If 7 straight games at the MCG leading into finals is an advantage....

Remove this Banner Ad

db26

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2007
Punt road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa,A-league
Eagles 2 years in a row choked top 4 opportunities that is the real issue here there living in fairy land play us in Perth etc yet they couldn't even win against a limping pies side this year and same previous year was it against the dons at home.

HAPPY BUDDHA

🤣🤣🤣
10k Posts
Oct 2, 2018
Scarborough
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth Royals
Enjoy your Bradbury flag mate. Just lucky you got the pies and not us or it would of been 4 straight flags. How'd you guys go against us in a total neutral venue of no home ground advantage?
Since 1958 EVERYONE has beaten Collingwood in Grand Finals at the MCG. So much so it was called the Colliwobbles for fifty years. Theyve won TWO in 62 years lol so it's a meh flag and even then you fell in by under a goal because of one great kick.
History is certainly judging the 2018 premiership as the one Richmond didn't win. Which is a bit unfair on you guys as you can only beat who is in front you and it really shouldn’t be all about Richmond but I guess it’s the era we live in.
C’mon now fellas, let’s not forget that Collingwood just didn’t beat you in that prelim, they spanked the living s**t out of you. 🥲

But But But gastro... awwww

Ok Boomer

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jul 27, 2015
South West
AFL Club
West Coast
I thought that the constant search for validation was funny in 2017, but three years later??

It must be tough living with this amount of insecurity. 30 years of supporting the punching bag of the competition has left some deep psychological scars.

Genghis Tron

HBF
Koala Light vs Dark Charity Match Gumbies FFC - Sweet F.A.
Apr 6, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Void
I thought that the constant search for validation was funny in 2017, but three years later??

It must be tough living with this amount of insecurity. 30 years of supporting the punching bag of the competition has left some deep psychological scars.
Yeah.

this season was more fixed than ever, every game was played out like a theatrical production. taking it seriously and trying to use statistics to prove something from last year wrong is obscene.
So you're saying that Port winning the minor premiership was a fix?
I tend to agree with you in that the massive advantages Port got over much of the rest of the comp probably did result in them performing artificially well.
Would you agree that the AFL trying to fix, as you say, the game in favour of non Vic clubs was a failure? In the end the cream still rose to the top.

There are other examples. It was even admitted that the multiple rule changes introduced in 2019 were designed to "bring Richmond back to the field". That didn't work out so well. Again, the cream rose to the top and the best team won. Back to Back.
In my opinion, the AFL should stop trying to ring in rule changes. It could also improve the integrity of the comp by allowing all teams to play all of their home games at their own home ground in the H&A season if they so choose. I'd love to see my club be treated like Port in that respect.

HAPPY BUDDHA

🤣🤣🤣
10k Posts
Oct 2, 2018
Scarborough
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth Royals

Solid post. Probably more security at a Hollywood rehab clinic than Punt Road.

“Oh wait, there’s a injection room just beyond the fence there ors...”

Hurr durr we beat Collingwood in a grand final in Melbourne, something you crayon eaters seem to struggle with.
Ouch. 😎
As a dyed in the wool crayon eater (although I prefer to snort them), I thought your 2018 premiership was just great. It still brings a s**t eating grin to my face whenever I think about it.

Bicko

Team Captain
Nov 11, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Gotta love the great unwashed, so easy to reel in.
Lol, so now you were just trolling after getting owned by Lsta.
1607070804435.gif

May 2, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Lol, so now you were just trolling after getting owned by Lsta.
View attachment 1022740
Who?

Yours is the first person quoting me I've bothered to read btw. Props to the lengthy paragraphs some others wrote I noticed as I skimmed through briefly.

Besides, it's off-season. Nothing better to do than rile up supporters of the reigning premier.

Pity it's been the same boring mob 3 out of the past 4 years though.

Coolangatta

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 27, 2007
Western Australia
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It shouldn't be possible to have 7 straight games at the MCG leading into finals because the first 17 rounds should be everyone playing each other once, followed by the last 5 rounds where teams play each other in a reverse fixture based on ranking (i.e. 1 v 2, 1 v 3, 9 v 10, 9 v 11) etc. Alternatively, have a derby round in round 18 or 22 and have four reverse fixtures based on rankings.

Bicko

Team Captain
Nov 11, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Who?

Yours is the first person quoting me I've bothered to read btw. Props to the lengthy paragraphs some others wrote I noticed as I skimmed through briefly.

Besides, it's off-season. Nothing better to do than rile up supporters of the reigning premier.

Pity it's been the same boring mob 3 out of the past 4 years though.
1607071226297.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boston tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2010
Where it all began
AFL Club
Richmond
You sour campaigner. Even you must admit 7 games at home leading into the finals is a bit wrong.

Otherwise you’re not a true Tiger, even more less of a true footy fan.

You are a tiger

It was a horrible draw. It’s the type that gets lesser teams coaches sacked mid season. But we can make any draw look good.
Anyway sook away

C’mon now fellas, let’s not forget that Collingwood just didn’t beat you in that prelim, they spanked the living sh*t out of you. 🥲

But But But gastro... awwww

There there little fella, you’re a good boy. Enjoy the bradbury (CB17 ruffles Bhuddas hair and walks away to talk to the adults).......

Like the scars of sad little eagles who can’t win away from Perth?

Big deal, it’s done now. Shouldn’t happen again tho. 7 straight is a farce. Even the most true Tiger will admit that.

Yeah, just like the unfair draw we had for the first 14 rounds shouldn’t occur either.

Back