India and England

But... reasons

Yes its is very disappointing that a final is not going to be played in Perth

A lot of people are saying its Crickets Australia's fault and typical east coast bias...but it could be something else

A certain Big nation not wanting to play on one of the fastest decks in the world ????...they whinged in the test series and got there way with no game at Brissie....perhaps they are whingeing again?

Yes its is very disappointing that a final is not going to be played in Perth

A lot of people are saying its Crickets Australia's fault and typical east coast bias...but it could be something else

A certain Big nation not wanting to play on one of the fastest decks in the world ????...they whinged in the test series and got there way with no game at Brissie....perhaps they are whingeing again?

Nice try, but no they didn’t. Adelaide and Perth both beat Brisbane with their bids to host India.

Do some f***ing research instead of buying into the myth.

Nice try, but no they didn’t. Adelaide and Perth both beat Brisbane with their bids to host India.

Do some f***ing research instead of buying into the myth.

Which is beyond stupid. Hopefully CA were slapped repeatedly after that dumb decision. It didn’t cost us but why we start in Adelaide is beyond me.

Which is beyond stupid. Hopefully CA were slapped repeatedly after that dumb decision. It didn’t cost us but why we start in Adelaide is beyond me.

Australia hadn’t lost there since 2003 from memory - not as long as the undefeated streak at Brisbane obviously but still pretty impressive, and given how poor Australia were with the bat in the other 4 tests I don’t think it’s a fait accomplis that they would have won in Brisbane either.

Australia hadn’t lost there since 2003 from memory - not as long as the undefeated streak at Brisbane obviously but still pretty impressive, and given how poor Australia were with the bat in the other 4 tests I don’t think it’s a fait accomplis that they would have won in Brisbane either.

Exactly not as long as Brisbane. Jeez give your home side the best chance...do England start the Ashes at Lords? Nope. As I said it probably didn’t cost us but it didn’t help. We should have played Brisbane then Perth. Get the two bounciest pitches first up.

Brisbane lost out because the ground is in a s**t state and needs updating

That, and the fact they have only been getting 10k-15k to games for the last few years.

Below is the qualifying process for those interested. Provided by the sensational Bertus De Jong on twitter.

I'd really like to see the USA qualify as unlikely as that is.

DyA0YiCWoAgEzXT.jpg

I'd say you can almost guarantee most of the remaining Qualifier spots will be won by the top names listed (Nepal, UAE, USA, Canada, Kenya, Namibia). Europe's probably the biggest ? - Jersey are a good, promising young team, but Denmark probably has better depth. Germany has risen very quickly, including having a former Afghan national player in their ranks.

In all honesty, I think Ireland's chances of getting through the qualifier are questionable. The shorter the format gets, the worse they are at it. Could be some other upsets as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd say you can almost guarantee most of the remaining Qualifier spots will be won by the top names listed (Nepal, UAE, USA, Canada, Kenya, Namibia). Europe's probably the biggest ? - Jersey are a good, promising young team, but Denmark probably has better depth. Germany has risen very quickly, including having a former Afghan national player in their ranks.

In all honesty, I think Ireland's chances of getting through the qualifier are questionable. The shorter the format gets, the worse they are at it. Could be some other upsets as well.
You'd think PNG win that EAP group fairly comfortably too. Depending on which board implodes the most between now and the qualifiers I could see Uganda beating Kenya in the African group. Especially if Irfan Afridi is allowed to bowl.

The final T20 World Cup Qualifier starts tonight with about half the games being shown on Fox Sports/Kayo. 14 teams are vying for the 6 remaining spots in the World Cup. They have been split into 2 groups of 7 with each team playing the other countries in their group once. Top of each group then qualifies for the semi final and automatically qualifies for the World Cup with the top 4 in each group then playing some playoffs to decide the remaining 4 spots. The groups are split as follows (World Ranking in brackets):

Group A
Scotland (11)
Netherlands (18)
PNG (17)
Namibia (19)
Singapore (21)
Kenya (29)
Bermuda (30)

Group B
UAE (12)
Ireland (14)
Oman (16)
Hong Kong (20)
Canada (24)
Jersey (25)
Nigeria (37)

First game is Scotland v Singapore 5pm tonight AEDT whilst the first televised game is Hong Kong v Ireland at 8:10pm AEDT.

Anyone want to make some fearless predictions?

Group A
Scotland - auto qualify
Singapore - qualify for semis
Namibia - qualify for semis
Netherlands - qualify for semis

Group B
Oman - auto qualify
Ireland - qualify for semis
Canada - qualify for semis
UAE - qualify for semis

And those going through from the semis being Singapore, Netherlands, UAE and Ireland.

Back