If Dees make the finals who do you prefer to play?

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 18, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
In that scenario i reckon we'd get the Saturday night final too.

Friday Hawks/Richmond
Sat arvo WCE/Coll (gives Coll maximum travel time back from Perth)
Sat night Dees/Cats
Sunday Sydney Derby

Then again they could make the argument that Cats fans won't want to travel back at night so we'll probably get shafted to Sunday arvo.
We will probably still be Saturday night but Eagles game will be Thursday and Sydney derby Saturday afternoon. No Sunday game

JohnZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Not to get ahead of myself but I can’t imagine an easier run for any 5th placed team to the GF than Geelong W1, Hawthorn W2, and WCE/Collingwood W3. Lose today and we almost definitely get knocked out first week by GWS at Spotless.
Considering the finals experience of Geelong and Hawthorn compared to Melbourne, and the fact that you haven't beaten either team this year, what gives you the confidence you'd make the PF "easily"?

I do agree though that the winner of 5v8 (likely Dees v Cats) has the easier run to the PF (which is hopefully v Collingwood for no Perth travel), then playing first week in Sydney then eventually a Richmond PF.

degustation

Senior List
Jul 14, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Considering the finals experience of Geelong and Hawthorn compared to Melbourne, and the fact that you haven't beaten either team this year, what gives you the confidence you'd make the PF "easily"?

I do agree though that the winner of 5v8 (likely Dees v Cats) has the easier run to the PF (which is hopefully v Collingwood for no Perth travel), then playing first week in Sydney then eventually a Richmond PF.
Didn’t say that we would make it? Just that it’s the easiest run any fifth places side could hope for

degustation

Senior List
Jul 14, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
For anyone interested, even if we'd lost the last two games after the Sydney losswe'd have still made finals but only because North lost to the Bulldogs and Adelaide and Port lost to Essendon, Collingwood, and WCE in that time. Bradbury plan would have worked, but we'd be heading to Sydney to play GWS and the confidence of the side would be so different

Apr 1, 2018
AFL Club
Tasmania
In so happy we are playing Geelong. Redemption at last and we get to knock the smug buggers out. Even if we lose we get the experience and hunger to go all the way next year, but I think we can make the pf if we roll Geelong and overcome the mental barrier

CTHORANGE

Premiership Player
May 7, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
For anyone interested, even if we'd lost the last two games after the Sydney losswe'd have still made finals but only because North lost to the Bulldogs and Adelaide and Port lost to Essendon, Collingwood, and WCE in that time. Bradbury plan would have worked, but we'd be heading to Sydney to play GWS and the confidence of the side would be so different

Yes quite different to last year, if we had fell it last year, we were woefully out of form and would have been hammered in week 1, this year we are hitting the end with momentum, which is nice

degustation

Senior List
Jul 14, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yes quite different to last year, if we had fell it last year, we were woefully out of form and would have been hammered in week 1, this year we are hitting the end with momentum, which is nice
Nah I reckon we'd have beaten Port at Adelaide Oval if West Coast hadn't beaten Adelaide and we'd finished 8th. Would have been hammered by Sydney though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back