If Damian Barrett wasnt a flog of the highest order...

Remove this Banner Ad

The thing about it that really shits me is the lack of clarity about what he was implying with Boyd in the first place does open up to the thoughts that he could be referring to his mental health. And when it's Barrett of all people writing it, the piece of s**t who has hounded Boyd for the better part of 3 years, who is undoubtedly at least partly at fault for the inordinate amount of pressure put on Boyd, which ultimately had an effect on Boyd's mental wellbeing, it makes it that much worse.
We all enjoy giving s**t to other club supporters, but we've got our fair share of mouth breathers as well, who enjoy what dickheads like Barrett write, and believe every word they say. And the s**t that Boyd has had to go through from not only opposition supporters but our own, is absolutely the saddest part of any of the crap that Barrett writes about our club.

To top it all off, i distinctly remember him saying after the flag that Boyd has paid off his contract with that performance. Well how about you ******* leave him alone for once. I'd hate to go through all the sliding doors articles from the last 2 years and counting how many refer to Boyd and put him down. You'd easily be approaching 15, i reckon.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

At the end of the day...he writes about bevo cause bevo is news...
But no one writes about him..cause no one really cares

Did anyone challenge him on it (Darcy at least?) or was it the regular MMM circle jerk cause he's 'one of the boys'?
Didn't hear most of it. All I know is what I heard then the others saying that dickhead needs to build himself up a bit physically (for the ensuing fight I assume). Darce and Brown just laughing.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Y
The whole episode is a fascinating case study of modern journalism. What's the journalist's objective and what is paramount? Ethics? Readership? Integrity? Advertising? Truth? Feeding frenzy?

I'm OK with us all having different viewpoints and I hope I don't come across as too doctrinaire. It's just my perspective. I suspect it's a bit easier to take an arm's length view as I no longer live in the Melbourne fishbowl. (I note you're based in Canberra too!)

As I said, I think we are united in our opinion of the bloke. Anyway, carry on ...
You become a journalist because deep down, you are nothing but a person who peddles on other people's lives. All they do is pass on information, which anybody can. Hence, it is no longer a profession.

Symptomatic of the shyte football journalist's in this country.

Would be unemployed in the US, UK or amy other country where you actually need to analyze amd support your commentary on the game.

Bottom feeder mouth breather of the highest order

I love the way Barrett is now saying that he was merely making an innocent comment and that Bevo is the callous monster dragging Boyd’s mental state into the equation.

Unfortunately, you can’t win with a bloke like that. He pokes the hornets nest, then cries when he gets stung. I honestly think he’s so narcissistic that he’s actually convinced himself he’s the victim.

I’m not an advocate of violence, but I’d love to see him and Bevo in a square go. It’s the only way some people learn.

I can imagine a cage match where they climb to the top and then Bevo throws him down through the announcers table....except I need to stop imagining because I'm sure Purple is afraid of heights and would never make it to the top of the tower....

Yes you can....in both the American form and the good old Aussie "a-hole" incarnation
The American form is so much more... direct. The Aussie form seems almost like a term of endearment, something I would not equate with Barrett. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The American form is so much more... direct. The Aussie form seems almost like a term of endearment, something I would not equate with Barrett. ;)
Ah, the nuances of regional English. I lived a year in the US and it took a while to get used to the local vernacular. Often the cause of great hilarity. (What's the difference between a bumbag and a fanny pack?)

There's a big difference between:
"He's a great old bastard" and "He's a bastard". One's a term of endearment and respect, the other is scathing. To a visitor they might sound much the same.

I don't see it with a-hole though. It was always vitriolic here in Australia. Maybe that's changed in recent years but not that I've noticed.

For me, arsehole is an expression from a US movie, TV show or sports commentary, so it lacks any force and passion when I hear it used in Australia. I guess it may be different for an under 40 raised in Australia on American pap.

Or is an arsehole a pit where they keep donkeys? I've always been confused by that. And doesn't the bible say something about not coveting them?

It's probably in the delivery....maybe the Aussie phrase See You Next Tuesday is more appropriate for old mate

The thing about it that really shits me is the lack of clarity about what he was implying with Boyd in the first place does open up to the thoughts that he could be referring to his mental health. And when it's Barrett of all people writing it, the piece of s**t who has hounded Boyd for the better part of 3 years, who is undoubtedly at least partly at fault for the inordinate amount of pressure put on Boyd, which ultimately had an effect on Boyd's mental wellbeing, it makes it that much worse.
We all enjoy giving s**t to other club supporters, but we've got our fair share of mouth breathers as well, who enjoy what dickheads like Barrett write, and believe every word they say. And the s**t that Boyd has had to go through from not only opposition supporters but our own, is absolutely the saddest part of any of the crap that Barrett writes about our club.

To top it all off, i distinctly remember him saying after the flag that Boyd has paid off his contract with that performance. Well how about you ******* leave him alone for once. I'd hate to go through all the sliding doors articles from the last 2 years and counting how many refer to Boyd and put him down. You'd easily be approaching 15, i reckon.

Would be very interesting to see how many articles/mentions he has written about Boyd.

For a competition who prides themselves on professionalism and the need to promote to the younger generation - I am not sure how utter crap like that is allowed to be put in the news/on the AFL app. Not saying that Bevo is an angel but when does the AFL step in and tell them to pull their heads in?

So we’ll said Igloo. What did Barrett imply? And why continue to smash the young man?
Boyd got that contract because Gordon ‘drew a line in the sand’ and said “no more”. The AFL, the AFL expansion clubs, especially GWS can GAGF we are not being a feeder club to these clubs any more. That’s not the kids fault. From that point on we have stood firm. (yield to none).

Wonder what’s up for us/Bevo next week if/after we get flogged by the Eagles in Perth. Could just see Barrett wanting to publish sliding doors on Monday rather than Friday

Oh god stop it will you.

Now we are blaming Barrett for Boyd’s so-called mental issues?

Come on how long is that bow??

Barrett is a knob but that is beyond ridiculous and he isn’t the only journo that had cracked In at Boyd just the one our fans seem to blame because Bev bitch slapped him.

On behalf of everyone who has ever had, or is currently battling a mental illness, **** off. Seriously, **** off.

You have your stupid little digs, your personal vendettas (which everyone sees but you) and your relentless negativity and some of us tolerate it, but enough is enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back