If 7 straight games at the MCG leading into finals is an advantage....

Remove this Banner Ad

So the argument is that Richmond had an advantage because they played a couple of very good teams at a neutral ground rather than the opposition having a clear home ground advantage?

It is worth noting the West Coast had played at Metricon just as much as Richmond during the H&A season. The only advantage is that Richmond had a half day break over West Coast (Richmond had played against Essendon in the Northern Territory and had to travel a by plane back thus eliminating the 'travel' advantage).

You forget, according the weagles fans, it's only 'fair' if WCE has a clear advantage.

Even in the Covid year you barely travelled.......

We played in 4 states & 1 territory, only 4 games on our home ground for the year, none with home ground advantage.

How about you?

Last edited:

Which part of my post is wrong?

What part of anything you have posted has been correct all year? Honestly your posting reads like an emotional 13 year old girls diary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even in the Covid year you barely travelled.......

Guess whose team played the same number of games at Metricon but only traveled 3 states and had an 8 game leg at their home ground?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tigers & thier supporters are fine.

2020 not many other teams would have huffed & puffed about other than Port, & funny enough they got somewhat rorted by the umps in the prelim against you guys.

Eagles needed to win in rounded 21 2019, it wasnt to be. WC finish top 2 & they always make GF. Strongest 2 teams of 2018 should have played twice in 19, no dilly dally.

7 games in a row at the MCG to finish season on way to playing most games there aswell is bull shizzle, nuff said.

Lions had no chance against a confidence filled Richmond, not many do, but Eagles would have come finals.

The round 22 loss v Hawks.... We were spent after the Tigers & couldnt make top 2. Sammy Mitchell knew our tricks as he helped develope them.

2018 was so epic, our flops these last 2 years.... Not so bad. Dommy Sheed statue will be awesome.

Such a shame couldnt have a Tigers/Eagles 2019 Granny. Odds on your side but WC had it in them to take you. Footy gods are funny that way.

Such a shame couldnt have a Tigers/Eagles 2019 Granny. Odds on your side but WC had it in them to take you. Footy gods are funny that way.

Except the Eagles weren't good enough to make it past the team we beat in the prelim.

Except the Eagles weren't good enough to make it past the team we beat in the prelim.

Many Eagles fans keep thinking what ifs and are generally happy being mediocre. We have failed miserably with no excuses for two seasons. I for one wish we had the heart and desire the tigers have to succeed.
We got lots of money though, somehow that is important to some.

Many Eagles fans keep thinking what ifs and are generally happy being mediocre. We have failed miserably with no excuses for two seasons. I for one wish we had the heart and desire the tigers have to succeed.

Well done look exactly what's the real problem deeply in your side not saying could have, should have if's and buts or blaming other sides etc.

Well done look exactly what's the real problem deeply in your side not saying could have, should have if's and buts or blaming other sides etc.

Well as fans we can't do much about it, the club needs to address it. But i get the feeling they are happy just going along as they are with the understanding there are 10 or more clubs that would love to be in their position.
That don't win you flags though and ultimately that is all footy is about. Winning flags. I honestly believe the Eagles since they started should of won 6-8 flags by now, 4 is great but it is an underachievement with the lists we have had.

Well as fans we can't do much about it, the club needs to address it. But i get the feeling they are happy just going along as they are with the understanding there are 10 or more clubs that would love to be in their position.
That don't win you flags though and ultimately that is all footy is about. Winning flags. I honestly believe the Eagles since they started should of won 6-8 flags by now, 4 is great but it is an underachievement with the lists we have had.

It's Bigfooty & the off season, theres no harm in dribbling a bit of shizz lol. Tigers are excellent & WC have definitely under acheived over the years with the teams we had....

Still broken record haha. 2019 Tigers run home was an awesome prezzy by the AFL &the teams should of played twice due to supposed equality measures in recent years.

Most people agree its just harder for the Perth teams with the travel. Dont need to hear about the Lions. They were killa when they had thier merged team & concessions & have only somewhat pulled it together recently. Footy these days is a lesser spectacle & the quality of teams has diminished since the expansion clubs no doubt. Bitchs like Tom Lynch & Jeremy Cameron are examples of expansion waste of time & you cant even blame them. Cats would of romped in so many more flags if Gazza didnt bail on them & odds on there wouldnt be the debat in the other thread about dynasties

It's Bigfooty & the off season, theres no harm in dribbling a bit of shizz lol. Tigers are excellent & WC have definitely under acheived over the years with the teams we had....

Still broken record haha. 2019 Tigers run home was an awesome prezzy by the AFL &the teams should of played twice due to supposed equality measures in recent years.

