I'd like to complain about the umpires...

Remove this Banner Ad

Some not great decisions but par for the course -- all in all we get about 50/50 our way/their way.

Now, the umpiring in general -- what constitutes holding the ball for example -- really makes no sense any more.
At least with holding the ball it was applied more consistently across both teams this week instead of different rules for different jumpers.

OP is being facetious as always.

First half umpiring was poor, but after that I didn't notice it.

There was a lot of holding and scraping going on, but it wasn't getting paid either way so I'm happy with the consistency there.

The first qtr was pathetic, the amount of soft calls they got and the amount of non calls we got was embarrassing.

Then we get a couple calls go our way in the 2nd that definitely would not have been paid on the first.

It’s obvious they get together at the break and talk about it, then give us square up free kicks. It’s them acknowledging they made a bunch of mistakes so they will make more mistakes to correct the first lot of mistakes. What a joke.

Carlton game was the worst, the 3rd qtr was murder, then start of 4th we get given a blocking free in defence and then another in attack. Two blocking frees in a minute when they never get paid all season.

you guys are very kind to the umpires..... i'm still not happy about how we were treated....
Thought Ginni was extremely lucky to be awarded that free for a high tackle on the wing. Ginni dropped his knees as soon as he was tackled. For mine was a classic example of the "Ginni rule" and It should have been play on or HTB against Ginni.

In saying that, Ginni is miles behind on the free kick ledger so good luck to him on that one.

A photo of the last game against the Swans..... hickey using his wrestling skills to apply a sleeper hold...
Thought Ginni was extremely lucky to be awarded that free for a high tackle on the wing. Ginni dropped his knees as soon as he was tackled. For mine was a classic example of the "Ginni rule" and It should have been play on or HTB against Ginni.

In saying that, Ginni is miles behind on the free kick ledger so good luck to him on that one.

i must admit that i was surprised when he got that one.....maybe because of the phone calls from the coach...or the donations to the umpires christmas party fund

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't agree. Iirc he was tackled from behind.

The Umpiring is clearly creating close games, Collingwood when ahead getting a raw deal, doesn’t seems to be as many howlers when we are behind.maybe now the tv rights deal is done we might get some paid!

I loved it when Ginni got that high shot free kick on the wing in front of a few thousand Pies fans and he gave them all a wave of appreciation as they all cheered for him. I just love that stuff, it gets the crowd involved which in turn feeds the players. Ginni, Coxy & JDG are a few x-factor guys that generate excitement, and it makes the team feel alive.

At least with holding the ball it was applied more consistently across both teams this week instead of different rules for different jumpers.
Fair comment barrackers and pretty much my thoughts although I thought the umpiring was dreadful in the first quarter - particularly from Roseberry

Agree. He needs to get that out of his game, hoping he was starting to cut that out.

Yes it happens in NBA constantly. Refs treat some players completely different to others, like James Harden, Giannis Antetokounmpo etc
If you even breath on these players. You will be watching them shoot free throws.

It's sad that this s**t has plagued our game as well.

What bullshit Giannis is consistently hammered and gets nothing due to his size and strength

What bullshit Giannis is consistently hammered and gets nothing due to his size and strength

lol, that is just categorically wrong. False... And if we can't agree on this point then there is not at all any reason to continue the conversation.
It's pretty blatantly obvious to just about everyone but a bucks fan or giannis fanbois

lol, that is just categorically wrong. False... And if we can't agree on this point then there is not at all any reason to continue the conversation.
It's pretty blatantly obvious to just about everyone but a bucks fan or giannis fanbois

Due to being 7 foot and a wall of muscle he gets smashed all the time and there is no foul called.

If you don't see it try to open your eyes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back