Opinion If Boomer was still on the list

Who would have gone out for Boomer if he was still on the list?

• Turner

Votes: 21 63.6%
  • Hrovat

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Higgo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Simpkin

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • None, Boomer would be playing for Werribee

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Speaking of hypotheticals, what if Buddy had actually gone to GWS?

I'll go you one better.....

Knowing all of the atrocities that he would later wreak upon the world, if you had the chance to kill Billy Joel when he was a baby, would you do it?

I know it's been done to death but I still don't get why blooding 25 new faces couldn't have been blooding 24 instead. His form warranted it, and one final year would have meant so much to so many people in what will be a tough season ahead.
Because JS would have been developing at werribee.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Hate to say it but it's just starting. It's going to be every 2 bit commentator's go to comment for the 2017 season.

Or you could have had Robbo writing a humiliating article in the middle of next week like he has done with Daisy Thomas today on pafe 78 about how North should have retired Boomer or any of the other three.

As Denis would say...stop looking in the rear view mirror son

I'll go you one better.....

Knowing all of the atrocities that he would later wreak upon the world, if you had the chance to kill Billy Joel when he was a baby, would you do it?

And have us miss out on uptown girl? Never!!!!!

Seriously tho this is actually the beginning of a new era.

Whatever you think of Boomer getting sacked - as of this season we are free of the last baggage of the 90s/00s era and everything that followed it. Finally, after 10 years (since the bad days) and 20 since the glory days of the 90s the side is completely new.

There is nothing for these players to look back on and everything to look forward to. The past is in everyone's heads and the future is in their hands.

That Hawthorn game last year said plenty…:huh: unfortunately. Broke the camels back. I wasn't impressed despite Boomer busting his backside for the remaining of the season. I agree that NOT ONE INDIVIDUAL is bigger than the club and despite most of the AFL media throwing North under the bus for this year.. :rolleyes: but heed this fact. At the beginning of the 2002 season, North put the CLUB FIRST (hello *, there's a difference between class and shame)… anyway… North still overcome ADVERSITY and made the Finals (yes, one & done) but we stuck it to the media who gave us BS about No North No Carey.

This list assembled is capable to win 12-13 games IMHO. Boomer had a wonderful career, had his chances but team couldn't stand up as one. It's the new crop of Joey's to take us to the next premiership tilt.

Boomer should still be on our list. Hang your head in shame Scotts and Joyces. :stern look

Need to have FAITH in the new crop… I was thinking like you until late Feb.. then realised, Boomer isn't gonna make much of a difference because 22 players win games, not 15 and 7 passengers. North could of let Boomer go out on his own terms but the BS he dished out against the Hawks really struck a raw and ugly nerve with many including myself. I'd be embarrassed for Boomer/ North if he resorted to such undisciplined tactics = getting dropped would be the ultimate humiliation. That's why North couldn't afford to fudge it anymore. I got it.. my penny dropped. The pre-season form vindicated North's decision to MOVE ON and so should you.

Need to have FAITH in the new crop… I was thinking like you until late Feb.. then realised, Boomer isn't gonna make much of a difference because 22 players win games, not 15 and 7 passengers. North could of let Boomer go out on his own terms but the BS he dished out against the Hawks really struck a raw and ugly nerve with many including myself. I'd be embarrassed for Boomer/ North if he resorted to such undisciplined tactics = getting dropped would be the ultimate humiliation. That's why North couldn't afford to fudge it anymore. I got it.. my penny dropped. The pre-season form vindicated North's decision to MOVE ON and so should you.
I don't think some will ever move on.

You've got Turkeys that can process information and react rationally and Ostriches who stick their heads firmly on the sand who only emerge every now and then to throw the toys out of the cot.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

LOL at the Turkeys critising Boomer's game. Keep on attempting to justify a stupid decision by the club. You know that there are dicks that work at the club that make mistakes? :stern look
It was an inspired decision. We get a whole new generation of players who feel that the onus is solely on them to win games, it had the knock on effect of getting rid of Wells which I think will also pay dividends outside of the pick we got in return for him and we got to keep Boomer at the club in a mentoring role to get the best out of our young guns.
The only turkeys are the ones still gobbling about it...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tumblr_inline_n7smbowsXk1r7ejbg.gif

Back