I'd like to complain about the umpires...

Remove this Banner Ad

Umpire #14 had some incredible decisions.
Especially in the second 1/4.
He saw a blatant in the back at half forward and let the other umpire call the mark.
Calling the ball back to Pendles rather than allowing the play on via Ginnivan.
Not calling the holding the ball in front of the points after the Mihocek brain fade.

The second two of those were 12 point decisions.
The Pendles play on was an absolute momentum switcher.

We’re all going to be bias on here, but gee whizz…
Umpires gifted them 3 of their first 4 goals.
We got robbed so many times with no holding/dropping the ball calls made.
Momentum killing, inconsistent jerks.
I’m glad Fly spoke up in the press conference about it. Absolute farce.

The Pendlebury non advantage call was the worst. Astonishingly bad umpiring. With other decisions you can always look at from the umpires side and see “ yeah I understand the umpires thinking but i don’t agree with it”. But not with this one. There was no reason not to call advantage. Play never stopped… Pendles shrugged the high tackle and immediately handballed it off.

We went from a mark in the goalsquare to Pendles forced to take his kick 60 out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Pendlebury non advantage call was the worst. Astonishingly bad umpiring. With other decisions you can always look at from the umpires side and see “ yeah I understand the umpires thinking but i don’t agree with it”. But not with this one. There was no reason not to call advantage. Play never stopped… Pendles shrugged the high tackle and immediately handballed it off.

We went from a mark in the goalsquare to Pendles forced to take his kick 60 out.

Ginnivan high tackle well a headlock really, just inside center square which they took the ball clear.
Was atrocious but we all know he has his own umpire rule book so its open season on him. Screenshot_20220904-085513_Kayo Sports.jpg Screenshot_20220904-085512_Kayo Sports.jpg Screenshot_20220904-085440_Kayo Sports.jpg

Also here is the AJ mark that resulted from the continuous play on from pendles that got brought back. Went from certain goal to nothing.

Screenshot_20220904-085335_Kayo Sports.jpg

Last edited:
It’s incredibly disheartening when our game style is built on pressure - a key point of difference to the cats’ game style and something that should help us in finals - yet cats players are continually allowed to drop the ball when being tackled without penalty.

Not to mention the Geelong throws in the last.

Here's one in our forward 50...

Screenshot_20220904-093516_Kayo Sports.jpg

The AFL will never admit they’ve got a bunch of guys that just don’t know how to administer rules, so the fall back is “ we are happy with the decisions paid “

The seriousness of this will and has decided games. What’s so infuriating is that everyone else sees it.

We move on to the next stage show next week and hope the disgraceful umpires favor us with their poor handle of the game.

#AFLLOTTO #

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

At the game I assumed the free was paid by the out of zone umpire (not the closest ump). When that occurs there can’t be advantage.

If so, it’s a case of s**t rule rather than a bad decision. Really it shouldn’t have different advantage rules depending on which ump sees it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back