Ideal ladder position

aislegi

Norm Smith Medallist
May 18, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
I see what you guys are saying but I can't stand this whole, "if we can't do X then we weren't good enough". What does the outcome of one match have to do with the ability of the team overall? No team has ever had an undefeated season has it? It's not logical to say this as luck and a whole variety of factors come into premiership calculations. You only have to look at the difference in 2017 and 2018 to see how circumstances can play a part. IMO we are a Dylan Grimes suspension in Round 3 off being top of the ladder. If the oblong shaped ball takes one different bounce in the Eagles/Collignwood game from a couple of weeks ago and the eagles steal the game we are basically locked for a top 4 spot. None of that changes "how good" we are. lol

The evidence is overwhelming that teams who are good enough to win the flag (or even make the grand final) are rarely so poor in the home and away rounds that they can't finish top four

Jun 28, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Win the next 2 rounds and wed pretty much have a hand on the cup, seeing as wed have beaten 2nd and 3rd at the ground the grand final is played on

Lose one and we might be able to arse out a 4th place result if adelaide can get their sh1t together and beat the pies.

Lose both and we werent winning the flag anyway.

BruceTempany14

Calling out Geelong supporters
Aug 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
I don't care where we finish. I countenance that by saying I pray we come up against the druggies or Gerard Whatleys overrated Cats on their home ground , the MCG. if WE loose another game this year I'd be surprised , but to loose and come up against druggies would be heaven. We are now a great club again. Sustained success is ours. Go Tiges !!

Anywhere in the top 4 and I'll be content. Finish outside the top 4 and we're toast. I suspect the Pies will win their last two, so we have to as well.

I dunno, Crows were pretty good to get within 2 goals of the weagles without sloane for half a game

Collingwood have played the two worst sides in the league back to back
This.

Both the Crows and (as woeful as they were on the weekend) the Bombers are fighting for their places in the 8. I'd actually be surprised if the Pies won both games.

Apr 27, 2014
The Funny Farm Lakes Entrance
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
I remember that clash in 2017 at the Cattery where we lost and we made changes afterwards that improved us immensely that we went onto winning the flag. I think this week could be that game if the appropriate changes aren’t made. I struggle to see a premiership side with all of Chol Ellis Short Baker and Caddy. I think three of them need to go before we tackle September.
So Cotchin and Dusty will replace two and Chol will go for Soldo or Balta.
Pickett may even replace another lad so the reality is we’re in a awesome position to take on September and even from fifth.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
as long as we avoid WCE at Optus I'm happy, that place will be a cauldron and i don't fancy our chances, haven't played well against WCE in recent times
I'm more confident playing over there with Lynch in our side.

Cotcho

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 4, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
I've always thought it was weird that Loser of 1v4 plays the winner of 5v8 in the finals. It should be the winner of 6v7 IMO

This.

Both the Crows and (as woeful as they were on the weekend) the Bombers are fighting for their places in the 8. I'd actually be surprised if the Pies won both games.
The Pies will beat the bombers by 60+. The Dons are cooked. Adelaide is the only chance the Pies drop a game.

I know one thing, I’ve already made my mind up if we are playing in Perth or Brisbane which is highly likely I’m not ******* going, happy to watch at home.
Still remember the ******* airlines ripping everyone off when we made the finals in Adelaide.

Whatever see's us get our finals bunnies Geelong at the G first final. That's the best result imaginable.

The “it’s not fair Geelong should play at KP” thread has grown legs again,Cats fans sitting in their kitty litter.

I never thought i would see a supporter base as delusional as Essendon or Carlton, but, there you go......

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Cats beat Lions, we beat Coasters, Crows beat Pies.

If that happens we can rest a few injured or battered players against Lions. Try out Picket and Balta and any other kid on the radar. Take an honorable loss against Brisbane and play Cats at the G a fortnight later.

Ooh the melts!

Back