Most people agree its just harder for the Perth teams with the travel. Dont need to hear about the Lions. They were killa when they had thier merged team & concessions & have only somewhat pulled it together recently. Footy these days is a lesser spectacle & the quality of teams has diminished since the expansion clubs no doubt. Bitchs like Tom Lynch & Jeremy Cameron are examples of expansion waste of time & you cant even blame them. Cats would of romped in so many more flags if Gazza didnt bail on them & odds on there wouldnt be the debat in the other thread about dynasties

Its all just excuses for not performing. We had Richmond on toast in 2019 yet couldn’t maintain it because we fell away once they applied the pressure back. Who’s fault is that? We then proceeded to gift another side a top 4 finish because we didn’t come to play against Hawthorn in the final round. Who’s fault is that?
Forget about other sides, we have had our destiny in our own hands the last two seasons and failed mentally both years.
Stop looking for excuses and accept it for what it is, our group are not hungry, not ruthless and very suspect against any type of pressure. This is all simply WCE stuff and continually looking the other way and trying to find excuses is just being in denial.
The talent is there, the methods, the message and the players will to succeed are very much in question.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In 2019 Tigers interstate games should have been split up more evenly, you were a killa team of the previous 2 years. & God all mighty you should have played WC twice, the 2018 premiers, once in Perth (farkin come on!). You only barely had our measure twice at the MCG in 17 & 19, & got your pants pulled down in Perth in 18 (Dusty fend offs put to shame by Yeo).

Tigers are slick but not that great. I'll take being there to see Dom Sheeds immortal technique forever iconic best & most important goal ever over your 17 & 19 snorefests. 2020..... Meh Corona Wars lol

The best team of the previous 2 years gets to play 7 games at home before finals. Dont all vic teams play around 6 away games now? Come on mang honestly why didnt you guys play us in Perth that year? WC supporters go on about it because of the significance of that game & how important it is for eagles to finish top 2. The next week against the Hawks we were spent. I mentioned 17 because we were so disadvantaged in stock at tje time. 17 Tigers lost to a bumch of teams, MCG factpr just helped that much for a team improving with a mad legion of success starved Tigger fans lol. Regardless..... Immortal Technique Sheed Best Grand Final Goal will be remembered more than your itchy scrot grand final wins v crows & giants bish

Didn't say that, said they could have had it more difficult. The OP's post is to say how hard Richmond had it and I'm saying they could have had it harder.

1607671566830.png

Tigers are slick but not that great.

Well said, spot on. Richmond are the not-that-great three-time premiers.

s-l500.png

If we can pinch one more, we'll be level with that other club - after 35 years of s**t!

Tigers & thier supporters are fine.

2020 not many other teams would have huffed & puffed about other than Port, & funny enough they got somewhat rorted by the umps in the prelim against you guys.

Eagles needed to win in rounded 21 2019, it wasnt to be. WC finish top 2 & they always make GF. Strongest 2 teams of 2018 should have played twice in 19, no dilly dally.

7 games in a row at the MCG to finish season on way to playing most games there aswell is bull shizzle, nuff said.

Lions had no chance against a confidence filled Richmond, not many do, but Eagles would have come finals.

The round 22 loss v Hawks.... We were spent after the Tigers & couldnt make top 2. Sammy Mitchell knew our tricks as he helped develope them.

2018 was so epic, our flops these last 2 years.... Not so bad. Dommy Sheed statue will be awesome.

Hmmmm. As a biased supporter, I recall the prelim umps awarding free kicks against the tigers for deliberate out of bounds earlier in the game. Port used this free possession to impact their scoreboard. It was those " What Tha" decisions that set the standard for the Lambert free. Umps interpretations for the entire match was at best unique.

I think Eagles supporters grossly underestimate just how much enjoyment Richmond fans actually derived from seeing West Coast beat Collingwood in the 2018 GF. It was truly magnificent. And yeah, sure, it interrupted our run at a 4-peat, but tbh watching the Eagles take care of the Pies in the way they did was the next best thing. I just wish the incessant whining from all those other numpties when someone else wins it would stop - it's seriously demeaning to your great footy club.

I think Eagles supporters grossly underestimate just how much enjoyment Richmond fans actually derived from seeing West Coast beat Collingwood in the 2018 GF. It was truly magnificent. And yeah, sure, it interrupted our run at a 4-peat, but tbh watching the Eagles take care of the Pies in the way they did was the next best thing. I just wish the incessant whining from all those other numpties when someone else wins it would stop - it's seriously demeaning to your great footy club.

I think deep down mate it’s just a bit of banter and jealousy. I for one who sort of followed the Tigers as a kid have been wrapped to see you guys win 3 of the last 4. Clearly others don’t but that’s ok.
The only thing I really agree with is that I think the Tigers and Eagles should of played twice every year the last 3 years. And that could apply to any clubs in where I think the AFL gets it wrong. Once two clubs climb-up the top part of the ladder it should a no brainer fir the AFL to say those two sides will play twice every year until one of them starts the tumble down.
Would it of changed the result in those years? Not in my book.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back