Prediction If Graham doesn't pull up, Who replaces him? (POLL)

Who would you prefer replaces Graham if shoulder is buggered

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Get the feeling Kmac will come in for Graham or Broad should one of them be ruled out (suspect Broad will play).

Will probably run with Lachie Whitfield (if he plays) who cuts us up. Definitely got the endurance to go with him and has the height too. Love Jack Ross, but his last game (against West Coast) he looked lost and wasn't up to speed like he was pre-injury. He also didn't dominate the VFL finals (18 and 20 disposals).

For whatever reason, Kmac was wasted down back in both games and since he has gone back to VFL but was moved to the wing against Port Melbourne in the last quarter last week and became influential and more involved.

Get the feeling Kmac will come in for Graham or Broad should one of them be ruled out (suspect Broad will play).

Will probably run with Lachie Whitfield (if he plays) who cuts us up. Definitely got the endurance to go with him and has the height too. Love Jack Ross, but his last game (against West Coast) he looked lost and wasn't up to speed like he was pre-injury. He also didn't dominate the VFL finals (18 and 20 disposals).

For whatever reason, Kmac was wasted down back in both games and since he has gone back to VFL but was moved to the wing against Port Melbourne in the last quarter last week and became influential and more involved.

That’s all exactly why he’ll play ahead of Ross.

I'm for Macca in..... If only 1 change, He can go back to his wing role and Caddy shifts to the JG role and WE know Caddy can kick that long bomb goal wherever he plays.
Caddy is s*** in the midfield. Hard to see this happening. Would have been great to debut Pickett late in the season but I think Ross has shown enough. It's only Ross's disposal that worries me.

I'm not sure who comes in, but hopefully they don't play Graham. As this is too big a risk in the GF, otherwise GWS will smash him & will most likely play one down from early in the game. Happy to play best available, whoever they decide that will be.

Graham. Not sure why he wouldn’t pull up ok.

I’d be more concerned over concussion to Broad.

Graham had his shoulder pop 4 times in total during the game. I don't think he could possibly play.

Ross is like for like
Pickett is the unknown
Macca can run all day
Stack because I think at AFL level he shines

What I am trying to say is, I have no idea.

Broad will play though. Sure of that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They simply can't play Graham. His shoulder popped out 4 times in the PF. Effectively he was useless apart from a rotation, and we can't carry that risk into a Grand Final.

We aren't talking about a Dusty Martin here, Graham wouldn't be in our top 10 so very sadly and unfortunately we have to leave him out.

Happy for either Ross as a like for like or Macintosh as a versatile, hard running defensive player. This is why we rested them.

Just my opinion, I would back Ross in.

Graham surely can't play? Any shoulder experts? DontArgue4 you seem to know medical stuff if my memory serves me well?
Surely there's huge risk of the shoulder getting dislocated again?

Graham. Not sure why he wouldn’t pull up ok.

I’d be more concerned over concussion to Broad.

I've had both shoulders operated on after countless dislocations.

From my personal experience, there is zero chance Graham can play this week.

Generally, if it's the first time (or the first 2-3 times) you do it, then you're gonna be in a lot of discomfort and unable to move your arm for maybe a week or so. Generally you'd be in a sling too.

The only time I haven't had issues like that was when it started dislocating so frequently I lost count, as I could just pop it straight back in. The longer it's out, the longer more it's going to hurt and the longer you're arm will be out of action. Also if it was the first time he did it he's going to have freshly torn/stretched the ligaments and whatever else is in there, which is going to get inflamed and very painful. If he'd done it a bunch before, he wouldn't have the issue as everything would already be damaged and only surgery could fix it.

That said I have no idea how he was able to play out the game, he's incredibly tough. But you could see even as he was running to the bench he couldn't move it.

So in my opinion, even if he could somehow get through the game on Saturday, he'll be severely limited as he'll probably have very limited movement. I just don't see how he could play the next week, I can't recall ever seeing that apart from players that are having ongoing issues during the season and waiting for surgery in the off-season.

Even if he thinks he can get through the game, I think it would be too big a risk and he'll be too underdone. We can't take injured players into a gf.

I've had both shoulders operated on after countless dislocations.

From my personal experience, there is zero chance Graham can play this week.

Generally, if it's the first time (or the first 2-3 times) you do it, then you're gonna be in a lot of discomfort and unable to move your arm for maybe a week or so. Generally you'd be in a sling too.

The only time I haven't had issues like that was when it started dislocating so frequently I lost count, as I could just pop it straight back in. The longer it's out, the longer more it's going to hurt and the longer you're arm will be out of action. Also if it was the first time he did it he's going to have freshly torn/stretched the ligaments and whatever else is in there, which is going to get inflamed and very painful. If he'd done it a bunch before, he wouldn't have the issue as everything would already be damaged and only surgery could fix it.

That said I have no idea how he was able to play out the game, he's incredibly tough. But you could see even as he was running to the bench he couldn't move it.

So in my opinion, even if he could somehow get through the game on Saturday, he'll be severely limited as he'll probably have very limited movement. I just don't see how he could play the next week, I can't recall ever seeing that apart from players that are having ongoing issues during the season and waiting for surgery in the off-season.

Even if he thinks he can get through the game, I think it would be too big a risk and he'll be too underdone. We can't take injured players into a gf.

There was a point where there was a 1 on 1 with Graham and a miscellaneous Cat on the half forward flank in the PF. Would've been an easy mark for someone who didn't dislocate their shoulder minutes before but all Jack could do was throw one arm at it.

Was a gutsy effort for Jack to play the game out, but given he dislocated it a further three times after it was strapped unfortunately he's probably going to miss as he's likely to be a bit of a liability around the ground.

It's almost a coin flip between Pickett and Ross at the moment.

There was a point where there was a 1 on 1 with Graham and a miscellaneous Cat on the half forward flank in the PF. Would've been an easy mark for someone who didn't dislocate their shoulder minutes before but all Jack could do was throw one arm at it.

Was a gutsy effort for Jack to play the game out, but given he dislocated it a further three times after it was strapped unfortunately he's probably going to miss as he's likely to be a bit of a liability around the ground.

It's almost a coin flip between Pickett and Ross at the moment.
RCD

They simply can't play Graham. His shoulder popped out 4 times in the PF. Effectively he was useless apart from a rotation, and we can't carry that risk into a Grand Final.

We aren't talking about a Dusty Martin here, Graham wouldn't be in our top 10 so very sadly and unfortunately we have to leave him out.

Happy for either Ross as a like for like or Macintosh as a versatile, hard running defensive player. This is why we rested them.

Just my opinion, I would back Ross in.
He still had the highest total pressure points, and second highest tackles for the match...not saying he'll play, but was far from useless

pickett's form is hard to ignore. it's not without risk, given he's untried at afl level, but he's that silky and gifted that i reckon he'd at least hold his own if played on saturday.

ross is the other one. looked great earlier in the year, but hasn't been so hot recently. maybe the coaches go with what they know, though. gonna be interesting at any rate

Back