Opinion If Boomer was still on the list

Who would have gone out for Boomer if he was still on the list?

• Turner

Votes: 21 63.6%
  • Hrovat

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Higgo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Simpkin

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • None, Boomer would be playing for Werribee

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 6, 2006
Hong Kong
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So most of us (me included) had a bit of a sook and a spit when they delisted Boomer. I, like many others, thought he could probably go on for another year playing as a small forward with a pinch-hit in the middle every now and again. Having been through the trade period, the draft and the pre-season comp, we now have a first round squad picked and about to start the real deal. If Boomer was still on our list, who would he replace in the team? As much as I would love to have seen him running around for another year, I'm pretty happy with our small forwards.

Turner- Started to get a bit more of the pill and do some damage on the scoreboard.
Hrovat- Looks very classy up the field and works really hard to get on the end of it.
Higgo- Has become the general at high half forward and adds some flair on the outside.
Simpkin- All class and strong in a contest

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it's been done to death but I still don't get why blooding 25 new faces couldn't have been blooding 24 instead. His form warranted it, and one final year would have meant so much to so many people in what will be a tough season ahead.

I know it's been done to death but I still don't get why blooding 25 new faces couldn't have been blooding 24 instead. His form warranted it, and one final year would have meant so much to so many people in what will be a tough season ahead.

Did you watch last year's GF by chance?

Everything those two teams did in that game is why we were so far behind with that 2016 list.

Unfortunately another year of downhill skiing was on the cards.

Let's hope tomorrow is the start of a new era of frenetic two way playing.

Everything those two teams did in that game is why we were so far behind with that 2016 list.

When you are embarking on what is essentially a rebuild, you can't put demands on 43 players and let one please himself.

Not quite sure our top 5 players were the issue in 2016, of which Boomer was one. He was our second best player in the AFL rankings. He is a legend of the game and was still in form. What young player wouldn't benefit playing alongside him?

If your point extends to it being a mistake that he is now a development coach at the club, then fair enough we are miles away. But to say he wouldn't add anything, but yeah great to still have him around, I don't get that. Especially now with Wells gone.

Not quite sure our top 5 players were the issue in 2016, of which Boomer was one. He was our second best player in the AFL rankings. He is a legend of the game and was still in form. What young player wouldn't benefit playing alongside him?

If your point extends to it being a mistake that he is now a development coach at the club, then fair enough we are miles away. But to say he wouldn't add anything, but yeah great to still have him around, I don't get that. Especially now with Wells gone.

And wats to say it wouldn't have ended in tears in the middle of 2017 with poor form?

Well it's bad luck now ...its done.

Glad he's at the Club...but seriously..move on...its over

And wats to say it wouldn't have ended in tears in the middle of 2017 with poor form?

Well it's bad luck now ...its done.

Glad he's at the Club...but seriously..move on...its over

Hate to say it but it's just starting. It's going to be every 2 bit commentator's go to comment for the 2017 season.

Just clocking up another post to my number. I got value from this thread.

Back