Squeak

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2002
Lexus Centre Parma Bar
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Milwaukee Beers
As happens occasionally for other sporting events on the general board, I thought it would be a good idea to have a betting comp. I suggest something like we each get $100 per week to bet on the Saturday metropolitan meeting each week.

Sound like fun but don't place restrictions on how many horses people can back. I'm in one on the Aussie Boxing Forum and you have $1000 and have to bet on at least ten horses.

My suggestions on how it should run :

-No restriction on the number of hoses you can bet on, for instance you can unload the whole $100 on one horse or divide it and put on 10, 20 bets whatever.
-City meetings only in the four main states.
-Keep it for Saturdays only.
-No Multiple bets like quaddies, trifectras, quinellas etc just keep it simple with Win/Place betting.

Ah, i can't stand people that have 87,000 bets, its too hard to follow.

Originally posted by Pieman7
Sound like fun but don't place restrictions on how many horses people can back. I'm in one on the Aussie Boxing Forum and you have $1000 and have to bet on at least ten horses.

My suggestions on how it should run :

-No restriction on the number of hoses you can bet on, for instance you can unload the whole $100 on one horse or divide it and put on 10, 20 bets whatever.
-City meetings only in the four main states.
-Keep it for Saturdays only.
-No Multiple bets like quaddies, trifectras, quinellas etc just keep it simple with Win/Place betting.

Most of that sounds good, but I reckon it would be simpler if we just had the Melbourne meeting, although to counter that I suppose it would disadvantage non-Victorians.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back