If Australia continues to be managed by Dutchmen after Verbeek...

Remove this Banner Ad

The Riddler

Team Captain
Mar 6, 2009
Gotham City
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory, Lincoln City, Trier
...Brett Holman will end up one of the most capped players in our history.

Brett Holman.

It's frightening.

3-0 against a crap rabble.

Good win, but nothing for anyone to start getting their rocks off to.

Sterner tests lay ahead.

That outplayed the World Cup holders a little while ago in a World Cup qualifier and (depending on the playoff draw) a big chance to qualify. I'd kill to have Robbie Keane.

Holman is a complete passenger though, I agree.

That outplayed the World Cup holders a little while ago in a World Cup qualifier and (depending on the playoff draw) a big chance to qualify. I'd kill to have Robbie Keane.

Holman is a complete passenger though, I agree.

When Italy had a player sent of for a foul in the 4th or 5th minute IIRC it makes it hard to actually kill of any kind of team. Ireland are no hacks, but to take that game as a reason they are a solid unit is a tiny sample size and really should be expanded upon...

Also, they still have a big game in Dublin vs Italy to go, win that and they could get the direct spot. Lose it and they could still almost get caught by Bulgaria or Cyprus AFAIK...

hey bus any idea why kewell was getting so many boo's are there lots of liverpool fans in limerick? (or maybe leeds fans)

On holman it is a bit of a mystery how hes made a career, the step on ball trick he did when kewell put him through was gold, unfortunately if cahill gets injured hes our next best option.

When Italy had a player sent of for a foul in the 4th or 5th minute IIRC it makes it hard to actually kill of any kind of team. Ireland are no hacks, but to take that game as a reason they are a solid unit is a tiny sample size and really should be expanded upon...

Also, they still have a big game in Dublin vs Italy to go, win that and they could get the direct spot. Lose it and they could still almost get caught by Bulgaria or Cyprus AFAIK...

that is very true i did watch that game but i will say this they have a very good coach in trappatoni and are a much better side than what they were before he took over the reigns i would put them at the same level as australia

Loved how they were prattling on about how he has played a lot more with AZ this season, than he did in their title-winning campaign last season.

AZ have started the season in awful fashion, dropping points left right and centre.

Having seen far more of him than I'd like, I'm willing to blame Holman entirely. He's ****ing terrible.

Does he seriously get paid for playing football? What does he actually contribute, besides giving the ball away frequently, running down blind alleys, and spraying efforts on goal back into Row ZZ.

Absolutely hopeless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i think his poor final touch and decision making was emphasized a bit more than normal because we had so few numbers going forward, thats where the real problem was neill and moore were practically camped on the 6 yard box and seemed happy to do it.

ive had a constant rage building up whenever i watch him. he infuriates me. knew that ball was going nowhere near goal when he got it at the end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back