If Carlton were smart.....

Remove this Banner Ad

WCE2000

Club Legend
Jul 19, 2000
the pub

they would play Koutifidies at Full Forward this weekend.

They have named him at FF, (but i don't think he would spend to much time down there). But it made me think, who the hell are we going to play on him if he does play down forward??

Do we have anyone tall enough to play on him??
Do we have anyone quick enough to play on him??
Do we have anyone good enough to play on him??

The only player that could match him for height and speed is Carroll, but Carroll will get eaten alive playing on Kouta.

If they do play Kouta at FF, it could be an absolute nightmare.

BTW, the Whitnall/Jako matchup at CHB, is the best match-up Jakovich has had for a while, so hopefully Jako can get some from back.

The only guy in our squad that could take on Kouta is McIntosh bad sadly he aint playing. If they do play him at FF like they have suggested then Carroll must be moved and maybe throw Gaspar onto him??? Throw him in the deep end and see what happens. What about Embly is he tall enough?

TIC

Smart move by Carlton would be to lose against the Eagles to make other clubs feel that they are not real contenders. This false sense of security to be banished as they blitz the final series.

Any chance they may fall for that line? ;)

If Carlton were smart.....nah, ain't gonna happen:p

But seriously, regardless of where they play Kouta we will struggle to beat him. Only way we will win this game is if our midfield fires and delivers the ball to our forwards so much we are bound to score now and again.

Also, great to see the Cummings/Joey combination back together, lets hope they get back into the kind of form they had in 1999, where they kicked 150 or so goals between them.

Play carrol on him
if not that, bring in haynes to play on him, OR embely
haynes is only 2 cm shorter, hes very built and is more than agilie enough, emebely too, hes 1 cm shorter just as agile but i think may not be strong enough.
Carrol sure has improved.
Where are the people that were saying we shouldnt give him a go

Caroll may be tall enough, and may be quick enough.

But he probably wouldn't be skilled enough. But in saying that, he's not just the best option we've got if Kouta goes forward. He's the only option we've got.

Kouta will hurt us wherever he plays, if hes forward we will have nobody to play on him ( milli :( ) and if he plays at CHB which just happens to be the place we fall down, he will cut us up turnover after turnover.

Lets just hope he has a quiet day at the office.

Rowan Jones???

Hasnt Rowan Jones done the job on him before?

But he might not be the best option cos i dont think hes suited to play in the backline if Kouta goes forward

Anyway, Im sure Jones will have a great day tagging either Camporeale, Ratten, Bradley........:rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back