If Fremantle beat Adelaide, are they close to the real deal?

Remove this Banner Ad

ShockersBoy11

Senior List
Feb 14, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Arsenal, Scorchers
Saturday's game will define our season I reckon. If we win, we'll be a good looking team, if we lose we'll be considered what we have been in the past, an average team. I think we can beat Adelaide, but i don't see it.

If Fremantle beat Adelaide, then it just further confirms what a random season this is. Hasn't been too long since North and Melbourne smashed Adelaide.

I'm not sure how to read Freo's form. Fairly lucky against 3 mentally fragile teams in Richmond, Melbourne and North. Beat an Essendon team that ran out of steam.

Still think they'll be a good shot at making the finals if they keep winning the close ones

I think we can beat Adelaide, but i don't see it.

I agree, but I think you're incorrect.

Fyfe will be the difference, but my hunch is Adelaide will win.

Ross has the boys believing, but it seems the players don't have faith in the game plan.

Whilst Freo is 6-3, their percentage (90) is a better indicator of how they're actually traveling. Some ok wins against middle table teams but will be beaten fairly easily by Adelaide and most other teams in the top 6-8. I expect Freo to finish on around 10-11 wins and between 10th and 12th on the ladder.

Rd10 - Adel (A) - Likely Loss
Rd11 - Coll (H) - Likely Win
Rd12 - Bris (A) - Likely Win
Rd13 - Bye
Rd14 - Gee (A) - Likely Loss
Rd15 - StK (H) - Likely Win
Rd16 - NM (A) - 50/50
Rd17 - WC (H) - 50/50
Rd18 - Haw (H) - Likely Win
Rd19 - GWS (A) - Likely loss
Rd20 - GC (H) - Likely Win
Rd21 - Syd (A) - Likely Loss
Rd22 - Rich (H) - 50/50
Rd23 - Ess (A) - 50/50

On 6 wins atm. 5 likely wins brings you to 11.
If you were to take out the crows that brings you to 12 wins not counting the 50/50 games. So whether you are considered 'real deal' or 'finalists' its still a good recovery from the 2016 season

The way I read the season as it stands:

BreakAway leaders: Crows, GWS

Big Peloton: cats, port, dogs, saints, dees, Freo, eagles, Dons, swans, tigers. (There will be 4 bitterly disappointed fanbases from these teams)

The only teams I'm putting a line through for finals are: north (albeit I think we're the best of the worst), suns, pies, hawks, Carlton, and Brisbane.

It wouldn't be enough for me to move Freo into the clear leaders group based just off a win against the crows although it would be an impressive win. Something like 5 wins from their next 6 would do it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will be beaten by 40ish points I think. I still think we could make the 8 but I would like to focus on trying to kids that are yet to get a debut.

I think we're going to get a touch up personally.

Cameron and Betts will tear us a new arse. We don't really have adequate match ups for their pace.
And at the moment on any one week we only have abut 50% of the side performing...
Which is encouraging in one way, but if it continues we're going to get smacked

Fremantle will be lucky to make the 8 this year. It is year 2 of our rebuild. Just because they have a few wins on the board does not mean they are a contender.

6-14th team at the end of the year, almost no chance of making the GF.

Rd10 - Adel (A) - Likely Loss
Rd11 - Coll (H) - Likely Win
Rd12 - Bris (A) - Likely Win
Rd13 - Bye
Rd14 - Gee (A) - Likely Loss
Rd15 - StK (H) - Likely Win
Rd16 - NM (A) - 50/50
Rd17 - WC (H) - 50/50
Rd18 - Haw (H) - Likely Win
Rd19 - GWS (A) - Likely loss
Rd20 - GC (H) - Likely Win
Rd21 - Syd (A) - Likely Loss
Rd22 - Rich (H) - 50/50
Rd23 - Ess (A) - 50/50

On 6 wins atm. 5 likely wins brings you to 11.
If you were to take out the crows that brings you to 12 wins not counting the 50/50 games. So whether you are considered 'real deal' or 'finalists' its still a good recovery from the 2016 season
Can you create a list like that for all teams so that we don't even have to bother playing the rest of the season?

No chance. Dumbest thread I've seen. I hope OP is actually 15.

Our starts are horrible and Adelaide will put too much scoreboard pressure on in the first half. The best we can hope for is this team putting together 4 solid quarters of effort and staying within 4 goals. Our ability to play with heart and scrap out wins will not be enough against Adelaide.

We need our scoring and attack to be perfect and we know that's not happening anytime soon.

If Freo lose, they're pretenders.

If the Dockers get up, I won't buy into the hype.

Crows have been way too inconsistent and have been playing terribly lately, even losing to the all-over-the-shop Demons at home. Freo winning will be a good sign but unlike usual games v the top side, I just don't see a win as an awesome result.

Freo are doing well but just look at their % and that tells the story, they're no contender this year.

Doing a lot better than I thought though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back