If 7 straight games at the MCG leading into finals is an advantage....

Rich01

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Play us in Perth like you were supposed to and you don't make the top 4. Simple.
Im not sure why the true be all of a season is playing West Coast in Perth. It seems kinda self-indulgent.

I could use the same thinking and say that if West Coast played us in Melb instead of WA in 2018 they wouldn’t have made top two and wouldn’t have won the flag as a result. But I’m not that insecure.

It’s a really strange way to try to de-legitimise a flag, and I’m still bemused by the time and effort some West Coast fans are investing into the exercise. Entertaining nonetheless.

HAPPY BUDDHA

🤣🤣🤣
10k Posts
Oct 2, 2018
Scarborough
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth Royals
He's not? Who is then? Please, enlighten us....
B0371974-0496-4DAD-88B1-AC747FA1CAF6.jpeg

Lsta062

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 15, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea, LA Lakers, Western United
Well the fact that you got the 7th hardest draw out of any team before COVID heat.

Weak as piss and puts the 'Fix' in fixturing.

Obvious to everyone other than tigger fans it seems.
We had double-ups against GWS (runner-up), Collingwood (PF), West Coast (SF), Adelaide (11th) and Carlton (16th). That is in line with what a reigning Premier gets (3 from the top 6, 1 from mid-table and 1 from the bottom 6).

You know what’s obvious? It seems that most of the West Coast fans in this thread are trying so hard to find an excuse why Richmond won the Premierships that they did. You hid behind the MCG thing for years, hid behind travelling interstate, hid behind playing 7 MCG games in a row and are left exposed this season with nothing to hide behind. Fact is we:
- had MCG games only against MCG tenants + Carlton
- only 5 Victorian games all up
- spent no more than 3 rounds in one state after Round 5.
- played in SA, QLD, NSW, NT and VIC
- travelled interstate in front of a hostile crowd in the PF.
- a non-Victorian Grand Final
And still won the Premiership.

West Coast however:
- got on a plane to go interstate only two times for the entire season (Round 2 and Round 14).
- had 8 Optus Oval games all up, 7 of which were against travelling sides.
- played in only 2 states (WA and QLD).
And didn’t even win a final that was played in WA.

Richmond had a rougher fixture than West Coast this season but where is West Coast’s Premiership? Advantage is what some of your supporters have been complaining about and when your team got it relative to Victorians they did nothing with it. In fact, they let a Victorian kick them out first week.

The reality is that the best team in a season does not need excuses to make themselves feel better. They let the results do that by making their own advantage with what they have got (like Richmond and Geelong in QLD compared to West Coast in QLD). This league will never be equal in every facet of the game with the teams that are currently in the league, so I think it’s time to move on from the whole “bias” and “FIXture” complaints.

YeOldTiger

67-69-73-74-80-17-19-20
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers, Glenelg Tigers
BWAHHAAHAhaha the “fake grand final” for the COVID-CUP in a season with more asterisks and question marks hovering over it than a Carlton FC salary cap review. 🤣🤣😂🤣🤣
Such a crap comp this year and yet you STILL bombed in the finals. According to your logic it should have been a stroll in the park. Lol

YeOldTiger

67-69-73-74-80-17-19-20
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
We had double-ups against GWS (runner-up), Collingwood (PF), West Coast (SF), Adelaide (11th) and Carlton (16th). That is in line with what a reigning Premier gets (3 from the top 6, 1 from mid-table and 1 from the bottom 6).

You know what’s obvious? It seems that most of the West Coast fans in this thread are trying so hard to find an excuse why Richmond won the Premierships that they did. You hid behind the MCG thing for years, hid behind travelling interstate, hid behind playing 7 MCG games in a row and are left exposed this season with nothing to hide behind. Fact is we:
- had MCG games only against MCG tenants + Carlton
- only 5 Victorian games all up
- spent no more than 3 rounds in one state after Round 5.
- played in SA, QLD, NSW, NT and VIC
- travelled interstate in front of a hostile crowd in the PF.
- a non-Victorian Grand Final
And still won the Premiership.

West Coast however:
- got on a plane to go interstate only two times for the entire season (Round 2 and Round 14).
- had 8 Optus Oval games all up, 7 of which were against travelling sides.
- played in only 2 states (WA and QLD).
And didn’t even win a final that was played in WA.

Richmond had a rougher fixture than West Coast this season but where is West Coast’s Premiership? Advantage is what some of your supporters have been complaining about and when your team got it relative to Victorians they did nothing with it. In fact, they let a Victorian kick them out first week.

