If 7 straight games at the MCG leading into finals is an advantage....

Remove this Banner Ad

Then what do you call it when a team has to play 16 games straight on the road to win the premiership?

I’d call it damn impressive. And it’s certainly silenced a lot of the detractors that used that weak argument last year.

Richmond won 13 games outside their home state this year. Has that ever been bettered? I very much doubt it. Possibly the greatest travelling side of all time
BWAHHAAHAhaha by this reasoning you must say that Geelong’s home ground advantage that is the only apparent reason they make finals is a total crock.

You sure you wanna go there? 🤔

BWAHHAAHAhaha by this reasoning you must say that Geelong’s home ground advantage that is the only apparent reason they make finals is a total crock.

You sure you wanna go there? 🤔

Everybody knows GMHBA stadium is a cheat ground. It’s nothing like the MCG which is the most neutral venue in Australia.

I ask because the record shows that the Gabba is basically your home away from home, so it‘s blatantly bullshit to say that the ground and travel doesn’t factor in at all. Would Richmond have won the GF against us in Perth? What about against Geelong at Simonds Stadium? Arguably your greatest win this year was against Port at Adelaide Oval, but, considering they’re the biggest chokers of all time, I found that result hardly surprising.

You couldn't beat Collingwood in Perth. You wouldn't have been in the GF even if it was held there.

I remember early int he season when WA teams were hubbing in QLD, and WA fans were telling us what a major issue it was and how they were all away games.

Suddenly WA goes home, and Vic clubs are doing it and it's nothing...

You couldn't beat Collingwood in Perth. You wouldn't have been in the GF even if it was held there.

I remember early int he season when WA teams were hubbing in QLD, and WA fans were telling us what a major issue it was and how they were all away games.

Bingo is the name-o

Richmond can’t do squat away from the MCG and they know it. If they had met anyone other than Geelong in the GF this year then I reckon a few of their older boys would be looking at the Rance retirement option.
Nah Geelong, while ultimately beaten by tigers, were second best team
Port close to that mantle as well..tigers beat them both.

West Coast were another rung below as the ladder showed

Think sometimes you just have to accept the harsh reality

Lol. Your mob spent the entire season at home and still choked in front of your home crowd when push came to shove. Hamish Hartlett made a total big mouth jerk of himself and the bow and arrow kid would be embarrassed to go outside wouldn't he after fluffing that chest mark 15m out. If you're upset about all of that when you expected to have the flag handed to you on a platter because it was your 150th well newsflash, you have to win it. The last time I looked a flight to Melb from Adelaide takes under an hour. The sooking is unbelievable. Lol
1606898238013.gif

I ask because the record shows that the Gabba is basically your home away from home, so it‘s blatantly bullshit to say that the ground and travel doesn’t factor in at all. Would Richmond have won the GF against us in Perth? What about against Geelong at Simonds Stadium? Arguably your greatest win this year was against Port at Adelaide Oval, but, considering they’re the biggest chokers of all time, I found that result hardly surprising.
Probably would’ve beaten you guys in Perth, considering how you guys choke in finals lately. Beating Geelong at their home ground is different but. Who does beat Geelong at their home ground?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This thread has certainly triggered some West Coast supporters.

Thoroughly enjoying their take on our premiership season.
BWAHHAAHAhaha the “fake grand final” for the COVID-CUP in a season with more asterisks and question marks hovering over it than a Carlton FC salary cap review. 🤣🤣😂🤣🤣

LULZA drawing Geelong in a grand final over even any final is pretty much a guarantee to progress these days. Going on a decade since their last salute yet they’ve made the finals every year since.
Just making up the numbers as finals bunny these days.

Spot on . Geelong were hot. Port got a bit worked up over things during the 2 weeks off but a great side.
The rest making up numbers.

Spot on . Geelong were hot. Port got a bit worked up over things during the 2 weeks off but a great side.
LULZA for real. All season long flogs were chirping in how geelong were no threat because of their abysmal finals record with Tiger pinheads at the front of the queue being the loudest yet pumping up Brissy. 🤣🤣

How it changes. :$

Richmond played home games at Metricon this year. Try again. Richmond played 2 games at the Gabba prior to the finals. 4 in total.

Also, using that logic West Coast were undefeated at the G in 2018 so the 2018 Grand Final was a home game for them. Having a good record doesn’t make it a home game. Strong cope lmao

[/QUOTE]

Nah Port were better than Geelong. They finished higher on the ladder. They beat you in the finals. And they put up more of a fight against Richmond.

Brilliant, we lost to Collingwood by one point. Sometimes teams play out of their skins in such circumstances (they played their GF against us). Case in point: you couldn’t beat the Colliwobbles in a prelim when a goddamn American tore you apart.

Past seasons should’ve been taken into account when the fixture was released i.e making it more difficult for you. If this season was truly fair, then you would‘ve played us in Perth, as you should have done, considering our last matchup was at the MCG.

Probably would’ve beaten you guys in Perth, considering how you guys choke in finals lately. Beating Geelong at their home ground is different but. Who does beat Geelong at their home ground?

Sydney, look at their track record, or Carlton this year. It isn’t impossible to beat Geelong at their home ground. And I highly doubt you would’ve beaten us over here.

Richmond played home games at Metricon this year. Try again. Richmond played 2 games at the Gabba prior to the finals. 4 in total.

Also, using that logic West Coast were undefeated at the G in 2018 so the 2018 Grand Final was a home game for them. Having a good record doesn’t make it a home game. Strong cope lmao

Metricon, the Gabba, it doesn’t matter. The main thing is you played in Queensland, where your record is pretty absurd.

And, no, it isn‘t a question of it applying as HGA, I’m simply making the observation that you have a great record in Queensland, especially at Metricon. I myself used to think that it was because you’ve only played s**t teams over there for the last decade, but this year proved it really is your home away from home, like us with Adelaide Oval. Also, your comparison ignores the fact I’m referring to sustained performance over many years, not just a single season - as such, it doesn’t apply.

Pretty impressive how Brisbane have largely avoided too much criticism. Second year in a row they finished top 2 and didn't reach the Grand Final. Need to convert those opportunities a little better.

LULZA drawing Geelong in a grand final over even any final is pretty much a guarantee to progress these days. Going on a decade since their last salute yet they’ve made the finals every year since.
Just making up the numbers as finals bunny these days.
West Coast drew Geelong in a final last year and were duly flogged.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back