If Fremantle beat Adelaide, are they close to the real deal?

Remove this Banner Ad

Freomaniac .....question for you ....having watched Fyfe at his best, he was renowned for his contested marking ....what i am seeing now is a player that's not attacking aerial contests

Do you and other Freo supporters feels this aspect of his game, is him protecting his broken leg by not wishing to land on it marking contests ????

He's coming back from a year off and clearly isn't anywhere near the player he was a couple of seasons back. You may be right about 'protecting' his leg or it may be a lack of confidence or even a case of still building. Personally, I'm not expecting the 'full' Fyfe this year. Maybe in the second of half of the season you'll see more improvement but I'm thinking another preseason will result in him somewhat closer to his best.

Of course, I'd be stoked if I was wrong and he monstered Adelaide this week but wait and see how he goes next season

He's coming back from a year off and clearly isn't anywhere near the player he was a couple of seasons back. You may be right about 'protecting' his leg or it may be a lack of confidence or even a case of still building. Personally, I'm not expecting the 'full' Fyfe this year. Maybe in the second of half of the season you'll see more improvement but I'm thinking another preseason will result in him somewhat closer to his best.

Of course, I'd be stoked if I was wrong and he monstered Adelaide this week but wait and see how he goes next season
There's no reason we shouldn't be seeing the best of Fyfe ......my understanding was he was ready to play last season, but was warehoused

But he's not playing with that arrogance we associate with the Dangerfield's and Fyfes ......i hate that he's handballing too much, and IMO he is protecting that leg too much

He is not that far off his 2015 form......

upload_2017-5-24_19-29-3.png

I certainly feel his kicking is not great this year and he is not as "eye catching" but that is a good thing. It means we are less reliant on him and that guys like Neale, Blakely, Tucker and Langdon are stepping up.

There's no reason we shouldn't be seeing the best of Fyfe ......my understanding was he was ready to play last season, but was warehoused

But he's not playing with that arrogance we associate with the Dangerfield's and Fyfes ......i hate that he's handballing too much, and IMO he is protecting that leg too much

Maybe, maybe not. No-one can really say for sure but his kicking has been wayward this year, so maybe thats why. He's still on the improve though so see where it goes.

Also, others have stepped up around him so he doesn't have to do the impossible over and over so much. That may explain why you don't see the 'arrogance' (I think arrogance is the wrong word to describe these guys but I get what you're saying)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freomaniac .....question for you ....having watched Fyfe at his best, he was renowned for his contested marking ....what i am seeing now is a player that's not attacking aerial contests

Do you and other Freo supporters feels this aspect of his game, is him protecting his broken leg by not wishing to land on it marking contests ????
Sounds about right, He has been following McCarthy and Kersten in making chest marks by making leads. Still, a few Ruckman would hesitant jumping fr ruck contest in fear of doing their knees as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back