If Brads contract is extended......

Devil Fish

Brownlow Medallist
May 24, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Socceroos
Imagine the Board comes out and extends Scott’s contract as a “sign of solidarity” to shut down the media........

Roogal

Club Legend
Dec 7, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Ballarat Roosters
I can't see why it would be extended, after all Dean Laidley was more successful during his tenure and he was shown the door. Brad has had ten years and the club's on field performance has steadily deteriorated since 2015 and seemingly collapsed this year. If he cannot deliver some success by 2020 then his contract shouldn't be renewed at the end of next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mouncey2franklin

Club Legend
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I remember being amazed by the previous extension.

Even on this board, which was still largely pro-Brads Scotts at the time, people were pretty bemused by it.

Another extension would take this from large-scale comedy routine into Cirque du Soleil territory.

Lemma

Premiership Player
Jun 4, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Wasn't the story regarding the previous extension because we wanted to show we were a stable club in order to land Dusty? We should have made it conditional on landing Dusty. FUUUUU

Benj7

NMK🦘 4 x 🏆 / ND🇷🇸 17 x 🏆 | 1 x 🥉
Sep 20, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
B0D1844E-5537-4CFF-B598-9A1EFCFAEA06.gif

Ben Buckley to Brad scott
You’reeee FIRRRREEEEEDDDD
(But I said I’m bitterly disappointed)

Boomer29er

The Joker
Dec 18, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wizards, Tottenham, 49ers
I will write several angry emails/letters to the club, expressing my infuriation and temptation to not attend another North game until things change for the better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only Forwards

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 14, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The board would be willingly putting their heads into a noose and they know it.

I mean they've completely misread what is important to supporters but I think their survival instincts have to be stronger than that.

King Corey

Jun 9, 2001
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
I can't see why it would be extended, after all Dean Laidley was more successful during his tenure and he was shown the door. Brad has had ten years and the club's on field performance has steadily deteriorated since 2015 and seemingly collapsed this year. If he cannot deliver some success by 2020 then his contract shouldn't be renewed at the end of next year.
Dean wasn't shown the door though remember. JB talked him out of quitting 6 months earlier and then accepted his resignation 2nd time round.

Our club seems close to incapable of proactively cutting losses.

Top Bottom