The reality is that the best team in a season does not need excuses to make themselves feel better. They let the results do that by making their own advantage with what they have got (like Richmond and Geelong in QLD compared to West Coast in QLD). This league will never be equal in every facet of the game with the teams that are currently in the league, so I think it’s time to move on from the whole “bias” and “FIXture” complaints.
Absolutely correct. Also Star Wars theme was playing the whole time I was reading that.

Lsta062

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 15, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea, LA Lakers, Western United
Play us in Perth like you were supposed to and you don't make the top 4. Simple.
West Coast are not the non-Victorian barometer. Meaning, they aren’t the most difficult team to play from the non-Victorian sides. In 2020, Brisbane and Port Adelaide were the tougher teams and we played both of them at their home ground. In 2019, Brisbane and GWS were the tougher teams and we played both of them at their home ground.

Whether we played West Coast in Perth or not isn’t as big of a deal as you think it is because we still played the best non-Victorians at their home ground.

Barry_Badrinath

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 23, 2011
Bathing in Premiership Glory
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Grand Finals at the Gabba

Yes because I’m sure every other game would’ve played out exactly the same if the schedule stayed the same. Richmond would’ve been 11-4-1 across the other 16 games even though they were all at different grounds and we’ll ignore the other 5 extra games.

Barry_Badrinath

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 23, 2011
Bathing in Premiership Glory
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Grand Finals at the Gabba
West Coast are not the non-Victorian barometer. Meaning, they aren’t the most difficult team to play from the non-Victorian sides. In 2020, Brisbane and Port Adelaide were the tougher teams and we played both of them at their home ground. In 2019, Brisbane and GWS were the tougher teams and we played both of them at their home ground.

Whether we played West Coast in Perth or not isn’t as big of a deal as you think it is because we still played the best non-Victorians at their home ground.

West Coast still think they’re the benchmark and it’s embarrassing. It’s not 2018 anymore.

Sep 26, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
Richmond
I ask because the record shows that the Gabba is basically your home away from home, so it‘s blatantly bullshit to say that the ground and travel doesn’t factor in at all. Would Richmond have won the GF against us in Perth? What about against Geelong at Simonds Stadium? Arguably your greatest win this year was against Port at Adelaide Oval, but, considering they’re the biggest chokers of all time, I found that result hardly surprising.

Here's the ultimate salty girl. "My team didn't get a fair go." Let me make up some bullshit arguments....

I love this stuff please keep it coming!!

Weren’t even good enough to beat us at a neutral venue. Without your home ground advantage, you guys are nothing. And you’re desperation and defence of “hur dur, play us in Perf” highlights that. Richmond played in 5 states last season, eagles 3. And you had a run of 8 games at your home ground and a home final to start of with and still blew it. Enjoy the bradbury 18 flag.

Keep 'em coming. Like bees to a honeypot.

Yes, it's amazing how the tears of weagles fans can be both sweet and salty at the same time.

Hurr durr we beat Collingwood in a grand final in Melbourne, something you crayon eaters seem to struggle with.
Ouch. 😎

Enjoy your Bradbury flag mate. Just lucky you got the pies and not us or it would of been 4 straight flags. How'd you guys go against us in a total neutral venue of no home ground advantage?

YeOldTiger

67-69-73-74-80-17-19-20
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Hurr durr we beat Collingwood in a grand final in Melbourne, something you crayon eaters seem to struggle with.
Ouch. 😎
Since 1958 EVERYONE has beaten Collingwood in Grand Finals at the MCG. So much so it was called the Colliwobbles for fifty years. Theyve won TWO in 62 years lol so it's a meh flag and even then you fell in by under a goal because of one great kick.

Boston tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2010
Where it all began
AFL Club
Richmond
Ouch.

History is certainly judging the 2018 premiership as the one Richmond didn't win. Which is a bit unfair on you guys as you can only beat who is in front you and it really shouldn’t be all about Richmond but I guess it’s the era we live in.

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
History is certainly judging the 2018 premiership as the one Richmond didn't win. Which is a bit unfair on you guys as you can only beat who is in front you and it really shouldn’t be all about Richmond but I guess it’s the era we live in.
A like for the understated and nuanced arrogance of this post

A like for the understated and nuanced arrogance of this post

Read the thread.

Even weagles fans seem to think the most noteworthy result from that year was Richmond losing the PF.

Chunky09

Premiership Player
Jul 8, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Who said the mines in WA will be on the decline in years to come?
We can mine salt from west coast supporters from this website for decades......... petty kents

Back