IF Geelong lose the 2019 flag...THEN...

Remove this Banner Ad

Another Cats deflection, what a surprise :rolleyes:

Shall I give you a few more minutes to photoshop something or are you just not going to bother backing up your 'facts' as usual
You asked if I could say anything about my team, which I did. :shrug:

You proceeded to stat melt in a hurry before some other girl could grab your corner.

Where are you trying to go with this, “exactly”..? :think:

It’s not like you’ve had 80+ tries posts to get to the point. :$

Yes you did but you couldn't help throw in some fake news about Richmond and Collingwood which you then squibbed on providing evidence of

Anyway, back on topic...

Your record since 2011 shows that:

* You can't win a game after a week off
* You can't win more than 1 final in a row

Given the realities of the finals structure, IF your form continues THEN it is impossible for the Cats to win the flag this year, or any year for that matter

QED

Any questions?

Well if we win the QF there’s a bit of hole in the logic running there. Oh the horror!!

The QF is played after the end-of-season bye week. You have lost your last 8 post-midseason bye games, your last 2 post-end of season bye finals, 3 of your last 4 QFs and 9 or your last 12 finals. If you do win it, you'd still have to win 3 finals in a row to win the flag. You haven't managed more than 1 in a row since 2011. Also you would have to win 2 of them after a week off. So my point stands.

In 2011 you won 3 finals in a row, well done - but that was before the post-season bye was introduced. So I think your best chance is to lose the QF and hope you can string together 3 in a row from there, hoping that your 30-35 year olds can hack it. Can you pass that on the Chris Scott if you see him.

That's assuming a top 4 finish of course but I think you can manage that.

I wouldn't be too proud of that table. You're headed for a ton of lost Finals 😬

I appreciate your concern friend but clearly we're used to it. However we have played more finals than you, won more finals than you, have a superior finals winning percentage and... the only one that really matters, 6 more flags. So we may not be "the greatest team of all" but then neither are you :cool:

Last edited:
The QF is played after the end-of-season bye week. You have lost your last 8 post-bye games. If you do win it, you'd still have to win 3 finals in a row to win the flag. You haven't managed more than 1 in a row since 2011. Also you would have to win 2 of them after a week off. So my point stands.

In 2011 you won 3 finals in a row, well done - but that was before the post-season bye was introduced. So I think your best chance is to lose the QF and hope you can string together 3 in a row from there, hoping that your 30-35 year olds can hack it

I appreciate your concern friend but clearly we're used to it. However we have played more finals than you, won more finals than you, have a superior finals winning percentage and... the only one that really matters, 6 more flags. So we may not be "the greatest team of all" but then neither are you :cool:

Oh. So who is the greatest team of all?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

^ I don't think "the greatest team of all" would have just 9 flags after 119 seasons, would they?

Maybe it's just a song, written by a guy who played in the last flag you won before your 44 year drought started. You could call that a curse for hubris I guess

^ I don't think "the greatest team of all" would have just 9 flags after 119 seasons, would they?

Maybe it's just a song, written by a guy who played in the last flag you won before your 44 year drought started. You could call that a curse for hubris I guess

Hubris
Like "the Premiership's a cake walk"?
I like your song tho
It sounds good in a Homer Simpson voice, especially the "uphold the Magpies naaaaaame" bit

Hubris
Like "the Premiership's a cake walk"?

You could say that. In fact those words were changed, in the 1980s, but the new line never caught on and it reverted

However, we adopted our song in 1906, and won more premierships than any other team through to 1958 when our 32 year drought started

Yours was adopted in 1963 and you were flagless until 2007, so... If you're into that sort of thing, it fits

You could say that. In fact those words were changed, in the 1980s, but the new line never caught on and it reverted

However, we adopted our song in 1906, and won more premierships than any other team through to 1958 when our 32 year drought started

Yours was adopted in 1963 and you were flagless until 2007, so... If you're into that sort of thing, it fits

So your song was big back in the days of dance halls and whatnot, but not so much now
And our song is like one of those genius ahead of its time tracks that caught fire later on
Got it

our song is like one of those genius ahead of its time tracks that caught fire later on

Yeah, it caught fire from exactly 2007-2011 when you won 1/3 of your total flags. Hasn't done anything before or since. You couldn't even get back 2 back in that Bomber-boosted so-called Golden Era. Now you're facing an uphill battle with an aging team and the odds against you. Maybe time for a new song

So your song was big back in the days of dance halls and whatnot, but not so much now
And our song is like one of those genius ahead of its time tracks that caught fire later on
Got it
“oh the Premierships a cakewalk”
But they’ve lost 12 of their last 14 GFs :$

^ Unlike you catflogs who only want to talk about the mighty Pies because your own team are single-digit minnows, I try to stay on topic

The topic of this thread is what a massive choke it's going to be when you fail to win the 2019 flag. The last 7 years shows you have little to no hope

^ Unlike you catflogs who only want to talk about the mighty Pies because your own team are single-digit minnows, I try to stay on topic

The topic of this thread is what a massive choke it's going to be when you fail to win the 2019 flag. The last 7 years shows you have little to no hope
So you keep repeating. Is it because no one is listening? :tearsofjoy:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back