If Big Footy posters were in charge at the Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

WallyStringhaus

Club Legend
Aug 27, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The mood is a bit down around here this week so I thought we could have some fun. Thread title says it all, here are mine;

President: Dogwatch - Wise and articulate. He has a broad view of the game as a whole but always has the Doggies at the forefront of his thoughts. No-brainer appointment, elected unopposed.

CEO: Fossie32 - A few candidates here but Fos gets the nod due to his penchant for numbers. Chosen due to his promise to sign up 54,016 members in his first 89 days in charge.

GM of Football: Mofra - Has the rare ability to maintain excellence and consistency across multiple departments. Can be serious when he needs to but can also lighten the mood with humour, essential in a leadership role.

List Manager: Fronkalicious - Has a presence about him, a bit of swagger which I like in key negotiators. Is shrewd and calculating and will always extract as much as he possibly can.

National Recruiting Manager: Wizard17 - The best identifier of young talent in the game.

Strength and Conditioning: ScragCity - Has stated openly that he would allow the players, much to Issy Folau's chagrin, to fornicate with his wife. The boys should be in prime physical condition after Scrag is done with them.

Dietician: Chicago1 - The board's resident culinary expert. After scoffing down on Souvlaki, Pizza and Dim Sims, Tim English will finally crack the 100kg mark (keeping Yojimbo happy). In an unrelated occurrence, Timmy suffers a mass heart attack at age 34.

Head Coach: Charlie Bucket - Views the game well, stays calm after a loss and doesn't get too over the top after a win.

Asst Coach: Brisdog - Has a bit of campaigner about him which I love. Will have the boys breathing fire before they get out on the ground. Will also ensure that no Cider is consumed on the end of year footy trip.

Oppo Analyst: Yojimbo - Can come up with some obscure numbers and knows more about secondary leagues than anyone in the country.

Video editor: Sack of Balls - 'nuff said.

Club Marketing: Norm De Guerre - Artistic without being w***erish. Has a cool vibe that appeals to the young and old alike.

Have I missed anyone? Who makes your team?

Haha, nice one.

I'm concerned about the gender imbalance, Wal. Not even a token female in fact. Maybe DrB gets the gig as AFLW coach? Could do with Curly5 or Kermit on the Board. We also need some voices of dissent (better on the inside pissing out etc) so other Board members could include MD, BRWB and Hard Ball Get (umpire liaison).

Maybe have Mutt on the legal team.

Deeply offended on behalf of Dogs_r_barking , NBates , Kermit and myself, probably others, that there is not even a token female on your "board".

Boys' club :mad:

Never fear, Bodicifer is here! Kate Upton, who is a proud supporter of the Dogs, phoned this morning and has accepted the position I offered her. Unfortunately I'm banned from posting photos of Kate 'showing her support'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I were in charge of list management Lachie Hunter would be at Geelong and we’d have Josh Walker in our forward line. Whoops a daisy.

Haha, nice one.

I'm concerned about the gender imbalance, Wal. Not even a token female in fact. Maybe DrB gets the gig as AFLW coach? Could do with Curly5 or Kermit on the Board. We also need some voices of dissent (better on the inside pi**ing out etc) so other Board members could include MD, BRWB and Hard Ball Get (umpire liaison).

Maybe have Mutt on the legal team.

Legit question

Do we have any females on this board? I’m sure we have some but they haven’t made their gender obvious which of course they have no need to

Legit question

Do we have any females on this board? I’m sure we have some but they haven’t made their gender obvious which of course they have no need to
PG said at the mid-year Q&A event that by the end of the year AGM (presumably when some current directors step down on completion of their term) we will have 50% female representation, the first club in the AFL to do so. Pretty sure they also said it wasn't a specific goal to be 50-50, but they're pleased that it has worked out that way.

New appointments include Simon Garlick, Linda Fitzpatrick and Belinda Duarte. Duarte in particular is an interesting one - she was AFL Woman of the Year in 2012. It's expected she will be a strong supporter of our push to engage indigenous players and supporters but I'm not sure if that's actually a formal role. You will not be pleased to learn that she's from Ballarat!

Here's a relevant link but it doesn't list all Board members:

The 2018 yearbook lists the following as Directors:
  • Ameet Bains
  • Matthew Croft
  • Mark Evans
  • Fiona McGauchie
  • Chris Nolan
  • Jenni Rechter
  • Lev Shevki
Plus Peter Gordon (Pres) and Kylie Watson-Wheeler (VP) of course.

Some of those names are new to me so I can't tell you much about them.

I thought Chris Grant was a director. Is that no longer the case (or is Director of Football not a Board position but a job title)?
Dunno. He's not listed as such but there could be some ex officio positions on the Board.

PG said at the mid-year Q&A event that by the end of the year AGM (presumably when some current directors step down on completion of their term) we will have 50% female representation, the first club in the AFL to do so. Pretty sure they also said it wasn't a specific goal to be 50-50, but they're pleased that it has worked out that way.

New appointments include Simon Garlick, Linda Fitzpatrick and Belinda Duarte. Duarte in particular is an interesting one - she was AFL Woman of the Year in 2012. It's expected she will be a strong supporter of our push to engage indigenous players and supporters but I'm not sure if that's actually a formal role. You will not be pleased to learn that she's from Ballarat!

Here's a relevant link but it doesn't list all Board members:

The 2018 yearbook lists the following as Directors:
  • Ameet Bains
  • Matthew Croft
  • Mark Evans
  • Fiona McGauchie
  • Chris Nolan
  • Jenni Rechter
  • Lev Shevki
Plus Peter Gordon (Pres) and Kylie Watson-Wheeler (VP) of course.

Some of those names are new to me so I can't tell you much about them.
I think MD meant the Big Footy board DW...not the actual doggies BOD...

I think MD meant the Big Footy board DW...not the actual doggies BOD...
Seems so. It just didn't occur to me that he could be posting here for 6 years and not know that we had females here. So I presumed when he said "legit question" he was talking about the WB Board.

Back to comprehension classes for me!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back