Mod. Notice Ideas to improve the Swans Board

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 23, 2007
around about
AFL Club
Sydney
Do we want/need the Locker Room off topic board? Just want to make sure I'm not wasting my time updating articles for the players. It seems if I don't do it, no one does.

Than we dont need it AG. If there's a discussion about a player it will find it's way onto the swans main board. There's no point you busting your gut if it's for work that's achieving little.

Though when it was set up it was implied Admin wanted it.

May 24, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal
Do we want an Essendon style set up where they have a filter at the top of their page for player prefix threads. We just move all the threads from the Locker Room onto our main board and then use those threads when we discuss player related news. eg. I'd bump the Walsh thread this week and put all the debut discussion in that.

Or we just completely scrap the board and I'll just move the contract thread to the main board.

vonn

Bigfooty Legend
10k Posts Pokemon is Life Meet-Up Master Pantskyle Podcaster WCE Wings Guernsey Casey Tutungi Future Fund
Sep 29, 2008
AFL Club
Sydney
Whatever you want honey bunny.

vonn

Bigfooty Legend
10k Posts Pokemon is Life Meet-Up Master Pantskyle Podcaster WCE Wings Guernsey Casey Tutungi Future Fund
Sep 29, 2008
AFL Club
Sydney
AG hunny can we have a poll with each preview thread on who will win ? Margin if you wish.

vonn

Bigfooty Legend
Sep 29, 2008
AFL Club
Sydney
I need your permission my lovee xxx

Apr 23, 2007
around about
AFL Club
Sydney
Do we want an Essendon style set up where they have a filter at the top of their page for player prefix threads. We just move all the threads from the Locker Room onto our main board and then use those threads when we discuss player related news. eg. I'd bump the Walsh thread this week and put all the debut discussion in that.

Or we just completely scrap the board and I'll just move the contract thread to the main board.

AG scrap the board and delete the threads. It's sux from a work perspective but the Swans fans have spoken. If you don't delete them don't bump them, see if they survive naturally and if they don't let them sink were old threads go to die.

It's not our thing. We don't want them cluttering up the main board and if there's a thread needed like Walsh it will be started by someone as you saw. If you direct traffic where it's not wanted people will resent it and you'll end up with say two Tommy Walsh threads.

I know you and others did a lot of hard work on those ones but sadly it's better killing a white elephant than plowing on.

Ed_Gein

Very good. But brick not hit back!
Dec 17, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Glasgow Rangers, Liverpool, Storm.
i like the concept of the locker room. unfortunately because everything makes it's way onto the main board the locker room will get overlooked. perhaps encouraging people to instead of opening up threads on individual players on the main board, to go and use the player thread in the locker room instead might get a bit more traffic there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
The Locker Room was demanded by Admin as far as I can recall. Best AG, grim and Syd talk to them before we as a Board kill off a Sub Board (admin directive) that they haven't got the permission to kill off;)

Apr 23, 2007
around about
AFL Club
Sydney
We need to create a list off topic - after the draft excitment has died down for the off season.

Im putting mine here because otherwise I'll forget.

Add to them, I don't need to start the threads either but just a memory aid for ones we've discussed.

Changes to POTY
Swans Draft Blunders
The players who respected the club the most
Does anyone know where **** is now.
Best 22 for 2013
The annual mattner shitfight.

For poster retention we also need to spring the Skilton bar through the off season.

May 24, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal
It died weeks ago. We just haven't buried it yet. Admin are still busy fixing everything after the software change, so I'll wait a while before asking to remove it.

Although, if we just leave it maybe there is a chance it will come back to life. Unlikely though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back