Social Science Ice Creams

Remove this Banner Ad

Bought a tub of this a while back. Nice contrast between the sweet and creamy ice cream and the tartness of the splice ripple, which surprised me in a good way.
I expected the sorbet to be a bit more 'icy'... but it was as creamy as the vanilla icecream- or it seemed like it, to me.
I like your description- you put it better than I could have. I thought it would be over-sweet but really enjoyed it. I actually bought it for the kids for an after-dinner treat but 'had' to have a taste of it, myself... just to make sure that it wasn't off. ;)

I expected the sorbet to be a bit more 'icy'... but it was as creamy as the vanilla icecream- or it seemed like it, to me.
I like your description- you put it better than I could have. I thought it would be over-sweet but really enjoyed it. I actually bought it for the kids for an after-dinner treat but 'had' to have a taste of it, myself... just to make sure that it wasn't off. ;)

I like splice variants but some are just too sweet. This one was only slightly sweet but rather tart which I actually prefer. On its own it may be too tart, but with the ice cream it is a good balance of sweet and sour/tart.

I bought the much-discussed Coles Liquorice Allsorts on the weekend.....
Maybe I should've said "much disgust" because I almost spat it out! Talk about incorrect labelling! It should've been called Coconut Icecream - that's all I could taste.
I should've known not to trust Coles brand of anything!

(And I really don't like coconut at all! :mad:)

I bought the much-discussed Coles Liquorice Allsorts on the weekend.....
Maybe I should've said "much disgust" because I almost spat it out! Talk about incorrect labelling! It should've been called Coconut Icecream - that's all I could taste.
I should've known not to trust Coles brand of anything!

(And I really don't like coconut at all! :mad:)
I gave in and bought that awhile ago. I love coconut, but after the 2 spoonfuls I had , I wouldn't call it that. I tipped the container down the sink :( :(

I gave in and bought that awhile ago. I love coconut, but after the 2 spoonfuls I had , I wouldn't call it that. I tipped the container down the sink :( :(
I reckon it tasted a lot like the coconut yoghurt that my vegan friend eats. Ok for a few spoonsful but sickening after that. Very very disappointed!! I'd waited months to try this icecream- couldn't find it anywhere until the weekend... and I was as excited as a little kid!
My problem now, is what to do with it? I rather stupidly, as it turns out, bought two bloody tubs of the stuff!!
Maybe the chooks will drink it if I melt it for them.
:mad:

I reckon it tasted a lot like the coconut yoghurt that my vegan friend eats. Ok for a few spoonsful but sickening after that. Very very disappointed!! I'd waited months to try this icecream- couldn't find it anywhere until the weekend... and I was as excited as a little kid!
My problem now, is what to do with it? I rather stupidly, as it turns out, bought two bloody tubs of the stuff!!
Maybe the chooks will drink it if I melt it for them.
:mad:
Well I turned on the hot water tap, and flushed it down the sink . :) Luckily I bought it on special. I like the licorice allsorts lollies. So might , just to see:) , buy some with vanilla icecream and mix in a few allsorts. MIGHT . ;0

We spent last month in Italy and tried the Gelato in Venice-Florence-Milan and Rome.

Best gelato was in Florence at the Ponte Vecchio Bridge, in a cup.

Nek day I got it in cone and it was practically 1/2 a litre...still tasted awesome.

The rest tasted like ice cream.

There is a place near the Duomo that is always crazy busy; pretty damned good... but I can't remember what it's called :(

Well I turned on the hot water tap, and flushed it down the sink . :) Luckily I bought it on special. I like the licorice allsorts lollies. So might , just to see:) , buy some with vanilla icecream and mix in a few allsorts. MIGHT . ;0
I reckon that'll work. You can add a little liquorice or aniseed essence to the icecream as well - that's available from the baking area of your grocery store.

Has anyone tried Haagen Dazs? Chocolate is so good.
2452-sm.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ben & Jerry Triple Caramel Swirl is pretty s**t hot.

Yes yes yes...we saw that one! Massive line to get it even on mild Autumn day.

Well deserved, it's bloody good.

There is also a pizza place near it, Spontini, which is awesome. Big, thick slices that they cut into little squares.

And then there was also this place that does these Italian pastries, they were amazing too.

Connoiseur Cuban Mocha is the ice-cream equivalent of boobs....
Proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Baskin Robbins Peanut Butter is pretty good too.

man I had one of those cuban mochas yesterday was koots, bloody rippa ice cream

Vanilla ice cream, yoghurt, and fruit salad is some seriously profound s**t. And because I made this thread, it counts

*ears perk up*
Where can I buy some?
It's sold in most supermarkets but I'm not sure if it's available outside of SA. We cop a lot of s**t but this is one thing we have got going for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back