Idiot on 5aa

Remove this Banner Ad

May 10, 2009
Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Adelaide
Anyone who listened to the 5aa sports show tonight would have heard a man ring up complaining he saw Crow's players "legless" on Saturday night. I rang up (Scott is my name), and said the actual truth, that guy was babbling on about something he heard from a mate, which was far from the truth. Just thought I'd reassure our supporters that our players are pretty responsible from what I saw, and most were our top line players, so there is nothing to worry about.:thumbsu:

crowman86

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2008
Northern Suburbs
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Spurs
I heard that call. Guys name was 'Grumpy'. Heard him call Bob Francis a few times as well. He is a serial pest and rings up with stupid rumours and just generally causing trouble all the time.

One of my mates was out on Sat night and saw quite a few of the Crows players and said they were acting pretty responsible. Said Bocky was hobbling around in his suit + moon boot.

Good stuff ringing up mate. I reckon I heard one of the posts on this board read out as an email this afternoon as well. Ill have a look and see if I can find the post.

Symesy15

Cancelled
Dec 4, 2008
CrowLand
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sydney, Sturt
Haha is that why Vince was wearing a cap on the Sunday Footy Show - he was a little hungover?? (since he obviously couldn't wear sunnies to block out the sun) :p:thumbsu:

Saw Bock, Shirley, Reilly, Doughty, Biglands, Perrie, Thompson and Cicolella at the Cas on Saturday night. Their behaviour was fine.

Twalkerfor PM

Rookie
Oct 1, 2008
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
God these players are still human, they fully deserved to be out on the Sat night after the effort they put in on Friday night, some people need to get a life :)

treeman

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
"Grumpy" is a moron. He's trying to create a gimmick for himself and the station should stop obliging him because he's not even remotely amusing and generally carries on like a tool.

Grumpy is alright, he is pretty entertaining with Bob and others, probably not for the sport show.

-Ben

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McCavity

All Australian
May 22, 2008
Pakenham, VIC
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Gembrook-Cockatoo,Central Districts
Nut bags and talk back radio go together like hand in glove. If you don't want to hear tools rabbit on about crap, don't listen to talk back. I rarely listen to SEN over here in Melbourne for the same reason.

Apr 20, 2001
Adelaide Oval / Anfield
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Utd,Liverpool, WWT Eagles.
Not as bad as the old bloke who said he wont' watch Channel 7 ever again because they had Nick Maxwell on the Sunday morning show. His rationale was that Maxwell should have got six weeks for that hit he did in pre-season and that he had no right to talk about Richmond going the biff.

I just cracked up laughing at turned off the radio. No idea what Cornes said in reply. Beggars belief that people can be so dumb really.

McCavity

All Australian
May 22, 2008
Pakenham, VIC
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
:D
Not as bad as the old bloke who said he wont' watch Channel 7 ever again because they had Nick Maxwell on the Sunday morning show. His rationale was that Maxwell should have got six weeks for that hit he did in pre-season and that he had no right to talk about Richmond going the biff.

I just cracked up laughing at turned off the radio. No idea what Cornes said in reply. Beggars belief that people can be so dumb really.

I cease to be amazed by how stupid some people can be. But then again they serve a purpose by feeding my own sense of intellectual and moral superiority.:D

treeman

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
I've only ever heard him on Bob and the sports show and he's always come across as a boring idiot on Bob's show. On the sports show he just sounds like a nutter.

You know he is Bob's taxi driver?

He rings up Midnight to dawn and it can often lead to a break in some of the boring conversations.

When he was first on fiveaa he pretended to be a pig farmer.

He was actually on tv on a show called 'Dave in the life of' a documentary about talk back radio shock jocks and focused on Bob Francis.

-Ben

Dujon11

Club Legend
Oct 24, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Bays
Nut bags and talk back radio go together like hand in glove. If you don't want to hear tools rabbit on about crap, don't listen to talk back. I rarely listen to SEN over here in Melbourne for the same reason.

Most of the callers on 5aa have more intellect and knowledge than Stephen Rowe. All he does is yell into the mic. Kelli Underwood is a better football commentator than him.

McCavity

All Australian
May 22, 2008
Pakenham, VIC
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Most of the callers on 5aa have more intellect and knowledge than Stephen Rowe. All he does is yell into the mic. Kelli Underwood is a better football commentator than him.

I wasn't really making any sort of statement about the relative merits of media commentators or radio announcers. I was merely making the observation that talk back radio - by its very nature - attracts callers from the lunatic fringe. I'm not suggesting either, that all talk back callers are of that ilk.

arrowman

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 27, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
...talk back radio - by its very nature - attracts callers from the lunatic fringe. I'm not suggesting either, that all talk back callers are of that ilk.
Well, I'm the exception that proves the rule, then :p

I've called 5AA a few times over the years (M-F Sports Show, Sat morning and Sunday Roast). Generally it's a waste of time, especially if Cornes is in control and you tick him off. (I had a memorable exchange with him over the "Port players knew the drug testers were coming to training" issue a coule of years back)

I think the Sunday Roast is the only show worth calling if you want to raise or discuss any sort of serious point, or stand a chance of actually having a discussion with the panel. Or maybe I'm biased because McDermott gave me movie tickets one day :D

The Saturday show can be OK if you can get the attention/support of Rucci, he's really the only one on that panel who's interested in a serious topic. (Because I know him personally, I will shamelessly identify myself to him when calling, in the hope of getting a bit of support for the call)

The Cornes & Rowe show is a waste of time for serious callers.

The pre- and post-game talkback panels on the ABC and 3AW show a lot more respect for their callers - and they get a better standard of callers, too. I think these two facts are not unrelated ;)

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
There's nothing funnier that the first half dozen or so calls after a night game at AAMI Stadium when the Crows/Power have lost in a close one.

The raw emotion on display and dimwitted opinions as to why we lost almost make up for us losing... maybe not quite. I think night games are better because people have been drinking longer.

Umpires cop a pasting. Coaches cop a pasting. Players get savaged. Especially good when Rowe or McDermott fires up back at them. Then they cross to someone from overseas who has been listening on line and I lose interest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back