Opinion Ideal Finals Opponent

Who will we play against in Finals this year? (Assuming we make finals)

• Adelaide

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Collingwood

• Essendon

• Fremantle

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Geelong

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GWS

• Hawthorn

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • North Melbourne

• Port Adelaide

• Richmond

• St Kilda

• West Coast

• Western Bulldogs

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm as disappointed in our performance yesterday as anyone else. But looking at it from another perspective that was by far the worse game we've played all season and Carlton's absolute best. I'm confident the players will learn and find the motivation not to let this happen again after the bye. It's obvious Carlton brought more intensity.On any other day we would have put them to the sword before half time. We were in a similar position on the ladder as Carlton last year and we beat Hawthorn twice and they finished top 4 that season. The game isn't as season derailing as some people on this thread and others suggest. We will be better.

If we manage to make finals we will get slaughtered by whoever we play, not a single player can handle any pressure or when the crowd gets into it.

I'm as disappointed in our performance yesterday as anyone else. But looking at it from another perspective that was by far the worse game we've played all season and Carlton's absolute best. I'm confident the players will learn and find the motivation not to let this happen again after the bye. It's obvious Carlton brought more intensity.On any other day we would have put them to the sword before half time. We were in a similar position on the ladder as Carlton last year and we beat Hawthorn twice and they finished top 4 that season. The game isn't as season derailing as some people on this thread and others suggest. We will be better.
Same goes for the Essendon game

If we manage to make finals we will get slaughtered by whoever we play, not a single player can handle any pressure or when the crowd gets into it.
That's ultimately what separates finals teams to teams that finish the season in 9th-12th on the ladder. We'll have more opportunities to improve on that aspect of our game.

That's ultimately what separates finals teams to teams that finish the season in 9th-12th on the ladder. We'll have more opportunities to improve on that aspect of our game.

Well if we can't handle Carlton's pressure and a crowd of 32,000 at Marvel, I don't know what we can handle imagine us making finals and playing Richmond at the G in front of 90,000 supporters.

Well if we can't handle Carlton's pressure and a crowd of 32,000 at Marvel, I don't know what we can handle imagine us making finals and playing Richmond at the G in front of 90,000 supporters.
I'm confident that we'll win a home elimination this year (if we earn one). Our inability this season to shut down the oppositions momentum away from home is a huge aspect of our game that we need to develop. I doubt that will come to us until next year at least. Our last 3 away games are prefect examples.

I'm confident that we'll win a home elimination this year (if we earn one). Our inability this season to shut down the oppositions momentum away from home is a huge aspect of our game that we need to develop. I doubt that will come to us until next year at least. Our last 3 away games are prefect examples.
Wish i had your confidence in the team, I can't see us making finals let alone getting a home final this year after yesterdays lost we will probably finish on 11 or 12 wins and our bad percentage hurts us.

Wish i had your confidence in the team, I can't see us making finals let alone getting a home final this year after yesterdays lost we will probably finish on 11 or 12 wins and our bad percentage hurts us.
We are a top 8 team at home and a bottom 8 team away. At this point of the season its 50/50 if well make it. We have some of our best returning from injury after the bye. It'll depend on our response against the saints and our motivation for the rest of the reason.

Had we not drank our own bath water, we should’ve pushed for a top four finish (certainly won’t now) and potentially played 3 finals games allowing our players significant experience leading into the coming years.

As it stands, we’ll be lucky to make the finals now and it is evident that we’ve shat the bed. That being said, one finals game (even better if it’s in Melbourne) will be great experience and hopefully offer motivation for coming years.

No doubt we’ll rue what might have been.

Back