Prediction If GWS & SUNS are gone...players into draft so who do we pick?

godoggies15

Team Captain
Nov 11, 2014
Bendigo
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
To assist in the boredom of no games I thought I would have a go at a future headline.

In cost cutting measures the AFL had to make the decision they can no longer afford to keep propping up GWS and the SUNS clubs. All players will go into a one off draft for clubs to select from. Given our position on the 2019 ladder was 8th that gives us pick 9. Going through the list of players I am guessing the first 8 selected would be (in no particular order) - Coniglio, Greene, Whitfield, Cameron, Taranto, Haynes & King, Rowell. Who do we take? My pick - Rankine

Now our current position is 17th which gives us the second pick. Assuming Cameron goes first then do we pick Greene?

To assist in the boredom of no games I thought I would have a go at a future headline.

In cost cutting measures the AFL had to make the decision they can no longer afford to keep propping up GWS and the SUNS clubs. All players will go into a one off draft for clubs to select from. Given our position on the 2019 ladder was 8th that gives us pick 9. Going through the list of players I am guessing the first 8 selected would be (in no particular order) - Coniglio, Greene, Whitfield, Cameron, Taranto, Haynes & King, Rowell. Who do we take? My pick - Rankine

Now our current position is 17th which gives us the second pick. Assuming Cameron goes first then do we pick Greene?
For a bit of balance (and to avoid any hint of complacency, smugness or schadenfreude) I suggest we play another game. North Melbourne and the Western Bulldogs close their doors and their players are put into a draft for the other 16 clubs.

What order would our players go in and where do you think they'd end up?

weltschmerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
For a bit of balance (and to avoid any hint of complacency, smugness or schadenfreude) I suggest we play another game. North Melbourne and the Western Bulldogs close their doors and their players are put into a draft for the other 16 clubs.

I think Bont would be one of the first to go, and Bailey Smith would be up pretty high, he's got a huge career ahead of him.

Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Tasmania

Bont, Naughton, Macrae would be the first three picked. Bailey Smith would go to Hawks. Ryan Gardner the surprise bolter.

Nov 29, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies

1. Bont
2. Naughton
3. Brown
4. Dunkley
5. Macrae
6. (Bailey) Smith
7. Larkey
8. Thomas
9. Daniel
10. JJ
11. Cunnington
12. English
13. Lipinski
14. (Bailey) Williams
15. Polec
16. Higgins
17. (Marley) Williams
18. West
19. Tarrant
20. Crozier
21. Keath
22. Taylor
23. Richards
24. Hunter
25. Davies-Uniacke
26. Weightman
27. Dale
28. (Lewis) Young
29. Pittard
30. Bruce
31. Daw
32. McLean
33. Ziebell
34. lloyd
35. Zurhaar
36. Turner
37. Gowers
38. Scott
39. Dumont
40. (Easton) Wood
41. Anderson
42. Ahern
43. Walker
44. Xerri
45. Schache
46. Atley
47. Sweet
48. Vandermeer
49. Bonar
50. Macmillan
51. Simpkin
52. Comben
53. Wallis
54. Duryea
55. Liberatore
56. (Lachie) Young
57. McDonald
58. Greene
59. Murphy
60. Perez
61. Butler
-
Undrafted
North: Jacobs, Gardner, McKay, Goldstein, Tyson, (Mason) Wood, Vickers-Willis, Mahony, Crocker, Hayden, McGuinness, Campbell, Hall, Hosie
Dogs: Suckling, Trengove, Cordy, Khamis, Cavarra, Porter, Dickson, Hayes, Lynch, (Roarke) Smith, Garcia, Gardner, Jong

Thanks for helping me waste time, and getting me to learn many new names.

1. Bont
2. Naughton
3. Brown
4. Dunkley
5. Macrae
6. (Bailey) Smith
7. Larkey
8. Thomas
9. Daniel
10. JJ
11. Cunnington
12. English
13. Lipinski
14. (Bailey) Williams
15. Polec
16. Higgins
17. (Marley) Williams
18. West
19. Tarrant
20. Crozier
21. Keath
22. Taylor
23. Richards
24. Hunter
25. Davies-Uniacke
26. Weightman
27. Dale
28. (Lewis) Young
29. Pittard
30. Bruce
31. Daw
32. McLean
33. Ziebell
34. lloyd
35. Zurhaar
36. Turner
37. Gowers
38. Scott
39. Dumont
40. (Easton) Wood
41. Anderson
42. Ahern
43. Walker
44. Xerri
45. Schache
46. Atley
47. Sweet
48. Vandermeer
49. Bonar
50. Macmillan
51. Simpkin
52. Comben
53. Wallis
54. Duryea
55. Liberatore
56. (Lachie) Young
57. McDonald
58. Greene
59. Murphy
60. Perez
61. Butler
-
Undrafted
North: Jacobs, Gardner, McKay, Goldstein, Tyson, (Mason) Wood, Vickers-Willis, Mahony, Crocker, Hayden, McGuinness, Campbell, Hall, Hosie
Dogs: Suckling, Trengove, Cordy, Khamis, Cavarra, Porter, Dickson, Hayes, Lynch, (Roarke) Smith, Garcia, Gardner, Jong

Thanks for helping me waste time, and getting me to learn many new names.
Amazing effort!
:thumbsu:

Back