Mod. Notice Ideas to improve the Swans Board

Remove this Banner Ad

What doesn't annoy you. You must be pissed off that you can't wear the brown suit to another Hall of Fame night, as we won't have it here again. Should be in the Heartland ! at least every 30 yrs lol

most of the players that made it to the hall of fame were born in the heartland...

lets hope they have the next hall of fame down here so the ex players dont have to fly to mexico again... lol

you love my heartland call, classic

You need a new idol Vonn, that little midget hasn't played a good game for about 18 rounds

Syd V Gee Rd 23 try again bettcccchhh.

Ily McBabe!!!!!!!!

Could we also have the font of posts changed. I really like an italic times new roman with a hint of windings on size 21. I would also request the bigfooty logo be changed to small footy to sound less intimidating.

While I'm at it can you also card Bedford. I find his face offensive.

Change your internet browser font settings then. Bigfooty logo is out of my control.

High maintenance you are.

Could you also put a 2mm double frame around my posts in the colour Ff3719 and make sure that it remains that way despite any brightness/contrast changes on my monitor - or anyone elses.

Stripped double frame is a no no

(Log in to remove this ad.)

maybe we should have an opposition whinge thread (not for the faint hearted) that opposition supporters can post their crap in. leaves the sledging out of the preview thread.

although when i think of this i think of that swans thread over on the lions board where it's all taken on the chin from both sides, it is a bit untoward at times, but it's in good spirit.

although i don't think it would work because it might give opposition supporters to take it a bit far. :D

TBH I think it'd work for all but the current lot. Problem is almost every club on BigFooty has independent sites (DemonLand, TheKennel, RWO, Saintsational) and this mob don't, so instead of all the insular crazies being on a board where they're allowed to groupthink all they want, they're on BF. Besides, it's all fine now they're sated and confident of a win, if there's a close win on Sunday, that'll go out the window. Happens every single time.

I wouldn't say no to a generic opposition banter thread that can constantly be used so threads don't go off track (lol JKS as long as I post threads will go off track)

I wouldn't say no to Mitch Brown from WCE either. Mmmm

Up to you guys, we can leave the preview thread open longer. Go back to one thread for the game threads. We can keep experimenting.

Don't go back to the one thread for both. It sucks and doesn't work. The new system is great.

I don't mind if we leave the old thread open though.

yeah i like the current format of preview, gameday, review.

although i don't see why a bay 13 style thread can't at least be given a go. it will be given a stern test from the north melbourne ferals, because no doubt they'll be flooding our board if we win a close one with cards being handed out and the review thread going down fast. if it's no good, can always lock it and give the idea a miss.

Not normally too keen on a bay 13 style thread except against these guys TBH. Most clubs supporters know how to chuck some banter about without it derailing a thread. It only happens when we play them.

The only problem with that is they have a history of sooking about a thread aimed at them and than start a cull the Swan thread and pretend they have no problem with us.

Based on the events of their board I think we can start it on out thread and call it the North Melbourne Whinge thread.

well to be honest, i kind of think that sometimes a few of our own can be suseptible in going overboard when an opposition supporter comes up with a point that differs. so it can be a bit of a mix sometimes. at least with a bay 13 style thread laying down the hard line on slinging matches can be a lot easier if it gets a bit heated.

well to be honest, i kind of think that sometimes a few of our own can be suseptible in going overboard when an opposition supporter comes up with a point that differs. so it can be a bit of a mix sometimes. at least with a bay 13 style thread laying down the hard line on slinging matches can be a lot easier if it gets a bit heated.

I agree with that, but there's a difference between a decently argued view point and just being a ****wit.

Well you have a green light from me if you want to create one. Probably need a good thread title though.

i'll leave it up to someone else then. i think you should start it, being a mod and all. :p topic could have something stating that there are rules in the 1st post outlining that preview threads are for matchups and civil discusion on the game etc...

I agree with that, but there's a difference between a decently argued view point and just being a ****wit.

haha yeah, only takes one throwaway line for things to kick off. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back