Autopsy If Essendon played in next year's Grand Final...

Remove this Banner Ad

Dons= Probably innadvertly took PEDs. We will never know the full story.

AFL and ASADA = An unbelievably corrupt, interfered with and botched process. If the case was bought before a real court of law it would have been chucked out for a lack of due process. Demitriou et al are lucky they are not in jail for breaching ACCC regulations.

Couldn't give a sh** either way.

They are not even close to finals let alone a GF.

Last edited:

People saying the difference between Cronulla and Essendon is that the sharks took their penalty really have no ******* idea about NRL.

Melbourne storm are universally despised, the sharks have never won a flag. It's a no brainer why most people are getting behind.them

After the 3 years of the hell on earth we have endured..Essendon supporters just don't give a .... what anyone says any more.

Dons= Probably innadvertly took PEDs. We will never know the full story.

AFL and ASADA = An unbelievably corrupt, interfered with and botched process. If the case was bought before a real court of law it would have been chucked out for a lack of due process. Demitriou et al are lucky they are not in jail for breaching ACCC regulations.

Couldn't give a sh** either way.

They are not even close to finals let alone a GF.

Don't blame asada

The AFL from day one played it so Essendon would get off Scott free (or as close to as possible)
They worded them up a day before asada was set to go in, then went against asadas wishes by setting the league tribunal for the case, instead of of letting it be tried by an independent body

Then Essendon started playing games to try and further muddy the water

If I murdered somebody, and everyone knew I did it, but I said "I don't know if I did or not," any independent body would laugh their head off as they locked me up

ASADA would have found them guilty, the league knew this
When the league tried to corrupt justice, asada sent it to their bosses, to avoid more bullcrap

Keep this one to yourself but I've heard we're going the party drug route next time. It seemed to work well for your boys apart from the odd bit of flat lining and Swan river diving.
Yes, you just keep on telling yourself that's the same thing as a club-run systematic doping cheating program.

After the 3 years of the hell on earth we have endured..Essendon supporters just don't give a .... what anyone says any more.

I find the opposite, I find that Essendon supporters cry a lot. Perhaps it is the long lasting effects of the saga taking its toll? Not sure. I hope for Essendon's sake that their players come back a little less damaged than their supporters have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Western Suburbs is a mix, but plenty of Collingwood/Dogs/Essendon mainly. Few Carlton and North Supporters. No Melbourne/St. Kilda.

I was just thinking, I only know two Melbourne supporters personally. Two. That's everyone I know, when you count friends, aquaintances, workmates, family etc. It totals up to a couple of hundred people.

And two are Melbourne fans. That club really has fallen off the face of the earth over the last 50 years. Probably gone from the second most supported club in the mid 1960's to dead last. Even your mob is ahead of them now.

There will be a day, probably not of the Same caliber as the Dons, but a huge scandal none-the-less and when that day comes, I hope the Bombers fans show some class.

I know I will.

Don't blame asada

The AFL from day one played it so Essendon would get off Scott free (or as close to as possible)
They worded them up a day before asada was set to go in, then went against asadas wishes by setting the league tribunal for the case, instead of of letting it be tried by an independent body

Then Essendon started playing games to try and further muddy the water

If I murdered somebody, and everyone knew I did it, but I said "I don't know if I did or not," any independent body would laugh their head off as they locked me up

ASADA would have found them guilty, the league knew this
When the league tried to corrupt justice, asada sent it to their bosses, to avoid more bullcrap
Lol run out of materal to post about the cats so its back to Essendon now?

If they made the grand final against Sydney or another interstate side it would be the total opposite of the Bulldogs. The only people cheering for them would be their own supporters and maybe Luke Darcy + ch 7.
Luke Darcy has always been unforgivably bad but his comments in that 2013 game where he had a go at the crowd for booing drug cheat Jobe Watson marked him as an above average campaigner.

As for Essendon currently, they seem like a different club now with the grubby era out, and I don't think I would think any better or worse of them. That may change if there is a reaction to the 10 cheats who are returning (for Essendon) and if the media/AFL go over the top in defending them.

This weekend the Cronulla Sharks play in the NRL Grand Final.
The same Sharks that took a deal with ASADA for something that was almost identical to what the Bombers have been accused, and found guilty, of.
If the Bombers were to make next year's Grand Final what would people make of it?
The Sharks have been embraced by the larger community, would the Bombers get the same sort of support?

This is not meant to be another rehash of bash the Bombers.

They are a much better chance to go back to back on the wooden spoons.

Terrible list and due to what has gone on haven't been able to make the tough calls on the limited ability banned players

They are a much better chance to go back to back on the wooden spoons.

Terrible list and due to what has gone on haven't been able to make the tough calls on the limited ability banned players

As opposed to your mob who haven't had that excuse and still can't make the same calls.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back