Iconic moments in the history of the AFL - pick one

Remove this Banner Ad

12072580-3x2-700x467.jpg

s-l400.jpg

Just found this and if you only count the decade as starting in 2007 it is completely right.
It has highlights of multiple premierships in the decade, fair & reasonable headline 😊

Video of a Lebron James dunk just sold for $200,000+ (as if it was a painting). The owner now can claim theoretical "ownership" of that clip (but has no legal rights to it's use). Selling iconic clips/moments of sport is a dumb, millennial money making venture.

But, in AFL, what short clips of footage through history would be most valuable, or would you want to own if you could for personal reasons:

My favorite clip is the side on view of Liam Jurrah's screamer. I think it is the AFL's equivalent of Jordan's dunk from the foul-line. (apologies to Morecroft).
Went to the footy at the G with 2 mates, both decided to throw peanuts at the goal umpire, i told them to stop, nekminut a cop comes striding over and acusses me of throwing the peanuts, i quickly threw my 2 friends under the bus but this wasn't enough for this prick, i had to admit to it or be thrown out, so i lied and said i threw one.

Think Ablett kicked 7 that day, Daicos kicked 8, may have been Vic park but lone policeman didn't go anywhere near where we sat back in the day, so must have been the G.

Last edited:
Video of a Lebron James dunk just sold for $200,000+ (as if it was a painting). The owner now can claim theoretical "ownership" of that clip (but has no legal rights to it's use). Selling iconic clips/moments of sport is a dumb, millennial money making venture.

But, in AFL, what short clips of footage through history would be most valuable, or would you want to own if you could for personal reasons:

My favorite clip is the side on view of Liam Jurrah's screamer. I think it is the AFL's equivalent of Jordan's dunk from the foul-line. (apologies to Morecroft).
Which one?
Against port?
Essendon?

Think Ablett kicked 7 that day, Daicos kicked 8, may have been Vic park but lone policeman didn't go anywhere near where we sat back in the day, so must have been the G.
There was a game at Victoria Park where Ablett kicked 7 & Daicos 8, in 1993.....You could also be thinking of the match at the G in 89’, Ablett kicked 7 again & Daicos was the Pies best.....Not sure about his goal tally though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is hard to go past that.

No one in the history of the game has ever wandered down Swanston St with a giant dildo swinging dressed in a floral skirt while completely off their chops.

And then there’s Fev...God bless his stupid soul 💁‍♂️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back