If Big Footy posters were in charge at the Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

How do people even know this stuff about each other? For all anyone knows, I could be crippled, Hispanic, transgender or a billionaire, just like any number of other users. Genuinely never seen anyone mention their gender at all on this board, and I've been around a fair while (since before I made this account)

Que?

Apologies to the ladies but I have no idea who is male or female on this board. Surely that excuses me?

How do people even know this stuff about each other? For all anyone knows, I could be crippled, Hispanic, transgender or a billionaire, just like any number of other users. Genuinely never seen anyone mention their gender at all on this board, and I've been around a fair while (since before I made this account)

You two need to pay more attention :). We've all been around here longer than you :). It might seem like a boys-only club, but there are plenty of female readers, if not posters.

Well, Curly5 , maybe if you'd stop by and post a bit more, then there would be no question that you're female. :D

darklake is a female. She could be the assistant dietician. You don't expect me to cook(order from Uber Eats) for everyone by myself, do you?
Chicago1, you know I'm female, we've been forum buddies since last century!

You two need to pay more attention :). We've all been around here longer than you :). It might seem like a boys-only club, but there are plenty of female readers, if not posters.

Have to be honest, I've never even seen you comment before haha

Never really seen gender as anything relevant here. I don't assume everyone here is male, don't assume any ages, religions or whatever. It's all just blank faces to me

I just never see people mention much about their personal lives. Probably the only thing I recall is that chicago1 was a teacher at some point :p

Have to be honest, I've never even seen you comment before haha

Never really seen gender as anything relevant here. I don't assume everyone here is male, don't assume any ages, religions or whatever. It's all just blank faces to me

I just never see people mention much about their personal lives. Probably the only thing I recall is that chicago1 was a teacher at some point :p
I mainly stick to the competitions these days, - you may have noticed me in the Pieman :p

I mainly stick to the competitions these days, - you may have noticed me in the Pieman :p
Oh that's probably why - I don't open the Pieman/tipping threads at all. It's like there's two different worlds on this board :eek:

Of course I do, Curly. I'm not that senile yet. Didn't you post on the old Bulldogs board and then came here? I think you were the one who told me about BF or maybe it was localyokel. Wasn't the Doggies board closed and some of us drifted here? Good times. I shall never forgive you for not flying down for that Geelong match I went to in May 2002 on my first visit back. I think both Mo and Larry were there. I went with a few other BF posters like PC28 and sigscotty and Guido. What a great time I had during that visit. That was part of the reason I had planned on returning to Melbourne in Jan 2003. Unfortunately home circumstances changed that in Dec 2002.

At least Virgin Dog knows who I am! That should count for something, right? ;)

Oh that's probably why - I don't open the Pieman/tipping threads at all. It's like there's two different worlds on this board :eek:
Back when I first started to post most of us also posted on the Main Board. It was much easier to keep track of people then because of the low membership. There are many stories that could be told about the early years of BF and the characters that made this site so interesting. It was my footy lifeline when I lived in the states.

And positions for an attack helicopter?
Seems so. It just didn't occur to me that he could be posting here for 6 years and not know that we had females here. So I presumed when he said "legit question" he was talking about the WB Board.

Back to comprehension classes for me!
Although your post gave me a good chuckle yesterday when i read it, especially given you had posted earlier in the thread, i was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and claim you a genius, as the subsequent posts turned this thread on its head. Your fine work has been undone, but your efforts shall not be forgotten! :cool:

Oppo Analyst: Yojimbo - Can come up with some obscure numbers and knows more about secondary leagues than anyone in the country.
Opposition Analyst is kind of vaguely familiar to me, can I sit in on the match committee meetings I
need a laugh "Home And Away" has become so serious lately.

Got a role for you WallyStringhaus you can be the M.L.H.G.A coach, the Make Lachie Hunter Great
Again coach although you could argue through statistical analysis that he was never great in the
first place. ;)

Opposition Analyst is kind of vaguely familiar to me, can I sit in on the match committee meetings I
need a laugh "Home And Away" has become so serious lately.

Got a role for you WallyStringhaus you can be the M.L.H.G.A coach, the Make Lachie Hunter Great
Again coach although you could argue through statistical analysis that he was never great in the
first place. ;)

It's even worse than the Gameday thread here when we're losing. Irene has really dug a hole for herself. Ryder and Raffy make me want to cry. Poor, Ben. His entire family is jinxed. Is Tori OK? And how is Jett doing? I worry ever so much about him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's even worse than the Gameday thread here when we're losing. Irene has really dug a hole for herself. Ryder and Raffy make me want to cry. Poor, Ben. His entire family is jinxed. Is Tori OK? And how is Jett doing? I worry ever so much about him.
We could use Irene at CHB she is a beast!

I actually met Curly5 at a BF supporters forum many years ago, doubt she’d remember me though. There was an offer through here to give feedback to the club, and we ended up in offices in Albert Park, with Smorgo apparently upstairs viewing/listening to our feedback. Was about 8-10 of us BF posters, but many of them don’t post here anymore - and as a thank you we got to go into the rooms before the home game against Freo soon after when Rohde was coach - we got absolutely smashed, but I met Chris Anstey, and followed him up the race after the players ran out. Rohde’s pre- game address was worse than under age and suburban teams I’ve played in, although interestingly 2 of his assistants at the time were Leon Cameron and Alan Richardson!

Given the prestige and importance of the role, I do worry about your overuse of contractions in the second sentence and would prefer that you deploy rather than imply the personal pronoun "I" in the same.....😆

NW, your use of the ellipsis is an abomination!

It's "..." (3 dots). Not five!

Son, I am disappoint...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back